Our weekend at Norwalk - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Our weekend at Norwalk

We thrashed really hard after the Bash too get Tweety's new A-head deal ready for Norwalk and we did but w/some intake sealing problems. The day we left I installed new THICKER gasket and thought that would do the trick. So I didn't start it until I got to the track because I needed to let the silicone setup. That did'nt do it either, it still sucked oil through the intake from the lifter gallery. SO, I found a new set of gaskets at the track and we were Thrashing again until 2 am Sat. morning. This time we siliconed around each port on the top/bottom of the gasket and My GREAT friend Charlie Evans told me to even seal the intake and rocker arm studs w/teflon pipe dope or silicon. I did the intake bolts but I was so thrashed out I did'nt get the Rocker studs. It did'nt work either. You can look down through the intake and see oil in the intake ports.
I think my Dove A block has been angle milled and causing a bad mis match w/un milled heads/intake. So when I get rested up I will start searching for the problem again.
I want to thank all my Forum friends for thrashing w/me over the weekend.AL MARTIN,GERRY,GOIN POSTAL, BIG SHANK,TORE,and all my other great friends that helped.If I can EVER do anything for you,let me know I also want to thank Charlie Evans for being concerned w/my deal to call several times to help.That is a TRUE friend.
Other that all that w/LiL Tweety we had a blast. In our pits we had AL Martin and his son Graham, Mike(GoinPostal, Mark(Big Shank,And Tore from NY. And Gerry pitted across the pit lane and Rick(Dagwood) was close too. Out of all the members that were there and racing Tore is the only one that did'nt have problems. That big Blue Torino of Tore's is ONEBADFORD. At 4000lb. it ripped consistant 10.40's all weekend long and packing the front wheels each and every pass. And he was winning rounds also.
Over all we had a great time and saw some very fast Fords.And met more Forum members for the first time.

Rick Brown
(LIL TWEETY) BBF 62 Falcon Tube Chassis
Member of a BAND OF BROTHERS

Pro Motion Machining
Perfect Reflections Photography
Bronx Corner Automotive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 08:30 AM

Glad you had some fun Rick... Sorry to hear about your engine troubles, can't wait to hear how the Falcon runs with the new combo...

Doug...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] '86 F150... 521 w/ FRPP SCJ Heads, Glide...
Best ET: 1/8---6.17 @ 112 mph N/A @ 1200'
6.34 @ 112 mph N/A @ 5000'
1/4---9.73 @ 136 mph N/A @ 1200'
9.97 @ 135 mph N/A @ 5000'
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 09:13 AM

you are welcome and no need to thanks me - its our pleasure

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 10:12 AM

X2 here Rick.Ill get some pics up once I get the roll finnished up.
Regards.
Al
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 11:33 AM

Smile

I had a super time. I almost didnt go because of the weather. At 3:30 Thursday I said to my wife I am staying home and she said just go. ( Boyfriend was probably coming over). Needless to say I went and it was great. Everybody tried feeding me and I want to loose some weight.I met some new people from the forum and it was a good time. I hope to hook up with these folks again in Columbus for the Labor Day event.
The car ran great. I did find out the motor doesnt like humid air. I thought the car was a little off because of the times but by Sunday morning it was cool and I was running better.
On another note Friday night I started having Kidney pains and just went to bed and all went well for the weekend but last night I was in the ER at 11:00 pm passing a kidney stone. Holy Crap I knew what it was like to give birth I told the nurse.

It was probably from all the wheelies I was doing knocked something loose. But by 2:30am I was home and got up and went to work. And feel great now. Sure glad that stone thing didnt happen while I was down there or when I was driving home.
But it was a hell of alot of fun.

Tore

70 Cobra
71 Cobra
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tore View Post
I had a super time. I almost didnt go because of the weather. At 3:30 Thursday I said to my wife I am staying home and she said just go. ( Boyfriend was probably coming over). Needless to say I went and it was great. Everybody tried feeding me and I want to loose some weight.I met some new people from the forum and it was a good time. I hope to hook up with these folks again in Columbus for the Labor Day event.
The car ran great. I did find out the motor doesnt like humid air. I thought the car was a little off because of the times but by Sunday morning it was cool and I was running better.
On another note Friday night I started having Kidney pains and just went to bed and all went well for the weekend but last night I was in the ER at 11:00 pm passing a kidney stone. Holy Crap I knew what it was like to give birth I told the nurse.

It was probably from all the wheelies I was doing knocked something loose. But by 2:30am I was home and got up and went to work. And feel great now. Sure glad that stone thing didnt happen while I was down there or when I was driving home.
But it was a hell of alot of fun.

Tore
Glad you are OK Tore

Rick Brown

Pro Motion Machining
Bronx Corner Automotive
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 02:19 PM

Tore is tough as nails!! He's a MANS MAN

We plan on going to the NMRA event in Columbus, hopefully we can all pit together. Chuck wants to try and make the Z-max NMRA race but I haven't thought about it yet.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
http://photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 02:46 PM

Hey that would be great if you guys can come up. Is my little brother Chuck coming???

Tore

70 Cobra
71 Cobra
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 03:40 PM

Torre,
Sorry to hear about the kidney stones. Nothing like some Charlie Evans induced torque/HP to break and flush somthing loose!
Graham hopes he is two foot taller next time he sees your car to get a REAL feel for the cockpit!
Regards.
Al
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tore View Post
Hey that would be great if you guys can come up. Is my little brother Chuck coming???

Tore

That's the plan

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
http://photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

That would be AWESOME Damon. If I take the block complety down to check the block out I may not make Columbus to race,but I want to make Bowling green really bad.

Rick Brown

Pro Motion Machining
Bronx Corner Automotive
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 09:00 PM

Talking fun at norwalk

Had a great time meeting and hanging out friends, getting to talked to al, tore,gerry and all the jackson OH clan and bob with grill. Tore, i like that corba jet torino a lot. Will post pics as soon as i get them.

Its just a little small block.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 11:45 PM

Wink

Al,

Nice meeting you we had a good talk Sunday afternoon,Graham looked pretty happy in Tore's car.I told you if you put some blocks of wood on his feet and raised the seat he would of been good to go.

Later Mark.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 08:39 AM

Nice meeting you too Mark, and everyone else. Will have to do it again sometime soon!
Anyone wants some of the Viennas hotdogs to take home, just let me know before we get together again.
Regards.
Al
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in