That's 2 today already.. - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Savannah, Ga
Posts: 846
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
 
That's 2 today already..

2 Threads locked already today. and the 2nd one was only a few minutes old.. Odds are this will be the third one. Guess the party line is..If they don't like it, lock it..

Mike Stevens
Member of "The Band of Brothers"
2011 American Swingarm, 615" A Head
Engine built by Oakley MotorSports...
1.008,4.55 @ 153.06
Eliminator Products dealer
Thanks "Geez." RIP
QtrWarrior is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Senior Member
 
77mud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Stella NC
Posts: 2,268
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
It is that, if it goes against them then its out the door

'he never hit the brakes and he was shifting gears'

Larry (SLIM)

77 F-150 BB on 38.5's
77mud is offline  
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Diggindeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Timmins, ontario
Posts: 2,221
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Its not chilly, he was sure to PM me right away to tell me so.

Despite what you've heard, opportunity does not knock
Diggindeeper is offline  
 
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Administrator
 
Cale Aronson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chillicothe, MO
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
Guys...

I am at the point of just saying this...

Drop it, let it go! Things haven't changed. If you want to go to another place, please feel free, but don't come back here and complain. It isn't doing anyone any good!

I have been 100% open and told everyone I am open to suggestions and comments. I don't own this, I don't get paid to do it, and I stepped in because I could help keep things status quo for the most part.

There are a select few that continue to come here and bad mouth what little changes there have been, and are mad at the change in ownership. If those people continue to post non-contstructive comments and threads, then we will just have to start doing something, but I really don't want to! Lets please get back to business at hand.

Cale Aronson - Administrator
Black Magic Clutchs - Aronson Motorsports
Shelby Performance Mountain Motor Pro Stock Mustang
Shop - 660-646-4553 - Cell - 816-390-0852 - Email - [email protected]
WWW.BLACKMAGICCLUTCHES.COM - WWW.GOFASTQUICK.COM

Jon Kaase Racing Engines - Ford Racing Parts - RAM Clutches - Browell - Trick Titanium - Bohr Racing - PEM Gears - Orme Brothers - Penske Racing Shocks - Innovators West - DJ Safety
Cale Aronson is offline  
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Senior Member
 
ky mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Benton Ky
Posts: 1,161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
 
Well you have asked what changes some did not like and the extra sections were identified and they are still there ? So does this post mean if you don't like it take a hike ?
ky mustang is offline  
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Administrator
 
Cale Aronson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chillicothe, MO
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
It means that I will listen to everyone, and make a decision made on multiple opinions. I have had a lot of people PM me telling me they like the Race Section, and with the people being a pain, that I should just get rid of them because they are tired or seeing the site brought down by them.

Point is.... I am listening, but not just one rant makes a change!

Also, for the most part.... If you don't like a section, don't go there!

Cale Aronson - Administrator
Black Magic Clutchs - Aronson Motorsports
Shelby Performance Mountain Motor Pro Stock Mustang
Shop - 660-646-4553 - Cell - 816-390-0852 - Email - [email protected]
WWW.BLACKMAGICCLUTCHES.COM - WWW.GOFASTQUICK.COM

Jon Kaase Racing Engines - Ford Racing Parts - RAM Clutches - Browell - Trick Titanium - Bohr Racing - PEM Gears - Orme Brothers - Penske Racing Shocks - Innovators West - DJ Safety
Cale Aronson is offline  
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Administrator
 
Cale Aronson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chillicothe, MO
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
Ky mustang.... your location tells me your status on being constructive on helping THIS site!

Cale Aronson - Administrator
Black Magic Clutchs - Aronson Motorsports
Shelby Performance Mountain Motor Pro Stock Mustang
Shop - 660-646-4553 - Cell - 816-390-0852 - Email - [email protected]
WWW.BLACKMAGICCLUTCHES.COM - WWW.GOFASTQUICK.COM

Jon Kaase Racing Engines - Ford Racing Parts - RAM Clutches - Browell - Trick Titanium - Bohr Racing - PEM Gears - Orme Brothers - Penske Racing Shocks - Innovators West - DJ Safety
Cale Aronson is offline  
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Senior Member
 
ky mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Benton Ky
Posts: 1,161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
 
See the problem is it clutters up the home page. A function that would allow each individual user to block out all unwanted sections and advertisements would be nice as well.
ky mustang is offline  
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,156
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by QtrWarrior View Post
2 Threads locked already today. and the 2nd one was only a few minutes old.. Odds are this will be the third one. Guess the party line is..If they don't like it, lock it..


Yer kidding me right ?... nothing has changed, just the names. This site has been "over moderated" for a very long time.

My take is it is a "free site" if you don't like it find the door it's standing wide open.

" A - Head Groupie"
blastertech70 is offline  
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Administrator
 
Cale Aronson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chillicothe, MO
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
I understand what you are saying, but my intention is to provide as much possible space for different needs and desires for ALL users, not just the older members.... however I do keep that in mind. I don't plan on it growing again anytime soon! The only section I don't have anything to do with is the Site Sponsors....

However, keep in mind that those people aren't here for advice, but rather to put up money which keeps this a free site.

I don't know of a way to make the topics minimize, but like say.... I don't plan for it to grow anytime soon. I added the Race stuff, because it would get lost in the general street/strip type stuff and the questions wouldn't get answered. I was asked by about 10 people for the 4x4 HD stuff, and I figured that it was ok for them to have a place.

Cale Aronson - Administrator
Black Magic Clutchs - Aronson Motorsports
Shelby Performance Mountain Motor Pro Stock Mustang
Shop - 660-646-4553 - Cell - 816-390-0852 - Email - [email protected]
WWW.BLACKMAGICCLUTCHES.COM - WWW.GOFASTQUICK.COM

Jon Kaase Racing Engines - Ford Racing Parts - RAM Clutches - Browell - Trick Titanium - Bohr Racing - PEM Gears - Orme Brothers - Penske Racing Shocks - Innovators West - DJ Safety
Cale Aronson is offline  
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Senior Member
 
ky mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Benton Ky
Posts: 1,161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cale Aronson View Post
Ky mustang.... your location tells me your status on being constructive on helping THIS site!
sir thats my freedom of speech. My grandfather manned a machine gun in JAPAN FOR 4 YEARS TO PROVIDE THE FREEDOM WE ENJOY. I deserve to be able to use my freedom to display my location that in your opinion is not constructive to this site. I am sorry you do not like my location
ky mustang is offline  
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Savannah, Ga
Posts: 846
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cale Aronson View Post
Guys...

I am at the point of just saying this...

Drop it, let it go! Things haven't changed. If you want to go to another place, please feel free, but don't come back here and complain. It isn't doing anyone any good!

I have been 100% open and told everyone I am open to suggestions and comments. I don't own this, I don't get paid to do it, and I stepped in because I could help keep things status quo for the most part.

There are a select few that continue to come here and bad mouth what little changes there have been, and are mad at the change in ownership. If those people continue to post non-contstructive comments and threads, then we will just have to start doing something, but I really don't want to! Lets please get back to business at hand.
Cale,
I said nothing about going to another place or said you're doing anything wrong. For the record , I am a Mod on "another" Ford website ( HC50), and know what a thankless job it is.. Walking a tightrope isn't any fun..
What I WAS pointing out is... that Charlie asked a question and all he asked for is an answer. People respond to his question and lo and behold, the thread gets locked before Charlie can respond.. Is that all it takes now-a-days over here ??? I'd be willing to bet Charlie's question was not meant to "keep things stirred up". But a honest question , only looking for an honest answer.. Maybe he was trying to recruit a sponsor for the tech Seminar or maybe even the Bash ??
Then, someone posts a thread on it being locked, AND that one gets locked..That was the point of my thread..

Mike Stevens
Member of "The Band of Brothers"
2011 American Swingarm, 615" A Head
Engine built by Oakley MotorSports...
1.008,4.55 @ 153.06
Eliminator Products dealer
Thanks "Geez." RIP
QtrWarrior is offline  
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 01:31 PM
Administrator
 
Cale Aronson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chillicothe, MO
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by ky mustang View Post
sir thats my freedom of speech. My grandfather manned a machine gun in JAPAN FOR 4 YEARS TO PROVIDE THE FREEDOM WE ENJOY. I deserve to be able to use my freedom to display my location that in your opinion is not constructive to this site. I am sorry you do not like my location
Then I admire and highly respect your grandfather, but as most people of that era would say... "It's not what you say, it is what you do that determines the kind of man you are"

You are most certainly right about your freedom of speech, however the choices in which you choose to voice those feelings are always going to be of your own intentions. I have the right to say anything, but I must be willing to accept the consiquences of the words I say and the actions I perform, even those of my fingers typing on keys.

Cale Aronson - Administrator
Black Magic Clutchs - Aronson Motorsports
Shelby Performance Mountain Motor Pro Stock Mustang
Shop - 660-646-4553 - Cell - 816-390-0852 - Email - [email protected]
WWW.BLACKMAGICCLUTCHES.COM - WWW.GOFASTQUICK.COM

Jon Kaase Racing Engines - Ford Racing Parts - RAM Clutches - Browell - Trick Titanium - Bohr Racing - PEM Gears - Orme Brothers - Penske Racing Shocks - Innovators West - DJ Safety
Cale Aronson is offline  
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Administrator
 
Cale Aronson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chillicothe, MO
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by QtrWarrior View Post
Cale,
I said nothing about going to another place or said you're doing anything wrong. For the record , I am a Mod on "another" Ford website ( HC50), and know what a thankless job it is.. Walking a tightrope isn't any fun..
What I WAS pointing out is... that Charlie asked a question and all he asked for is an answer. People respond to his question and lo and behold, the thread gets locked before Charlie can respond.. Is that all it takes now-a-days over here ??? I'd be willing to bet Charlie's question was not meant to "keep things stirred up". But a honest question , only looking for an honest answer.. Maybe he was trying to recruit a sponsor for the tech Seminar or maybe even the Bash ??
Then, someone posts a thread on it being locked, AND that one gets locked..That was the point of my thread..
I understand, just trying to make a point. The thread is unlocked, and everything is fine. I am trying to draw this show to an end, and hopefully everyone will back off and enjoy themselves like they used to. I believe this site is fundementally the same, and there should be little to no reason to worry.

Cale Aronson - Administrator
Black Magic Clutchs - Aronson Motorsports
Shelby Performance Mountain Motor Pro Stock Mustang
Shop - 660-646-4553 - Cell - 816-390-0852 - Email - [email protected]
WWW.BLACKMAGICCLUTCHES.COM - WWW.GOFASTQUICK.COM

Jon Kaase Racing Engines - Ford Racing Parts - RAM Clutches - Browell - Trick Titanium - Bohr Racing - PEM Gears - Orme Brothers - Penske Racing Shocks - Innovators West - DJ Safety
Cale Aronson is offline  
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 02:09 PM
Senior Member
 
ky mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Benton Ky
Posts: 1,161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cale Aronson View Post
Then I admire and highly respect your grandfather, but as most people of that era would say... "It's not what you say, it is what you do that determines the kind of man you are"

You are most certainly right about your freedom of speech, however the choices in which you choose to voice those feelings are always going to be of your own intentions. I have the right to say anything, but I must be willing to accept the consiquences of the words I say and the actions I perform, even those of my fingers typing on keys.
Well the reason I don't like corporate takeovers such as what happened here is because the ceo actually cares nothing of the little guys except for the $$ he makes off them.

This buyout is a very good example of corporate greed killing America as my grandfather once knew it and fought to keep it free.

We have a foreign company making money off middle class American's. I am sure there is a taxable reason and an exchange rate reason the corporate office is foreign.

I try my best to do my business with American companies because I firmly believe every $ exported has a negative effect on the American worker.

If something does not change and it may be to late ,there will be no Americans with money/jobs to buy anything.


That is the reason for my opinions and honest felt comments on the new ownership of this forum with the fact they have changed a site that was simple and working well . Do you think they care about us little guys honestly. THEY HAVE YOU WORKING FOR THEM FOR FREE.

Its sad when even our websites we communicate on are not american owned.

With all that said I have no personal squabbles with you at all Cale. I congratulate you on all your racing accomplishments and I am sure you are a very stand up guy.
ky mustang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome