This is why I love Texas - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

This is why I love Texas

Two Amarillo residents helped police stop two men fleeing a traffic accident Tuesday at 26th Southwest Avenue and Georgia Street.

The men were in a Chevy pickup driving south on Georgia Street. According to police, the truck ran a red light about 5:30 p.m. and struck a Honda Civic turning west onto 26th from Georgia. The impact caused the Honda to spin and hit another truck eastbound on 26th Avenue. Information on possible injuries was not available.

According to police, the occupants of the Chevy drove away but were followed by two people who witnessed the accident.

The men abandoned the pickup several blocks away and tried to run. The two people chased the men for several blocks and held them at gunpoint until police arrived.

http://www.amarillo.com/stories/0722..._pbrief3.shtml

'83 Mustang GT - 552/C6 - 10.12 @ 136
'73 "F100" - EFI460/E4OD
Drag Week 2011 - 77th in Daily Driver
Drag Week 2012 - Street Race BB N/A runner-up
Drag Week 2014 - *kapooya*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 02:43 PM
jm

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

if you tryed that here in canada, you would be locked up like a criminal!!! and the hit and run dudes would probably get to sue!!!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 03:26 PM

Thats pretty cool

'he never hit the brakes and he was shifting gears'

Larry (SLIM)

77 F-150 BB on 38.5's

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm View Post
if you tryed that here in canada, you would be locked up like a criminal!!! and the hit and run dudes would probably get to sue!!!!
I'm truly sorry to hear that.

The older I get, the smarter Dad was.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Forum Contributor

I think this kind of action taken by the two gentlemen is to be commended. I can say for a fact that this same attitude would be found in a lot of places here in the middle of our country. A few years back there were some armed fugitives that were on route to come through our little town and people were warned to stay off of the two main highways that intersect the middle of town. A lot of people offered the local constabulary to assist in any way that they could and shoot back if necessary. The local police and sherrif kindly declined any help and said that they were going to let the suspects pass and apprehend them in a more rural area where it was safer. When the suspects showed up and blazed through town the chase was on and there was literally no where for them to go when they exited our town as the FBI, State P's, Sherrif, and local cops surrounded them outside of town in a deserted area. A train was conveniently blocking one side to get away and about 100 rednecks in pickups with loaded guns were blocking the other side. I guess we don't listen too well, but the problem was solved none the less. Them big city problem causers were a little surprised at how much we don't like that kind of stuff around here.

run what ya brung and hope you brung enough
89 F150 mud drag truck
Charter member 460Ford.com "*** kissers"
BUILT 460Ford.com forum TOUGH. Assembled by me and all my friends here. It don't get no better than that.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 06:16 PM

what I love about TX just sent me a text message...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty View Post
I think this kind of action taken by the two gentlemen is to be commended. I can say for a fact that this same attitude would be found in a lot of places here in the middle of our country. A few years back there were some armed fugitives that were on route to come through our little town and people were warned to stay off of the two main highways that intersect the middle of town. A lot of people offered the local constabulary to assist in any way that they could and shoot back if necessary. The local police and sherrif kindly declined any help and said that they were going to let the suspects pass and apprehend them in a more rural area where it was safer. When the suspects showed up and blazed through town the chase was on and there was literally no where for them to go when they exited our town as the FBI, State P's, Sherrif, and local cops surrounded them outside of town in a deserted area. A train was conveniently blocking one side to get away and about 100 rednecks in pickups with loaded guns were blocking the other side. I guess we don't listen too well, but the problem was solved none the less. Them big city problem causers were a little surprised at how much we don't like that kind of stuff around here.
Thats a cool story Schmitty, sounds like my kinda town.

JM is right, here in Canada you just better shut up, sit down and be a victim. The police will be along to fill out the paper work as soon as they finished their Tim Hortons coffee!!! I don't envy the cops here, they end up going into some bad situations to clean up because people can't defend themselves.

Bill

I salute our troops. Thanks for your service.

"The Key Board Warriors"

1983 Thunderbird
Big Block Power
466 Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, cam, intake
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 10:51 PM
Forum Contributor

I live one mile from my county line and know both sherrifs personally. The town I am addressed to is in the county north of me and I know half of the town cops on duty there and a couple of the retired ones. There is a State P office in the courthouse and I went to school with one of them and know a couple others well. A good relationship with The Law is a good thing and they know I will shoot them straight no matter what the situation. Oh and the judge and county attorney are good personal freinds also. Not saying I could get away with anything, just that I know I'm not going to get the stink eye if something bad goes down.

run what ya brung and hope you brung enough
89 F150 mud drag truck
Charter member 460Ford.com "*** kissers"
BUILT 460Ford.com forum TOUGH. Assembled by me and all my friends here. It don't get no better than that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in