460 Ford Forum banner

Took my car out for a test run

606 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Greenbroncoguy 
#1 ·
this evening and for some reason it scared me. This is a low ten second car. Is it because I was on a regular asphault road and they are not as sticky as a drag strip. I made a U turn and straightened it out and hammered it and things just seem to happen REAL fast. Anybody else ever experienced this feeling. I suppose I ran it up to a 100 or so. It don't take long as I have run 108 in the 1/8th. I live out in the country and with fields just starting to grow its wide open. Mabey it was spinning a bit and I didn't realize it? I don't know, it don't scare me on the strip. Any comments guys?

#2 · (Edited)
My bike did the same thing to me the first time I snapped my wrist all the way back real fast - went through a few gears, looked down and the speedo said 186:cool: For a while there, the thought of being on top of something that can go from a dead stop to 180+ mph and back to 0 again in about a mile without burning the brakes up was a little, uh... scary. Now I hardly ever go that fast because there's not much excitment in it anymore.

On the bright side, I don't get scared anymore except when I see idiots in cars not paying attention...

:D

-Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.