Summit or Jegs - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Summit or Jegs

Or neither LOL. I prefer summit just because I have always used them and more recently because their website is much easier to use. Yes i am bored!

Kirk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 01:32 PM

i always use summit because they are fairley close and that makes the shipping pretty quick.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I support Summit mainly because of how much they spend on sportsman racers and giving back. They also support the ADRL and Mountain Motor Pro Stock guys! Jegs is a racing family, however their money goes towards thier own programs... which there is nothing wrong with.

HOWEVER - Often times my customers tell me they are better off coming to people like me and other who have special deals with various venders as we offer more support and imput on builds. Also we normally can out do the warehouse pricing. Always check with smaller vendors when looking for purchases! You would be surprised how much you can save not only in the actual purchase but just having the support to go with it! Often times we can save you time and money by not just trying to sell you anything!

Guess I should make a list for everyone on here on what all I personally deal in.

Cale Aronson - Administrator
Black Magic Clutchs - Aronson Motorsports
Shelby Performance Mountain Motor Pro Stock Mustang
Shop - 660-646-4553 - Cell - 816-390-0852 - Email - [email protected]
WWW.BLACKMAGICCLUTCHES.COM - WWW.GOFASTQUICK.COM

Jon Kaase Racing Engines - Ford Racing Parts - RAM Clutches - Browell - Trick Titanium - Bohr Racing - PEM Gears - Orme Brothers - Penske Racing Shocks - Innovators West - DJ Safety

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 02:33 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cale Aronson View Post
I support Summit mainly because of how much they spend on sportsman racers and giving back. They also support the ADRL and Mountain Motor Pro Stock guys! Jegs is a racing family, however their money goes towards thier own programs... which there is nothing wrong with.

HOWEVER - Often times my customers tell me they are better off coming to people like me and other who have special deals with various venders as we offer more support and imput on builds. Also we normally can out do the warehouse pricing. Always check with smaller vendors when looking for purchases! You would be surprised how much you can save not only in the actual purchase but just having the support to go with it! Often times we can save you time and money by not just trying to sell you anything!

Guess I should make a list for everyone on here on what all I personally deal in.
Hmmmm, I'd go along with that Cale, What DO you deal in??
Rob

Rob Hawes-Anchorage Rod Works-Anchorage, Alaska
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Administrator

I just put a sticky on that...

Keep in mind we deal in lots of things not listed! Those are just some of the more commonly used or asked about items!

Link Back to that Thread - https://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150901

Cale Aronson - Administrator
Black Magic Clutchs - Aronson Motorsports
Shelby Performance Mountain Motor Pro Stock Mustang
Shop - 660-646-4553 - Cell - 816-390-0852 - Email - [email protected]
WWW.BLACKMAGICCLUTCHES.COM - WWW.GOFASTQUICK.COM

Jon Kaase Racing Engines - Ford Racing Parts - RAM Clutches - Browell - Trick Titanium - Bohr Racing - PEM Gears - Orme Brothers - Penske Racing Shocks - Innovators West - DJ Safety
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)

I have the oppinion that "after the purchase" customer service, (not simply item returns), is more important than saving a few dollars.
Now. if you're sure of the part and may not need any further communication about it ... then saving a few bucks is waranted.

www.rmcompetition.com

R.M. Competition - The finest Custom Engine Building for any venue ... !
Selling Parts and Supplies from companies I use ... 1(586)909-1591

CUSTOM ground camshafts
Carburetor modifications for specific applications
CNC porting
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcomprandy View Post
I have the oppinion that "after the purchase" customer service, (not simply item returns), is more important than saving a few dollars.
Now. if you're sure of the part and may not need any further communication about it ... then saving a few bucks is waranted.
I agree. Dollars saved up front, could cost ya more than you saved. Buy from people that have put together and use the parts. More likely to get what ya wanted.

1972 torino 460 c-6
1988 turbo coupe, 1978 f150 460/c6
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 06:39 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cale Aronson View Post

Good to know. I always try to support the smaller guys since I'm one myself in my field.

I'll be needing a few things this off season and will definitely look here first.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 175 Post(s)

I've called Summit Racing tech support before I've made purchases. All they seem to know is what is written in the pages of the catalogs that I already pretty much have memorized. They aren't much help. Recently I did some business with Cale Aronson. He is very knowledgeable and he even answers his cell phone (more than I can say for me). Knowing what you are selling goes a long way when the people you are selling to have quesitons about things before they buy. People like Cale help to get you what you need. Not necessarily what you think you want. The Summit guys will just sell you what you think you need. .....and that ain't always a good thing!!

Example: I let Cale tell me what upper and lower rear control arms to buy. I had an idea of what I needed but wanted somebody with more experience to tell me what I needed. I would have never let a Summit tech support guy do that. I know I don't have to worry about it and I know I'm getting the right parts to get the job done.

Send Questions To: [email protected]

Last edited by MrScharfenberger; 01-02-2011 at 08:01 PM.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 11:33 AM

Summit=main reason;They use UPS.
Jegs uses Fed.Ex. and on a number of occasions I've had to go to the terminal to pick-up my order,because they could'nt find a building that's been here since 1944.But I'd rather support the local/independent vendors.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRD4X4 View Post
Summit=main reason;They use UPS.
Jegs uses Fed.Ex. and on a number of occasions I've had to go to the terminal to pick-up my order,because they could'nt find a building that's been here since 1944.But I'd rather support the local/independent vendors.
i agree FED EX sucks and i mean Sucks... my area is the last area he goes to on the end of his route so theres been several times where he dont want to deliver and comes the next day... FucXXXX FEDEX
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Forum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboten5 View Post
i agree FED EX sucks and i mean Sucks... my area is the last area he goes to on the end of his route so theres been several times where he dont want to deliver and comes the next day... FucXXXX FEDEX
X2 on fed ex never know when you goig to get it
I buy from both but use Summit the most as it only about 2 to 2 1/2 hours away plug if I order something from summit before 8 pm i will have it the next day without a overnight charge if need quick.Jegs takes 3 to 5 days the only thing about Jegs I don't have to pay taxs Summit I do because I live in the same state as the store.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 07:12 PM

I have never heard of Jegs or Summit.

www.joesraceparts.com

Joe's Race Parts
From Mild to Wild...
And Everything In Between
www.joesraceparts.com
www.joemayabbracing.com
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 08:34 PM

I like the search function on the summit site a lot better than the Jegs deal. Being in Canada tho I have to go with Fed Ex.

Overnight to Canada pretty much doesnt exist no matter what you do so that is a non factor. However UPS seems to think they deserve a major amount of extra money to bring something across the border. I have had several instances of paying say 15 bucks ups charge when I place to order only to have UPS to demand another 25 over and above the taxes and duties that we pay anywhere when they show up with the package. Fed Ex is like half and Jegs can figure that all out before they send it so I dont have to worry about anything extra when it arrives.

So I end up ordering my stuff from Jegs. I do my own research and generally know exactly what I want.

Like the other guys have said I do appreciate the guys who are willing to give technical advise and will give them my business if I use them for advise or help.

dkp

572 67 Mustang Super Gas
289 4 spd 68 Mustang Fastback
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 10:35 PM

Always used Summit. Never had any problems and shipping is always quick!

Ricky
91 Mustang LX Coupe

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88mph............. Youre gonna see some serious sh*t........."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in