Oil presure ??? + twilight zome happening - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oil presure ??? + twilight zome happening

Got a question for you guys. This may look like a tech thing but read on & it changes.

What would cause a 460 to loose oil presure after hitting a ruff bump in the highway.
This past Friday night was on the way to a race, everything going fine, hit that bump & soon as everything setted out the engine had a popping noise like an intake valve or two had stuck open. Once that noise came, I backed off the gas & then it sounded like the pistons were rattling. Was a throttle point where it made no noise at all, but then I looked my gauges over & seen it had no oil presure, so I pulled over.
Anyways, called the tow company to pull us in & we werent to far from the track & they were going to pull us on to the track where we could work on it. Well the wrecker lost the motorhome in a curve, it flipped over & ol guard rail chewed it up. Trailer stayed up on its wheels, but everything inside was crammed together balled up at the front door & the side wall busted out. So, now both are totaled sitting at the wrecker yard.
Was like one on those twilight zone movies when it was all happening, M/H turned over, sparks, glass & dust flying & looked like the M/H was going to run over the wrecker with us in it.
Man! & we almost rode in the motorhome instead of riding in the wrecker truck, boy the good lord sure looks after people aint thinking to clearly.
Neil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 10:15 AM

Man that sucks.Is the wrecker service insurance going to cover all your property?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 03:37 PM

Dam Neil, did James Dean ever own that M/H???

That thing has been a real pain in the but for you, maybe the total is a good thing??? I hope you don't get screwed around by the insurance companies.

Bill

I salute our troops. Thanks for your service.

"The Key Board Warriors"

1983 Thunderbird
Big Block Power
466 Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, cam, intake

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyj202b View Post
Man that sucks.Is the wrecker service insurance going to cover all your property?
The guy that owns the towing company, his son races with us & they are all close friends.
Hes all beside & down on himself because of it all. Looks like his insurance will do what they will do I'm sure, hope its not screw us in the end though.
I hate it myself because his insurance has to take over, but he said thats how it should be because they were responceable.

Suppose to find out something today or tommorrow from them, but who knows what.
Even though it was an 88 model M/H & 93 trailer, looking close to 45.000 sitting there trashed up, not including our personal stuff lost. Daughter lost one of her wedding rings in the deal, so thats gone forever.
We had spent around 8.000 in repairs to it & about 90% of that was on the engine. Just had it where it was realy running good except for the skip at idle.
First problem we had, I sould have pulled the engine right then a completely rebuilt it like it need to be to do the job.
I dont know where it will be going to, salvage yard, but its got a nice set of D3 ported heads on it, STD size valves though.
Neil
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Forum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Leigh Racing View Post
The guy that owns the towing company, his son races with us & they are all close friends.
Hes all beside & down on himself because of it all. Looks like his insurance will do what they will do I'm sure, hope its not screw us in the end though.
I hate it myself because his insurance has to take over, but he said thats how it should be because they were responceable.

Suppose to find out something today or tommorrow from them, but who knows what.
Even though it was an 88 model M/H & 93 trailer, looking close to 45.000 sitting there trashed up, not including our personal stuff lost. Daughter lost one of her wedding rings in the deal, so thats gone forever.
We had spent around 8.000 in repairs to it & about 90% of that was on the engine. Just had it where it was realy running good except for the skip at idle.
First problem we had, I sould have pulled the engine right then a completely rebuilt it like it need to be to do the job.
I dont know where it will be going to, salvage yard, but its got a nice set of D3 ported heads on it, STD size valves though.
Neil

If you have your receipts for everything you have repaired on it for the last 6 months, (possibly a year) get them together and AFTER they agree on a price, then pull out your receipts and ask for reimbursement for them.

This might be a state to state thing, but it worked for me several years ago.
Good Luck

David,

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

1977 F-150 4X4 SWB
Mud/Dirt drags.
460 + ?
4.5 Bore X ?

and who cares,
if your winning your cheating, just ask the
bowtie guys
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 06:35 PM

I hope everything works out for you.It is especially tough because you are dealing with friends and don't want any hard feelings at the end.Maybe it will all work out for the both of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in