Funniest thing a customer has said to you - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Funniest thing a customer has said to you

I dunno why I just thought of this probably because I was in the mood for a good laugh. What are some funny things that customers have said to you.
I work/manage a farm tire sales and repair shop in Kansas. I run the service truck also and usually when I go out you wont get away with less than a $200 bill. One day a guy from Oklahoma called me and wanted me to come out and put a new tractor tire on one of his rear duals I told him that it would be no problem while I was looking up his past history. He was a very slow payer so in a case like that I have the farmer meet me at the tractor to give me money before I do the work (have done late night repos for bounced checks). When I told the guy the general price of the job and that I needed him to meet me there with some money he says "YOU WANT ME TO WHAT? I CANT PAY FOR THAT!!" I told him well I'm not a bank and I cant finance you to farm. He then told me well gosh I hate to call (insert tire shop name) they are always more expensive. I told him well I wont be out there untill you can pay me. Havent heard from him since.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 10:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Customer was getting tires installed and said "Can you please install the valves at the top of the wheel so I dont have to bend down so far to check them"...........long silence...... trying to explain that the wheels/tires rolled made no difference.
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 10:58 PM

(i'm an electrician) I was at a farm yard and the Lady of the house had an aluminum pipe she was carrying it around for whatever reason. she leans it agains the fence (electric) somehow avoids getting bit. so i say "you probably shouldnt lean that there, now your grounding out your fence". "Its ok its aluminum" she replies.. I stand there with a confused look on my face, she says with a sarcastic tone "aluminum doesnt conduct electricity" I laugh, "It sure does, all the wires running along these poles feeding your house are aluminum" Shes stands there with a stupid look on her face ..." thats impossible, its not magnetic" "Copper isnt magnetic either" i say, she thinks about it for a bit. "nope, aluminum doesnt conduct" she concludes. Argument over i just figured and moved on. I tried to help..... thats what i get.

Despite what you've heard, opportunity does not knock

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 11:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to OldRedFord

Just think about it for a moment.

2002 Ford Ranger 4x4
1972 Ford F100 Sport Custom
460, C6, 9" rear, lwb
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 11:19 PM

all i know is you is you fixed my blinkers and now the motor is knocking wasnt doin it before i brung it in here *&^%$^#^^(^%

EATIN dodges n SH_TIN chevy`s
1963 fairlane 511 bbf in progress
1969 mustang coupe 347 stroker coming soon
1963 stepside F100 429 c6
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 11:36 PM

Send a message via MSN to powerstrokeace
Had a lady bring in her car and said she noticed a rattling sound. Well we noticed first that there was no oil showing on the dip stick, second that the rattle was the bottom end giving way. We asked her about her maintenance records as to when she changed her oil. She looked straight at me and said DIDN'T IT COME WITH OIL WHEN I BOUGHT THE CAR !

42k and no oil. True story

Ace
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstrokeace View Post
Had a lady bring in her car and said she noticed a rattling sound. Well we noticed first that there was no oil showing on the dip stick, second that the rattle was the bottom end giving way. We asked her about her maintenance records as to when she changed her oil. She looked straight at me and said DIDN'T IT COME WITH OIL WHEN I BOUGHT THE CAR !

42k and no oil. True story

Ace
Only if it was electric. and when you buy a new car w/combustable engine ,they do have oil. True Story

Rick Brown
(LIL TWEETY) BBF 62 Falcon Tube Chassis
Member of a BAND OF BROTHERS

Pro Motion Machining
Perfect Reflections Photography
Bronx Corner Automotive
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 08:09 AM

I use to own a tire and auto repair shop among other things.One day a lady pulled up and asked one of my tech's to air up her tire.The tech aired the tire up and asked the lady if she would like to get it fixed.She replied (It does that every so often it only needs air) my tech then told her (lady it has a leak somewhere it's not evaporating.)She drove off. I had another guy call me one time and ask which diesel fuel he should run in his small tractor.He told me that he had been buying fuel from the pump (green) and that his friends had told him that he shouldn't be running that and that he should be running the red fuel because it had additives.All this was before the low sulfur stuff. I told him that the special additives was only dye.
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 03:05 PM

when i had my shop i heard 1000 times, it wasn't like that when i dropped it off

my grand pa had a shop for30 + years , he did a motor for a mustang one time, about a week later the kid came back with a broke rod, g-pa says have you been racing this car, the kid says o no, not me it broke just cruise down the road, g-pa says well then whats that dial in number doing on your window, when the kid first got to the shop his window was down, my dad had went to lunch and was coming back when it started to rain, so being nice he rolled the kids window up..lol and he got caught
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggindeeper View Post
(i'm an electrician) I was at a farm yard and the Lady of the house had an aluminum pipe she was carrying it around for whatever reason. she leans it agains the fence (electric) somehow avoids getting bit. so i say "you probably shouldnt lean that there, now your grounding out your fence". "Its ok its aluminum" she replies.. I stand there with a confused look on my face, she says with a sarcastic tone "aluminum doesnt conduct electricity" I laugh, "It sure does, all the wires running along these poles feeding your house are aluminum" Shes stands there with a stupid look on her face ..." thats impossible, its not magnetic" "Copper isnt magnetic either" i say, she thinks about it for a bit. "nope, aluminum doesnt conduct" she concludes. Argument over i just figured and moved on. I tried to help..... thats what i get.
I'm an electrician too. In 15 yrs I never convinced my wife that the kitchen counter appliances did not draw current when there plugged in and only when they are turned on.

She insted that if they were plugged in they were using electricity, she never grasped thethe light switch theroy. Maybe her next husband will be able to explain it to her.

" A - Head Groupie"
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 09:33 PM

Send a message via MSN to Larry_Williams
Quote:
Does she vote too? somebody had to vote for him.
post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry_Williams View Post
Does she vote too? somebody had to vote for him.
Now thats funny Larry!! That explains alot

Bill

I salute our troops. Thanks for your service.

"The Key Board Warriors"

1983 Thunderbird
Big Block Power
466 Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, cam, intake
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 10:07 PM

this was back in the chretian days. so it does explain a lot

Despite what you've heard, opportunity does not knock
post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 10:35 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to moparman
At the machine shop I work at a customer brought in some hubs and new drums for an old ford pickup. He wanted new studs installed and the drums installed. Well the new studs had a tall shoulder on them and when the foreman tried to put them on they wouldn't go so he drilled out the holes and since the drum centers on the hub itself, thought all was good and job done. Customer comes in and picks up his parts, gets all bent and says it's just not satisfactory. According to him the drum will rotate back and forth if it doesn't fit the wheel studs tight and eventually shear off the wheel studs causing the wheel and tire to come off and put you in a ditch (I'm adding the ditch part). I tried explaining that if you go out to my little pickup and remove a tire, the rotor will flop around and the only thing that holds it on (besides the caliper) is the wheel and five little nuts. He tells me, as if explaining to some stupid kid, that's different. Those are discs and these are drums... I have no problem replacing parts if we screwed them up, but replacing brand new drums that would have worked just fine because the customer is a freaking moron was about all I could handle. I walked away and let the boss handle it later. My tongue still has teeth marks in it.
Then there was this mustang shop in Austin, TX that insisted we messed up a cylinder head and it leaked water filling the cylinder, causing it to "hydraulic a valve" and that's why the valve got bent. Nevermind the mark on the wrong side of the piston where they had it installed wrong. Installed pistons on the rods with a ford valve arrangement on a small block chrysler... Needless to say, that guy went out of business...

Bumblebee tuna...
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 10:37 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to moparman
Quote:
this was back in the chretian days. so it does explain a lot
I did a search on chretian (not being canadian) and now I understand what you're saying... Found this:

"Jean Chretian
Canadian Prime Minister
"I don't see why people buy assault weapons and nuclear arms for fun, a family could have a domestic incident that could get out of hand and they may use those weapons."

-Jean Chretian, Prime Minister of Canada "

WOW!

Bumblebee tuna...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in