Stolen Tools - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Stolen Tools

Well it was sweet, i came home from work on friday, i was starting to not feel very well. I usually go out and grab a coffee in the evening so lots of times i dont lock my truck when i get home from work. Well this bit me in the ***, i felt like crap and fell asleep right away and slept all night. So there my truck sat with the doors unlocked, which i have done before, not too often but its happened before without incident until now. My electrical pouch, and a cordless drill, and cordless impact were sitting on the passenger seat. All gone now. I thought it sucked sucked, i called the police and made a report but still have to stop by there with a list and prices of each item. I made the list tonight, still have yet to get prices on a LOT of the items and i'm WELL over 2 grand worth of stuff just in that little pouch. I do have a second set of my basics, pliers and screw drivers and such, but its the specialty items i'm now missing. I know my fault for leaving the doors unlocked, but still. I know i'll never find them again, even though most every tool was etched with my name in them.... It sucks that i'll have to go through insurance, hopefully i can replace my stuff, as i just cant afford to replace that stuff out of pocket right now, and i really need
most of it.
Not much i can do, but vent.

Despite what you've heard, opportunity does not knock

Last edited by Diggindeeper; 10-18-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 08:50 PM

Sometimes homeowners insurance will take care of things like that.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 09:25 PM

well if there just wasnt assholes everywhere in this world they would have been still sittin there in the morning! sorta like i came out of the bowling allley last night and my driver side beer was shattered on my 99' superduty. but i have a good idea who did it so, in my case we'll see who gets the last laugh

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 11:37 PM

Damn that sucks. I hate when some POS thinks he should be able just help himself to YOUR stuff. Hope the insurance comes across for you, well as long as your deductable isn't too high!!

Good luck

Bill

I salute our troops. Thanks for your service.

"The Key Board Warriors"

1983 Thunderbird
Big Block Power
466 Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, cam, intake
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 12:31 AM

Sad to say sorry to hear I had my riggers belt ratchet prodgys scaff keys and associated tools with it stolen out out of the bauck of my ute (truck) while waiting at lights during peak hour.

these set backs keep popping up I going to crush this an buy a Toyota
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerad188 View Post
well if there just wasnt assholes everywhere in this world they would have been still sittin there in the morning! sorta like i came out of the bowling allley last night and my driver side beer was shattered on my 99' superduty. but i have a good idea who did it so, in my case we'll see who gets the last laugh
I hate it when my BEER gets shattered

Rick Brown
(LIL TWEETY) BBF 62 Falcon Tube Chassis
Member of a BAND OF BROTHERS

Pro Motion Machining
Perfect Reflections Photography
Bronx Corner Automotive
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to 70bbftorino
especially your drivers beer........i mean how you gonna drive without it? haha

sorry diggin.......people suck.

we have people de-copper new houses sometimes when we did the plumbing........they probably cash it in for $200-300 dollars.......then we have to go fix it for an entire day with about $2000 in in copper, and my time again. a shame some lazy peice of **** finds it easier to ruin someone elses work (or steal thier stuff they use to work and make a living).......insteada working. i'd have paid him that $200 to carry all the stuff in the house and wash the trucks, rather than ruin my work-

Getting back on the streets real soon

http://s935.photobucket.com/albums/ad191/70bbftorino/
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Why is it your fault for not locking your door?

It's the fault of some slimy looter that doesn't deserve the air he's breathing.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hey Diggindeeper.

You need a reputation for being crazy! Seems as though some people around here think I am crazy! Kinda keeps my stuff safe from the thieves. They know they will be at least shot at if I miss! I hate this kind of stuff! Damn thieves will never even get a good price for the stuff they take. I feel for ya, bud.

1972 torino 460 c-6
1988 turbo coupe, 1978 f150 460/c6
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70bbftorino View Post
especially your drivers beer........i mean how you gonna drive without it? haha

sorry diggin.......people suck.

we have people de-copper new houses sometimes when we did the plumbing........they probably cash it in for $200-300 dollars.......then we have to go fix it for an entire day with about $2000 in in copper, and my time again. a shame some lazy peice of **** finds it easier to ruin someone elses work (or steal thier stuff they use to work and make a living).......insteada working. i'd have paid him that $200 to carry all the stuff in the house and wash the trucks, rather than ruin my work-

We have had brand new VAV boxes stolen and found with the coils ripped out. Also caught hospital security guards at night stealing copper off our job sites.

93 528cu Lightning
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones View Post
Also caught hospital security guards at night stealing copper off our job sites.
That's just pathetic.

Hey diggin, your a sparkey right?? Leave some more tools in there but wire them up, sumbitch won't bother with them any more!! TSC or farm supply place has some wicked fencing shockers. Sure to light 'em up!!

Bill

"The Key Board Warriors"

1983 Thunderbird
Big Block Power
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by billandlori View Post
That's just pathetic.

Hey diggin, your a sparkey right?? Leave some more tools in there but wire them up, sumbitch won't bother with them any more!! TSC or farm supply place has some wicked fencing shockers. Sure to light 'em up!!

Bill
I was thinking a Neon Sign Ballast. 18 000 volts.

Bill got the low down, its gonna cost me $1000. The total to replace all the tools with new will cost insurance $5000. wow. i didnt realize it'd be that much. I didnt even upgrade anything. Takes 10 years to get them all and One unlocked door to lose them. It is good i didnt leave all my stuff in there, There was lots that i still have. Some was in the back seat they didnt see....or didnt know what it was, and some was locked in my job box.

Its not just the tools in the truck, now i'm a little concerned about all the rest of my stuff in my garage that i cant really lock. (wrenches, sockets, Ford 460's, acetylene torch...etc.. the garage is pretty crappy so i think a lock would draw attention to it. I have a Job Box that i'll put all i can in and lock it. Its in the back yard so it'd be awfully hard to run away with. (have to carry it by hand to the front to load it...it'd draw attention). The rest i'll have to make room in the basement. Room is at a premium with my reno's.

Despite what you've heard, opportunity does not knock
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggindeeper View Post
I was thinking a Neon Sign Ballast. 18 000 volts.

Bill got the low down, its gonna cost me $1000. The total to replace all the tools with new will cost insurance $5000. wow. i didnt realize it'd be that much. I didnt even upgrade anything. Takes 10 years to get them all and One unlocked door to lose them. It is good i didnt leave all my stuff in there, There was lots that i still have. Some was in the back seat they didnt see....or didnt know what it was, and some was locked in my job box.

Its not just the tools in the truck, now i'm a little concerned about all the rest of my stuff in my garage that i cant really lock. (wrenches, sockets, Ford 460's, acetylene torch...etc.. the garage is pretty crappy so i think a lock would draw attention to it. I have a Job Box that i'll put all i can in and lock it. Its in the back yard so it'd be awfully hard to run away with. (have to carry it by hand to the front to load it...it'd draw attention). The rest i'll have to make room in the basement. Room is at a premium with my reno's.

Yeah the ballast sounds like a great idea!!

The deductable is a b*tch! It really sucks that you have to go to all the trouble of moving and locking everything up.

I feel for ya. I remember growing up our house never had a lock on it, all the keys were in the tractors, trucks and cars, never had a problem. Now the folks have to lock everything up too. A bunch of farms have been bought up by big farmers and they just rent out the houses to punks.

Bill

"The Key Board Warriors"

1983 Thunderbird
Big Block Power
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 09:37 PM

damm

thats the one thing muslims have right! second time the bastard can only carry away half as much stuff.there is no third time!!!!

ffr roadster ,468, eddy heads ,tremec 5spd ,3L27 irs
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 11:12 PM

not sure why i said beer!!!! lol
i meant driver side MIRROW. sorry hahah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in