New Season of Pinks All Out premiered last night - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

New Season of Pinks All Out premiered last night

I became a big fan of Pinks All Out on TV when it started, it was a breath of fresh air compared to the whining, crying, lying, and sandbagging on the old Pinks show. Well the big dumb bald guy wasn't happy with his success and has made changes. Now they pair up the cars in the 2nd qualifying run and set a minimum ET that they have to run. If you get loose or spin the tires a little and don't run the number- your out! Nate Pritchett has gone on to start the 1320X racing series for Pullin TV and has been replaced by Brian Bassone and Rich's half wit cousin Kail. A new addition is a new guy "Willie B." who says even dumber things than the Bald Guy! Maybe I'll get used to it as time goes buy, or maybe not. I.M.O.
Gary

1992 Mustang GT 502 cu/in-631 hp Street Car
A-429 heads, KOOKS headers, Rollerized C-6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 08:31 AM

Thumbs down I won't get used to

I will watch one more show and if it is as bad as last night, no more for me. Nate, his brother, cute girl doing the boards, and the commentary that made sense are all gone, I may as well be too.

67 Mustang F/B, 565, SCJ, 808hp
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 09:04 AM

Pinks is WWF of auto racing..it's a joke ..plain and simple..It's all about TV ratings .The crowd there doesn't get to see much racing ,just a ton of cool cars making time runs, but if that turns them on..that's what makes Rich richer..lol..

Dan Hobbs 2004 Super Pro Champion Windy Hollow 2002 NHRA National Dragster Challenge Super Pro Champion Beech Bend Raceway Best ET 5.290 @ 132.95 1.14 60 Ft. 575 injected alcohol 2008 & 2009 BBF Bash PRO Champion(The Guy With 2 BIG Checks)2010FunFord Super Pro Winner @Norwalk,Oh. 2011 NHRA National HotRod Reunion Gas Eliminator Champion..2012 Ford Thunder Q-16 Heads Up Champion

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 09:19 AM

The show really boosted interest in drag racing, and heck, anything about drag racing on tv I will support, but I am afraid I don't like some of the changes. Nate and his brother gave the show a more technical aspect, as did Ken walking around talking to the drivers in the pits. Those things, even if Nate and his brother aren't in the grandstand, should stay. Now, the show doesn't have a focus. You don't know the racers, you don't know what's going on (are they sandbagging? are they all grouping up at a certain time? what are the best classes?), and you certainly don't have any sense of drama. It's now a bunch of clips.

They gotta lose the other bald guy. I think he's a d.j., and I guess they wanted to give some hit and run narration, but man, he really doesn't add anything. "We got a Camaro and a truck!" . . . oooooh, thanks, couldn't tell from the actual footage of them racing. Then he makes snarky comments on things. Come on! You got gearheads watching the show, give them some technical insights here!

I think I'll make the same comments to the show on their website. They asked for feedback on "Pass Time" and other shows, so maybe they will listen to us.

The Original "RedneckProfessor"
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)

The only show of that type I enjoy is where the panel of three have got to guess the E.T. of the car runing.
It's like a game show but, with drag cars as the props.

www.rmcompetition.com

R.M. Competition - The finest Custom Engine Building for any venue ... !
Selling Parts and Supplies from companies I use ... 1(586)909-1591

CUSTOM ground camshafts
Carburetor modifications for specific applications
CNC porting
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcomprandy View Post
The only show of that type I enjoy is where the panel of three have got to guess the E.T. of the car runing.

x2 the whole family likes passtime

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

I'm not sure if Nate's new racing series "1320X" is going to be televised or if it's going to be like Armdrop Live and just be a racing series. 1320X is supposed to promote Outlaw and Outlaw drag radial racing. Nate's brother Adam is also involved. It's funny, they've already had a couple of events and I never heard anything about it. I think Nate knows enough about drag racing that it won't have all the phony gimmicks of Pinks.
Gary
http://www.1320x.com/

Last edited by gtmustang; 07-17-2009 at 03:11 PM.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcomprandy View Post
X3 It's great! I even enjoy watching the reruns.
Gary

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmustang View Post
I'm not sure if Nate's new racing series "1320X" is going to be televised or if it's going to be like Armdrop Live and just be a racing series. 1320X is supposed to promote Outlaw and Outlaw drag radial racing. Nate's brother Adam is also involved. It's funny, theyve already had a couple of events and I never heard anything about it. I think Nate knows enough about drag racing that it won't have all the phony gimmicks of Pinks.
Gary
http://www.1320x.com/
I got an email the other day from 1320X that they were done for the year because their main sponsors pulled out. They would postpone all events until the economy got better and they could get sponsors. I went to the Martin, MI., event and it was impressive racing if you enjoy outlaw racing.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 06:58 PM

I agree with you guys 100%. They should have just left it alone, it was better the way it was. Nate and his brother in the tower at least knew what they were talking about. And the minimum e.t. in the 2nd round is retarded. There wasn't even much racing coverage of the qualifying rounds. Why do they always have to mess with stuff? We'll see if it gets any better... I doubt it!

557ci 70 Maverick, [email protected] 1.25 60ft.... So far....
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

next week they are going to run all 4 lanes @ z-max dragway .......now that is gay

but you know what this is the kind of **** that stirs the perfomance market up .gets people to spend money ....... it will keep the performance shops in business ...lots of ways you can look at this stuff guys ...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by bruno; 07-17-2009 at 07:04 PM.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 09:42 PM

Send a message via MSN to powerstrokeace
Willie-B is was a DJ here in Colorado and man did he suck at that. because of his DJ status he used everybody so he could bracket race his own car. I really never like PINKs at all.

Ace
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

I tried to watch the repeat of the season opener to see if I could make any sense of it. I still was lost, it's almost as if the person that edited it had Attention Deficit Disorder! It just seems to jump quickly from video clip to video clip without giving anyone enough time to figure out what's going on. And the dumb a_s comments of Rich and Willie G. don't help. If the next episode is anything like this on, I won't be watching anymore. That's too bad because there isn't much else worth watching on TV these days.
Gary

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Email Rich NOW!

I watched the 2nd episode last night and really didn't care for it. To me it was just a dizzying sequence of video clips. You hardly ever saw a run from start to finish. The clips changed so fast that it was hard to figure out what kind of car was running. The comments from willie B. and ich are just DUMB. I emailed Rich (the bald dumb guy) at [email protected] and expressed my dislike for the new format! Maybe if they hear from enough people, they'll make some changes to the shows that haven't shown yet. Just editing the show differently, and highlighting the racing instead of the wise cracks and BS would improve it.
Gary

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno View Post
x2 the whole family likes passtime
Thats the only one worth a Flip, Pinks All out is even Dumber than the stupid bald guy, thats the only show you can watch and get dumber

'he never hit the brakes and he was shifting gears'

Larry (SLIM)

77 F-150 BB on 38.5's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in