Got the GT500 to the track - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Got the GT500 to the track

Since we all like Ford stuff I thought some of you guys might be interested in the progress of my "budget" '07 GT500. Budget as in the car and 80% of the mods were bought used.

I finally got my car to the track last Friday after the latest round of mods and had a good time!
The weather was cool enough for power but hot enough to keep the grip.
I have never and may never 60' that well again on the factory rubber! The crowd was very light so we got in quite a few runs and the track felt well prepped.
My best was 11.78 @ 122 with a 1.88 60'
Car setup is, 2007 GT500, JLT cold air intake, metco 2.6 upper blower pulley/tune, 3.73's/eaton, dynotech DS, EVO UCA/LCA, steeda shifter, steeda nonfanned heat exchanger, stock goodyears set at 28psi.
For a basic "stage II" car on street tires it felt pretty good!

I want to thank my good buddy Mike for dealing with all the bad luck that Friday the 13th could offer and letting me have a good night!

Sorry, no video, just the slip. (Rt lane)

This was coming directly after correcting a way lean mail order tune!!! If you are messing around with late model stuff and are getting PCM tunes off site without a wideband O2 to check them.....get the air/fuel ratio checked! My car was 13.5:1 A/F, it should have been 11.5/11.75 for a blown car! Good thing I hadn't thrashed it tooo much before checking it...
Video of the lean run.... My buddy Brad owns the dyno and about puked when he saw the A/F ratio... He never imagined it would be that lean and wasn't watching that close, otherwise he would have shut it off much earlier.

I thought it would be over 500rwhp, but using online trap speed calculators I get 588 flywheel HP. Factor in 15% driveline loss and that is right at 500 at the wheels.

Still fun no matter what!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Bad *** ride right there. Looks like you have enough mph for 10's.

Where's my beer and that half inch wrench?

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...cecar066-1.jpg
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 06:22 PM

my friend has a new 1 and it made over 800 hp to the tires and u are faster than what he ran. i think he only did a 12.20 @ over 130 mph on stock tires but he had a 2.2 60 foot

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 07:26 PM

A 500+ hp car that you can drive anywhere and get 20 mpg on the road. Now thats what i'm talkin bout.

Rick Brown
(LIL TWEETY) BBF 62 Falcon Tube Chassis
Member of a BAND OF BROTHERS

Pro Motion Machining
Perfect Reflections Photography
Bronx Corner Automotive
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys!! I've always wanted an "everything car". I want to drag race it, road race it and auto cross it. I'm not out for a class win, just go fast and better my skills.

I want to get into the 11.50's but I'll get booted from the track. I don't think I'm going to put a bar in it, so that will be the limit.

I'm only 20 miles from Watkins Glen so I also want to start hitting some track days.
I did try autocross! And I sucked.... Smooth throttle transitions....what the hell are those?!?!?
I was 6 seconds behind the fastest car, which I didn't think was too bad for my first autocross ever....

Here's a crap quality vid to check it out.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 09:58 PM

Congrats that's a very good pass on stock tires,would go easy low 11's or possibly a high 10 second pass with better tires.

Later Mark.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 08:55 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMarkV View Post
Thanks guys!! I've always wanted an "everything car". I want to drag race it, road race it and auto cross it. I'm not out for a class win, just go fast and better my skills.

I want to get into the 11.50's but I'll get booted from the track. I don't think I'm going to put a bar in it, so that will be the limit.

I'm only 20 miles from Watkins Glen so I also want to start hitting some track days.
I did try autocross! And I sucked.... Smooth throttle transitions....what the hell are those?!?!?
I was 6 seconds behind the fastest car, which I didn't think was too bad for my first autocross ever....

Here's a crap quality vid to check it out.

Dang, that looks like fun, but I think I would get lost. How do you know where to go??

Where's my beer and that half inch wrench?

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...cecar066-1.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in