Letter From A Soldier - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Letter From A Soldier

A friend of mine I served with in the Navy sent this to me today. I definitely agree with him 100%.

Quote:
Okay, I need to rant.
I was just watching the news, and I caught part of a report on Michael Jackson. As we all know, Jackson died the other day. He was an entertainer who performed for decades. He made millions, he spent millions, and he did a lot of things that make him a villain to many people. I understand that his death would affect a lot of people, and I respect those people who mourn his death, but that isn't the point of my rant.

Why is it that when ONE man dies, the whole of America loses their minds with grief. When a man dies whose only contribution to the country was to ENTERTAIN people, the American people find the need to flock to a memorial in Hollywood , and even Congress sees the need to hold a "moment of silence" for his passing?
-

Am I missing something here? ONE man dies, and all of a sudden he's a freaking martyr because he entertained us for a few decades? What about all those SOLDIERS who have died to give us freedom? All those Soldiers who, knowing that they would be asked to fight in a war, still raised their hands and swore to defend the Constitution and the United States of America. Where is their moment of silence? Where are the people flocking to their graves or memorials and mourning over them because they made the ultimate sacrifice? Why is it when a Soldier dies, there are more people saying "good riddance," and "thank God for IEDs?" When did this country become so calloused to the sacrifice of GOOD MEN and WOMEN, that they can arbitrarily blow off their deaths, and instead, throw themselves into mourning for a "Pop Icon?"

-

I think that if they are going to hold a moment of silence IN CONGRESS for Michael Jackson, they need to hold a moment of silence for every service member killed in Iraq and Afghanistan . They need to PUBLICLY recognize every life that has been lost so that the American people can live their callous little lives in the luxury and freedom that WE, those that are living and those that have gone on, have provided for them. But, wait, that would take too much time, because there have been so many willing to make that sacrifice. After all, we will never make millions of dollars. We will never star in movies, or write hit songs that the world will listen too. We only shed our blood, sweat and tears so that people can enjoy what they have.

-

Sorry if I have offended, but I needed to say it. Feel free to pass this along if you want.

-

Remember these five words the next time you think of someone who is serving in the military;

-

"So that others may live..."

Last edited by Doug Rahn; 07-10-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Rahn View Post
A friend of mine I served with in the Navy sent this to me today. I definitely agree with him 100%.

I salute you sir.......

73' mustang coupe 514/C6
66' mustang coupe
69 GTO/clone
49' Hudson supersix/390FE Ford
proud member keyboard warriors
and the Southern group
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 11:02 AM

I salute your service to our country too. No need to worry about offending anybody because you have earned the right in defending this country along with ALL soldiers for the freedoms we enjoy. MJ was a child molestor and slept with little boys and gets all of this treatment. Our country is screwed up and getting worse everyday.

Russ Hood
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 11:08 AM

I agree, Kudos to the man that wrote that letter

And thanks to our brothers and sisters fighting for our freedom!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
http://photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 11:28 AM

That is great!

Thank you and your freind for your service.

I think the brave men and women who defond our freedoms need much more credit, they give so much "So that others may live."

In Canada, we remember our vetrans on Nov.11. The poppy is the flower that we have to mark the day. I keep a poppy in my truck year around, every day is rememberance day to me.

Bill

I salute our troops. Thanks for your service.

"The Key Board Warriors"

1983 Thunderbird
Big Block Power
466 Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, cam, intake
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 11:32 AM

Damn fine bit of writing their, 100% agree with the aurthor
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfree383 View Post
Damn fine bit of writing their, 100% agree with the aurthor
x2 very honest description,, thank you for your service. 9-11-01 we will never forget,, you guys are the REASON it has not happened again.

Rick

Built FORD tough by 460FORD.com
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 12:17 PM

Thanks for sharing that Doug, I agree too.
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 12:45 PM

Same here

X10 on everything in that letter. So very true.

Kerry Clark
U.S. Navy
1981 to 1988

My heart goes out everyday for the men and women that serve our country. They never get enough respect and they earn more than most.

Kerry Clark
1968 Coupe Mustang, 466, 2388 lbs.
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 01:22 PM

"F" that! Sounds like vanity to me. Lots of good people die every day without so much as a newspaper obit snippet. If you want recognition for putting yourself out there and possibly dying, get out of the military and start wearing shiny shoes and reflective clothes on some silly stage. Until then just shut up and be proud of yourself without going into some huge rant about how misplaced the American public's concerns are. Just my opinion.

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJackson View Post
"F" that! Sounds like vanity to me. Lots of good people die every day without so much as a newspaper obit snippet. If you want recognition for putting yourself out there and possibly dying, get out of the military and start wearing shiny shoes and reflective clothes on some silly stage. Until then just shut up and be proud of yourself without going into some huge rant about how misplaced the American public's concerns are. Just my opinion.
It's pretty odvious you've never served your country........ In fact have you ever done any thing other than complain and be very unappriciative of people willing to make a scrafice your probably scared to bit off?
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:

Take a tour in the desert and see if that changes your mind.
post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 02:20 PM

Ahhh its good that some things are predictable in the world. Scott picking a popular topic and giving a reply thats sure to get everyone riled up...

What a suprise!
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I'll tell you what Scott, you can take your opinion and stick it up your *** because it's certainly not welcomed here. You're obviously reading something into the letter that's not there. You have completely missed the entire point of his rant, and as usual you are trying to start something that apparently helps you get your jollies off. Get a life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in