We need to educate others - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

We need to educate others

I would like to say that I am a Ford Man, as were my fathers before me. What we need to do is educate the rest of the population. You too can help at home by educating others and by ignoring one small block Chevy everyday. When someone comes into your shop or other place of employment and asks something unforgivable like "say bro do you have a water pump for a 350", respond first with a look like your going to rip their head off. If that doesn’t work see how their feet like the hot tank. (Please consult local laws before applying feet to hot tank)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 10:12 PM
AKB

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My family is doing its part My daily driver is a '66 Fairlane, my mother drives an '04 Explorer, my sister drives a '00 Mustang, and my brother has an '03 Ranger. Before that my parents had a ton of different Ford vehicles, including a '69 Mustang, an '86 F250, and an '88 Country Squire station wagon. I remember after I first bought my Fairlane, a guy at work came up to me and asked why I didn't buy a Chevy. My only response before I walked away was "why the fvck would I do that?!" Damn Chevy people.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 11:57 PM

All I have is Fords, and all I'll ever own is Fords. Heck, even some of the Chevy guys I know have 'em. They know what's best for them, they just won't admit it.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

This is what I'm talking about people! Those that know the difference choose Henry!
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

So what if that person in your hypothetical asks for a set of motorcraft plug wires for his 460 to go along with the sbc water pump? See I have "a friend" that happens to run both Fords and Chevys
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 08:29 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Smile

When I hear people (assholes) say "Chevy's are better than Ford's, that's why there's more of them" - I respond by saying "the reason there's more Chevy's is because there's more horses asses than horses". That usually shut's them up!

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 09:43 AM

Would you rather eat a bigmac than a Texas Roadhouse steak just because theres more McDonalds?Tell em' to chew on that for a while!LOL
Russ
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Taxman, the correct response to that would be to sell the spark plugs $$$ and then apply the feet to the hot tank, or for a less violent approach place a 460 water pump in the 350 box (Auto Zone does things like this all the time and never goes out of business). When the customer comes back to complain about fitment tell them "look inside the box my son,for it holds the answers to life".

(I really need to quit messing with this guy, his name is Taxman after all)
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 09:23 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

That's some good stuff GAL...I'll be sure to warn my friend.

And don't let the username fool you. I'm one of the good guys. May you never need someone like me.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 12:55 AM

True ford man all the way my dad and i own or have owned every thing form a model t truck to our newest which is an 89 f250 4x4 we have on our property right now over 25 diffrent ford trucks and cars mostly 72 and older. I am currently building a 460 for my 83 f250 4x4.

Ford all the way no chevy's allowed on my property.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 02:17 PM

Was talking to an acuaintence (note I didn't say friend) He asked what I was working on I told him a 66 Fairlane. He asked me why dont you build a real car and do a Chevy? I told him I am building a real car anybody can build a Chevy! On another note I do some pit crew work on am UMP dirt track car and if you look most guys are racing Cheveys but the Marjority are pulling those cars the the track with a FORD Powerstroke truck LOL

521 Powered 66 Fairlane
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Rampage815, I would like to commission you for a black-bag-job. At this race track you work at are Chevy powered race cars. These Chevy powered race cars have oil pans equipped with drain plugs. You see, some times drain plugs come loose before a race. You see, sometimes this happens.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Send a message via Yahoo to 95lightiningguy
I really hate when someone is so stuck on chebbies makin so much power. I was helping with the clean up of a BBC block for one of the instructors at the local tech college, it was jokingly suggested that he get a 460 he got pissed and yelled the BBC would always out run the BBF. I said you just havent run against the right BBF. I mean he is the champion in his class at Prescott but you just cant sumarily dismiss the 460 that way. He started talkin about all the myths that are associated with the 460. I went to the computer room and printed the advantages of the 460 over the BBC from Paul's site and put them on his desk, dont know what happened to em but he proly threw them away. Oh and he drives every day a FORD ranger he said is one of the best vehicles he's ever owned, and his wife drives an Explorer Sporttrac. Go figure.

89 F150 351w powered
95 F150 300 I6 5 speed soon to be 460 powered lightining clone

Last edited by 95lightiningguy; 09-30-2010 at 07:24 PM.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 06:34 PM

Fords rule.

I've got my yellow '78 Fairmont, a spare '78 Fairmont, a '96 F250 CC 4X4, and a '75 Bronco. My son who still lives at home drives an '03 Ranger and my other son drives a '08 Fusion and owns an '89 Ranger and a '75 Bronco. I drove Chevys once. I'm sticking with Fords from here on out.

1978 Fairmont driver
5.0 T-56
Baer 13" brakes
4.11 31 spline 9"
602-525-4474
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I dont have a problem with Chevy's as a vehicle...its the Chevy/Redneck mentality that is a turn-off!!

As the world turns...I get more dizzy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in