engine masters 2010 - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

engine masters 2010

I was just reading the engine masters results (they confuse the fark outta me with their sponsored by so an so an so an so) Trying to find out how regular poster an good guy rmcomprandy went.Its disappointing to see that they haven't gone trough the whole field this year with their builds. Any whooooo after reading Kasse s result I wondering what it would take to get Paul Kane to do a engine masters engine next year? He knows his stuff an could probly do it with oem parts.
Pull # 1 2 3 Avg
Torque 673 669 666 669.3
Horsepower 649 646 644 646.3
Final Score - 2,574.7 @ 511 CI
I know he built a better engine then that on here some where i just cant find it atm in engine tech
So come on guys lets see if we can get him to do it maybe the new owners will sponsor a 460.com entry

these set backs keep popping up I going to crush this an buy a Toyota
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)

Like a LOT of people, I think you are totally misinformed about what it takes to be competitive in this contest with its required 4,000 super-wide RPM band.

My best score during the tune-up period was in the mid 2,400's and wasn't near good enough so, I made a bunch of changes to "go for it" and lost about 80 points. That's how important just "tuning" the combination you have, can be.
100 points is only about 25 horsepower average.
That 2,574 number was for the SIXTH place engine.

EDIT: The winning entry was Kasse's 400 Modified "Cleveland style" engine.

www.rmcompetition.com

R.M. Competition - The finest Custom Engine Building for any venue ... !
Selling Parts and Supplies from companies I use ... 1(586)909-1591

CUSTOM ground camshafts
Carburetor modifications for specific applications
CNC porting

Last edited by rmcomprandy; 10-14-2009 at 10:30 AM.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 186 Post(s)

Garage
FYI: The power numbers recorded in the competition are average not peak.

Fastest street legal BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest AFR headed BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest street legal 2nd gen Montego GT on EARTH!

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Easy Tigers I wasn't being a smart ****. With reading trough the 2009 Entrance Papers Found the entrance requirements and fee s.Trying find them online to quote from them too
As for volunteering Paul for it When I read these forums I notice he along with rmcomprandy usually offer the soundest advise and experience in regards to the 385 engine (FYI:The power numbers recorded in the competition are average not peak. ) NO **** SHERLOCK BLIND FREDDIE COULD SEE THAT
my apology rmcomprandy I did get his 2 engines confused
I did think it was the 512 that won it
I
Still I d love to see Paul have ago at the competition. Now if I $100000 US at the moment **** yeah I d get on the plane fly to him an say here's some cash would ya have ago at this competition. But no offense I don't think he s that kind of guy he d do it cause he wanted to do it an I am pretty sure there would be a **** load of people here who d like to see it and would no doubt contribute

Last edited by itsposs; 10-14-2009 at 01:15 PM. Reason: trying to learn that art of diplomacy
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

(EDIT: The winning entry was Kasse's 400 Modified "Cleveland style" engine.) Had it worn the cam lobes down like last year when they did the tear down

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 186 Post(s)

Garage
wow.

If there's a way to place a person on an ignore list, I think I've found my first addition.

(edit) Found the ignore list. No more of this guy's foul mouth for me.

Fastest street legal BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest AFR headed BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest street legal 2nd gen Montego GT on EARTH!

Last edited by CarsByCarl; 10-14-2009 at 02:17 PM.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 02:31 PM

Last year that 400 Modified had a "Flat Tappet Cam" and "one 4 barrel" carb. This year a "Roller Cam" with a "tunnel Ram and two Dominators".

I guess some people just talk that way naturally; I suppose they must think everybody does

www.rmcompetition.com

CUSTOM ground camshafts
CNC porting
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Premium Member

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsposs View Post
...wondering what it would take to get Paul Kane to do a engine masters engine next year?
  1. I am an iron-head fanatic and given the field of 30+ aluminum-headed entries, an iron-headed build would not stand a chance of winning (or even come close to placing in the top 6 money earning finishers) in an engine "masters" contest.
  2. I have contacted the EMC officials and suggested an OEM factory iron contest and it was dismissed since the contest is "sponsored by aftermarket parts manufacturers and intended to publicize those parts."
  3. I do not care to spend 6 months of my life and, as measured in dollars, perhaps $20,000+ in cash, blood, sweat, and tears, when I don't believe an iron-headed build would come close to placing in a position where our efforts could be rewarded and finances recouped.
  4. If I were to more seriously consider entering, it would only make sense to enter under High Flow Dynamics with our proprietary hemi head, which would be in line with the contest's unofficial advertising intentions and our own HFD marketing campaign. But such an approach is still not an appropriate engine program because our head is billet and our casting pattern is not yet water jacketed and therefore would not be a viable option on any of the contest guidelines yet used. Further, a water jacketed version of a Top Fuel style cylinder head would not be fiercely competitive in any of the engine combinations that have yet been allowed by the rules of any given year that the contest has been held.
  5. Given some of the circumstances under which some of the participants in this year's contest were allowed to compete versus the circumstances under which some past participants were disqualified, at this time I currently have zero interest in entering the "Engine Ringers Contest."
Paul

We're On The Web; Click Below:
High Flow Dynamics
Performance Components for the 429/460 Engine Family

Last edited by Paul Kane; 10-14-2009 at 02:40 PM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

EMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Kane View Post
  1. Given some of the circumstances under which some of the participants in this year's contest were allowed to compete versus the circumstances under which some past participants were disqualified, at this time I currently have zero interest in entering the "Engine Ringers Contest."
Paul
Anyone care to elaborate on this as I am out of the loop and haven't heard/don't know ???

Thanks Mark
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 08:37 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Kane View Post
If I were to more seriously consider entering, it would only make sense to enter under High Flow Dynamics with our proprietary hemi head, which would be in line with the contest's unofficial advertising intentions and our own HFD marketing campaign. But such an approach is still not an appropriate engine program because our head is billet and our casting pattern is not yet water jacketed and therefore would not be a viable option on any of the contest guidelines yet used. Further, a water jacketed version of a Top Fuel style cylinder head would not be fiercely competitive in any of the engine combinations that have yet been allowed by the rules of any given year that the contest has been held.
Didn't you read the rules for 2011, Paul? They're allowing blown nitro/alky street engines with Top Fuel heads.

Further you can add gas/nitrous to that for even more power, and a turbo too. You'll probably have to be making 9,000 hp to be competitive, though.

Dave
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 01:24 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)

originally posted by itsposs
(FYI:The power numbers recorded in the competition are average not peak. ) NO **** SHERLOCK BLIND FREDDIE COULD SEE THAT

This is a family oriented forum, or most of us would at least like to think it is. For that matter, Carl is a super knowledgeable asset to the members of this forum, and you should not be speaking to him in this manner, or anybody else here for that matter. If you wanna insult people like that, don't expect help from anyone here.

-Dave

1983 F-250 4x4- 472, NP435, NP205, D60/10.25", 37" bead locks
1983 Mercury Capri- 466, C6, questionably street legal
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 02:58 AM Thread Starter

Jezz Carl I think you just mistook me for some one who cared.
"If there's a way to place a person on an ignore list, I think I've found my first addition.

(edit) Found the ignore list. No more of this guy's foul mouth for me." If thats as foul mouthed as you ve heard you must be one very sheltred indervidual.
"This is a family oriented forum, or most of us would at least like to think it is." sure it is my wife an daugther were on here 10 mins ago looking for apple an pumkin pie recipes
'you should not be speaking to him in this manner' How about a glass of concrete an harden up princess.Not every body on gods great earth is ment to just get along.

" 1. Given some of the circumstances under which some of the participants in this year's contest were allowed to compete versus the circumstances under which some past participants were disqualified, at this time I currently have zero interest in entering the "Engine Ringers Contest."

Paul"
yes I saw all the amended artical rules I thought it was pretty bad timing and has proberbly ruined any of the credability the compertion did have.It would be a real pity
to see the top 5 placings coming down to rule amendments

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 10:50 AM

The rules DO change from year to year and then some are added or the "wording" is ammended for clarification.

The top six engines were pretty much basic stuff and didn't really challenge any rules as written; some others did though.

www.rmcompetition.com

CUSTOM ground camshafts
CNC porting
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcomprandy View Post
The rules DO change from year to year and then some are added or the "wording" is ammended for clarification.

The top six engines were pretty much basic stuff and didn't really challenge any rules as written; some others did though.
I think Paul was referring to the BES engine that was "loaned" to Crankshaft specialties after their engine died on their dyno the Thursday before the competition. Or so it was reported. You are to build your own engine they were loaned an engine from BES that had been in the competition before ..... changed cams and put a TR on it, I think that's what Paul was talking about ?

I haven't checked here in a week or so or the Engine Master's site what were some peak power numbers on the Boss Engine ? and the winning 400?

G-Code

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...elake3-1-1.jpg
Going fast is only half the fun....what you make go fast is the other.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 06:54 PM

I pulled this from yellowbullet a bit ago, I don't know where Kaase said this:

This is what Jon Kasse said about his 2 entries - the 403 made 735 hp, 635 ft/lbs at our shop. There it made 595 ft/lbs and 695? hp. Last year the same engine made 620 ft/lbs and 655 hp at both places.
The 511 hemi made 859 hp & 750 ft lbs at the EMC, and at our place it was 960hp, and 830 ft lbs. The big engine was off way more than the 403. May have been the exhaust. Would have liked to drop the tail pipes off the mufflers. opened the doors and let it eat one time just to see! ... Jon

G-Code

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...elake3-1-1.jpg
Going fast is only half the fun....what you make go fast is the other.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in