A favor to ask, anyone able to help? - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Talking A favor to ask, anyone able to help?

I know it is christmas and everyone is tight on money but I have a huge favor to ask of anyone who is in a position to contribute.

I ask that anyone who is in a giving mood or contributes to charities on a regular basis take Childrens Miracle Network into great consideration. I donate on a regular basis and I know the Childrens Miracle Network changes and saves lives.

I was reminded on my way back from the hospital for my daughter's checkup. I looked in the mirror and saw her sleeping in her car seat and thought of how she got to where she is now.

On May 13, 2009 my daughter was born at Christus St. Francis Cabrini Hospital in Alexandria, LA. My daughter was born 10 weeks premature at 2lbs 15oz with a nearly disastrous delivery. My wife was weak and on her way out due to complications and my daughter lost her heart beat. It was nearly the end of life as I knew it. By the grace of god, my daughter came back immediately after the delivery thanks to the nursing staff as the doctor saved my wife. My daughter had to stay in the N.I.C.U. for two months kept alive by some of the most advanced equipment in the medical field. All of the equipment used to save my daughter and my wife and keep them alive was donated by the Childrens Miracle Network. They contribue so much that the hospital was able to pay for an appartment for us to live accross the street from our daughter instead of driving 3hrs a day to see her. It was one of the most difficult times of my families life.

Thanks to the equipment and the staff of the hospital (Gods grace), my daughter is alive, well, and happier than ever with zero complications since leaving the hospital.

While in the hospital there were at least 20 new families in the two months we lived there that were directly effected by the same equipment and donations by Childrens Miracle Network. Thanks to them, this hospital has the highest rating a N.I.C.U. can achieve. I ask that you take every potential family and child into consideration and KNOW that any contributions to this charity WILL make a difference on many lives.

Thank you for hearing my story and considering them,

chuck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Forum Contributor

Chuck I donate when I can to them.My youngest daughter witch it 21 yrs old now when she was 2 weeks old the doc. had to send her to a childern hospital in Atlanta Ga. They set us up in a Ronald McDonald House free of charge for a week.They are also apart of the Childern Miracle Network. If you have change drop it in the Ronald McDonald House collection box the have in McDonalds.

Jim
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Jim, I appreciate the input and am glad your daughter is well. I'll throw some in the next time I see it.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 175 Post(s)

Give us an address or a donation link please...

Send Questions To: [email protected]
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScharfenberger View Post
Give us an address or a donation link please...
I suppose that would make it a little easier, here is the link,

Children's Miracle Network------- http://www.childrensmiraclenetwork.org/

Donations------- https://donations.childrensmiraclene...onateform.aspx
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

For those of you that have it I challenge you to do the same.

12/23/2010

Chris Scharfenberger
4088 Evans Jacobi Rd.
Georgwtown, IN 47122

Dear Chris Scharfenberger

Thank you for your generous online contribution of $50.00. Because of your support the children at your local Children's Miracle Network Hospital will continue to receive the compassionate and expert care they need. Your donation creates miracles by funding medical care, research and education that saves and improves the lives of children in your community.

Children's Miracle Network Hospitals is a non-profit organization that raises funds for more than 170 children's hospitals. With the help of a Children's Miracle Network Hospital in their community, children of all ages and backgrounds can receive treatment for every imaginable disease and injury--from asthma and broken bones to cancer and heart defects. Children's hospitals are also on the front lines of research, education and outreach programs that keep millions of kids out of the hospital each year.

This year alone, Children's Miracle Network Hospitals will provide charity care worth billions, yet these children's hospitals depend on community support to help fund their vital services. Your donation is helping your local Children's Miracle Network Hospital provide these important services.

Don't forget that the children touched by your kindness will never forget the compassionate care they received at their Children's Miracle Network Hospital. We extend best wishes to you, along with our sincerest gratitude for your generosity.

Sincerely,

Scott Burt
President & CEO

P.S. To comply with the IRS requirements regarding charitable donations, we affirm that Children's Miracle Network Hosptials provided no goods or services in exchange for this contribution. This letter will serve as confirmation of your donation for income-tax purposes. Please retain this receipt for your tax purposes. If you'd like to determine the exact amount of your charitable deduction, please consult your tax advisor.

If you have any questions about your donation, please contact Children's Miracle Network Hospitals Accounting Department at 801-214-7400.

For future reference, your transaction ID is: VXJP6C08AFC2

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

That means a ton to my family, thank you Chris.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

It was my pleasure. I'm doing fine and I've been trying to share. Afterall... You can't buy just car parts all your life.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in