Weird Experience Today - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Weird Experience Today

I had quite the experience today. My wife's friend has a dog, and she wanted to schedule a playdate with our 2 dogs
I'm not a big fan of doggy play dates...they play fight and get all covered in dog slobber and stink. Our new dog, (2 year old Collie/Sheppard cross) we got him from the shelter about 2 months ago, is large, well tall and gangly, but he's probably the better part of 80lbs. He is VERY well mannered but he's too big and strong for some dogs and my wife, (thats why i'm not in favor of this) so i reluctantly go on this lame doggy playdate to control him. Our other dog she's a border collie cross...she's small and pretty good with any dog.
We meet her friend and her dog which turns out to be a yellow lab..fine....i thought. She's a little bigger than our female..little smaller than our male...
THey get to play fighting like dogs do...the lab doesnt seem to want to play with our female...chooses to chase around our male dog which we call the "horse." (thats not his name but he looks like one) Anyway all is well and good....he plays fine and ends up putting the lab on her back... The Wifes friend laughs and says thats good....that'll calm her down...wrong. That lab jumps up and grabbed "horse" by the neck, he quickly turns it around and has the lab by the throat...I jumped into action while the women stood there with stupid looks on their face I grabbed horse by the collar and pulled him off....The lab gets up and comes at him again, well i try to grab that dog by the collar too and keep it away but it was avoiding me and ends up biting my hand while trying to bite "horse" while i got ahold of him.
Still the women stand there like idiots with their hands on their mouths....
Then our female dog barks and growls at the Lab causing it to turn around and have a standoff between the 2 bitches, then the other bit.....ah..women finally get their **** together and grab the dogs...

The wifes friend assures me her dog has all its shots and whatnot and sincerely apologizes.... I'm not mad about it even though my hand really hurt.
Our dog just played too rough... Her dog probably isnt used to it and reacted... Dogs are Dogs.

I guess thats the end of the doggy playdates thankfully, but i would have hate to seen what would have happend if i wasnt there. Theres no way they would have been able to pull horse off of that dog.. It was also good our female did what she did.... I was having a hell of a time, and the my wife and her friend were of little help standing there coving their mouths in shock.

Good thing there were no injuries..... to the dogs..
Theres no doggy healthcare its all out of pocket

I'm beginning to think kids would be easier.

Despite what you've heard, opportunity does not knock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 01:06 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Dont count on kids being any easier. Sounds like how my 11yo son and 8yo daughter play together. At least you can send dogs back to the shelter. Hmmmm wonder if theres a shelter like that for kids. Lol

Kevin
"I'm just going to swap the motor." What the! A rotisserie?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 06:27 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Send a message via AIM to crittersf1 Send a message via MSN to crittersf1 Send a message via Yahoo to crittersf1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdute View Post
Dont count on kids being any easier. Sounds like how my 11yo son and 8yo daughter play together. At least you can send dogs back to the shelter. Hmmmm wonder if theres a shelter like that for kids. Lol
Sure is, it's called Grandma's house!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in