Jr. vs Sr. - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thumbs up Jr. vs Sr.

I`m actually involved again in this show. But I just gotta say, Paulie does manipulate the truth. The boy just had to show up to work on time everyday just like any other worker. Its bad for moral if your in a managment position and you can`t help set the tone. All that boy had to do was "man up" and keep raking in dough. But that in itself was getting to difficult it would appear. I`m on Sr.`s side.

www.thecustommuffler.com

Live webcam, no matter how hard you try, bad things sometimes still happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Send a message via Yahoo to 95lightiningguy
Sorry but we, as in anybody not a part of the family, dont really know what actually happened. It was a shouting match like all the ones before and from what I saw Sr. went too far. Even if the boy would have shown up on time Sr. would have found something else to yell about just like he always did. Look what it did to Mikey, I'm on his side and hope he can help heal the wounds. Goooooo Mikey.

89 F150 351w powered
95 F150 300 I6 5 speed soon to be 460 powered lightining clone
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Sr is an a*****e in every sense of the word. He puts wealth and notority in front of his family. He gets pissed and leaves a member at every hard turn of his life. Three wives.... bad decisions maybe, but not being able to have a relationship with any of your kids without being involved with business is a shame.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 01:56 PM

If you are actually WATCHING the show and you are still on SR.'s side, you are nuts. The guy is a pr!ck, plain and simple. I have never seen anyone so anxious to see his son fail at life. Not only does he want him to fail, he tries to do whatever he can to make him fail.

Not going to his own sons wedding really shows what kind of "man" he really is. Not to mention all the childish games like driving by JR's shop all the time, doing that interview right in front of his shop and just constantly talking crap about JR. like he does. Seriously, launching a "doll" that they dressed up like JR at his place of business, really professional.

I am all about having a good time at work but when SR did that, it was pretty much the final nail in the coffin as far as I am concerned. JR built OCC, sure NOW he has all those other people and all the technology and everything but he wouldn't have gotten any of that without JR. The lawsuit is BS as well, OCC is worth $0? I find that hard to believe.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 07:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Sr. is nothing more than an arrogant, self important SOB. To wish failure on his son and to go out of his way to belittle him publicly is unforgivable. Come on, OCC is what it is today because of that show and without Pauly and Mikey there would have been no show. All he's doing is showing the world what an insecure, immature ***** he is.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

You`ve gotta remeber editing as well as contractual obligations. His shop is down the highway from Jr`s. The interview in front was contractual only for the show. Jr. built the shop, lol, my ***. Did he contribute with design heavily? YES! That was his job! He got paid really damn good. But he wasn`t the only designer in the shop. Sr not going to the wedding, well, we really dont know behind the scenes. Launching the Jr doll on a bike was CLASSIC! I woulda made that thing sail twice as far. What should Sr do? Give him the whole damn company? Just cause he wants him to show up on time. For years we`ve been watching him complain about this. And thats damn near the only thing he would complain about. Business is tough. Jr should have shown more respect and showed up on time.

www.thecustommuffler.com

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 07:17 PM

im with SR

im with the dad the boy did not do any work and he came to work like he was the only owner.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

A guy does that in my shop one too many times and he`s gonna find out just how good life is on the unemployment line. And my boy, if and when he starts workin` for me, I can GUARANTEE he will know the value of a single GOD damn dollar!

www.thecustommuffler.com

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 08:02 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to 70bbftorino
not to mention it is easy to go on new business ventures as junior did, when your dad started a million dollar steel business from the ground up......started doing bikes.....which led to thier chance at fame and thier show. then it makes it real easy to spin off and do your own thing at your own shop. did you see that shop, not to many people jr's age have machines and a building like that solely on thier own accomplishments. they have someone to thank for that kind of spending money. working with family is tough though, no way around that. each are right some of the time, both are stubborn all of the time.

Getting back on the streets real soon

http://s935.photobucket.com/albums/ad191/70bbftorino/
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 175 Post(s)

I think they are all idiots and I wish they would pull the plug on the show. Same goes for Ice Road Truckers and American Pickers. Those shows are ruining the Discovery Channel and the History channel. Nothing but mindless crap that you can't really learn anything from.

If you happen to like that stuff that is fine. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. But that stuff just isn't for me.

There is my 2 cents.

Send Questions To: [email protected]
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Dude, PICKERS is cool! IRT is ok, Crab show rocks.
Have you ever seen some of the cars thse cats dig up in barns half caved in. Mint condition stuff just waiting to get back on the road. I`d love to do that for a living.

www.thecustommuffler.com

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 03:31 PM

those guys make 30k per show, they dont give a crap about anything, their just trying to keep people watching PERIOD!!!

Big block ford JUNKIE,Twin 74mm turboed 501 with procrap heads, [email protected] so far!!! Lots more testing to be had!www.rodeheavershotrod.com
www.unitedgearheads.com
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 07:11 PM

Those neandrethal's are just apart of some limp wristed producer's homo erotic phantasy. imo

I do like the picker show though.

Despite what you've heard, opportunity does not knock
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Send a message via Yahoo to bigblok86ranger
I started watching the show because I like to see/learn as much about fabrication as possible but it became a soap-opera and I could give two craps about all the drama, both JR and SR are idiots. If he was working for anyone other than his father he would have been fired long before he was but SR has lost his mind also. Vinnie seems like the smartest of the group!

Eric Millard
[email protected]

528ci of N/A power

Circle R Racing Engines

Trick Chassis
Beloit,WI 53511
608-313-9197

http://www.trickchassis.com/

"LOL, WE DONT RACE DYNOS" Quoted for the truth!
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 10:29 AM

I agree. I like Vinnie the best. But I rarely watch the show anymore (ok, rarely watched it before, almost never watch it now). I was pretty excited that there'd be a U.S. version of Top Gear but it really sucks. I'll stick to the BBC version. If they could make a hot rodding show kinda like the British Top Gear, I'd really dig it. Have some good fabrication stuff with a lot of oddball projects and funny one-liners. I also agree that these soap opera, WWE style shows shouldn't be on Discovery and History channels. I majored in history and like learning about it, but those shows aren't history.

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in