buyer or seller beware of "HardOnRacing" - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Jon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

buyer or seller beware of "HardOnRacing"

I have never posted anything bad about anybody before but this time I feel it is needed.
This is a long story and I hope I dont forget anything but here it goes.... His name is Josh Honea

I had some parts for sale in the auction block couple of months ago. He was interested in a MSD dizzy, MSD crank trigger kit, CSI starter, JW bellhousing, JW Wheel flexplate and a set of header flanges that I make, asking for package pricing so I shot him a price. He then want to know how much for everything minus the flexplate and starter, So I shot him another price. All this happens thru email and phone calls over a couple of days. So he says he will buy the MSD stuff, Bell housing and a set of flanges. He sends me a postal money order just like I asked. I send everything off to his house address UPS except the flanges because he does not know how big of hole he wants in them yet so I hold off on them.

This is the part where I messed up. I accidently packaged the flywheel up with the bell housing and shipped it to him with out him paying. It was completly my fault for doing this.
After I realized what I did, I called him and offered it to him at a lower price so I would not have to pay shipping back. He said he did not want it because it was to rough of shape. So I asked him to mail it back to me and tell me how much the shipping was so I can mail him a money order back with the flanges I still owe him.

This is where it all goes SOUTH fast. He jumps in my *** saying that I dont trust him to mail it back after he gets his flanges. He wants me to mail the flanges and money to him and then he will mail the flywheel back to me. I told him I was trying to be fair and did not want him to pay for any shipping cost due to my mistake. He then told me that he trusted me with money first before I mailed him his parts and I should mail him money first to get my part back. I reluctenly agreed and mailed his flanges and a money order for shipping to the same address I mailed the other stuff to.

Two weeks go by and he still has not recieved the flanges or money order. So I call him to talk and then he tells me that I should have sent it to his PO box because he does not have a mailbox for the post office to deliever to.

So I make another set of custom flanges, Included another money order and mail it to him again with a tracking # to his PO box. Now this was back in MAY and I still have not received my flywheel, he will not return my calls or emails and I have written my flywheel off so this is the only reason I am saying something now. I have given him every chance to mail this back to me and he has not done it or my guess is not going to do it ever so I want to warn everyone that he is not a stand up guy or a man of his word. His name is Josh Honnea.

I screwed up no question but he took advantage of me being the nice guy and trusting him after he called me out saying I was going to rip him off.

Many of you know me and have seen my add for the header flanges I make and sell and I have never had one bad response on my buisness ethics or products so I think my reputation speaks for it self some what I hope.

https://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97074

lets see if Josh Honea responds to this.
Anybody in South Carolina??

Last edited by Jon; 11-15-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 09:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just because you messed up and sent an unpaid item doesnt mean he needs to keep it free of charge. Did you send a Postal money order ? Has he cashed it? If he has thats proof he recieved the flanges as well. Any fraud thru the mail is a federal crime. See about getting the post office involved, and call his local police as well.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblocknotch View Post
Just because you messed up and sent an unpaid item doesnt mean he needs to keep it free of charge. Did you send a Postal money order ? Has he cashed it? If he has thats proof he recieved the flanges as well. Any fraud thru the mail is a federal crime. See about getting the post office involved, and call his local police as well.
yes I did send a postal money order both times. I put a trace on the first money order and I just got a check from the post office today refunding it to me. So he possibly got me for 2 sets of flanges and the second money order. Forsure....

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 02:37 PM

Jon,
Thanks for giving us the Headsup on this guy, and sorry you got took

Rick Brown
(LIL TWEETY) BBF 62 Falcon Tube Chassis
Member of a BAND OF BROTHERS

Pro Motion Machining
Perfect Reflections Photography
Bronx Corner Automotive
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBFmavrick View Post
Jon,
Thanks for giving us the Headsup on this guy, and sorry you got took
x2

'he never hit the brakes and he was shifting gears'

Larry (SLIM)

77 F-150 BB on 38.5's
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 05:34 PM

Yeah that sucks man, I've dealt with Jon myself on a couple of occasions and had excellent service both times.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
Jon

his Name is Josh Honea.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)

I have found over the years that whoever cries the loudest about being screwed, has it on his mind to screw the person with whom he is talking.

If what you say is correct, he cried first and loudest about this so, this is another example about this scenario being true.

SORRY you had any deal with him at all...!

www.rmcompetition.com

R.M. Competition - The finest Custom Engine Building for any venue ... !
Selling Parts and Supplies from companies I use ... 1(586)909-1591

CUSTOM ground camshafts
Carburetor modifications for specific applications
CNC porting
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Jon

thats an interesting theory and I belive in it also.
lesson learned on my part.
just want to warn other honest people.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 08:05 PM
WJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcomprandy View Post
I have found over the years that whoever cries the loudest about being screwed, has it on his mind to screw the person with whom he is talking.

If what you say is correct, he cried first and loudest about this so, this is another example about this scenario being true.

SORRY you had any deal with him at all...!
This is absolutely true!

In my 15+ years of retail business when someone starts telling me of people always screwing him, I start making sure my back side is covered.
WJS
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 08:48 PM

that's why I will only ship to a address not a PO box kind of tuff to tace down..

this sucks

Dan
1993 Mustang 514 all motor
1990 Mustang notch 460
1969 Mustang Mach1 351W
fast-machines.com
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblockdan View Post
that's why I will only ship to a address not a PO box kind of tuff to tace down..

this sucks
Its odd, up here in the great white north they've changed the way our mailing system works. It used to be that some had P.O's, some had civic addy's, and a few general delivery and such, but they've changed it. NOW I for instance still have a box number, but i CAN NOT list that as my mailing addy. It HAS to go by our civic addy. I guess that is an attempt to cut down on PO fraud and such.. I like that they're trying. Only thing i dont like is my box number went from an easy to remember 3 digit (351) to now all of the numbers are at least 4 digit and in a different spot in the PO. Thats really a small price to pay.

Despite what you've heard, opportunity does not knock
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 06:37 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Send a message via AIM to crittersf1 Send a message via MSN to crittersf1 Send a message via Yahoo to crittersf1
Well, doesn't look like HE's gonna respond to this either. What goes around, comes around!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in