Pre Woodward Cruise. - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)

Pre Woodward Cruise.

Even thou it is a week before the Woodward Cruise, things are heating up. I went to Woodard Ave yesterday to see what action there was. I started racing on Woodard in 1958, and I have built a few cars just for that. In Woodward's haydays, there was a lot of action. (understatement)

There were many cars on Woodard Ave yesterday and I had a good time talking with many of the guys with great cars built to the "T". By Thursday night there will be 8 miles (+-) packed with great cars. By Friday night it will be 4 lanes each way bumper to bumper with the grass area on each side of the road packed with parked hotrods and people. Same on Saturday, the official Woodard Ave Cruise day.

What I find curious is that MANY of these guys with excellent high powered cars NEVER get on them and use them for what the cars were intended. When I drive a built car or truck, I am constantly red lining it. That is what I built it for. Oh well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've seen the same thing at car shows. Talked to a guy with a built Windsor in a Maverick. He had a lot of money it the engine but has never run the 1/4, dynoed it, or touched WOT. "Had too much money in it to take a chance." It was all for show.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ain't that the truth. Car show guys usually dont go to the track and certainly dont street race. I should be at the Shell station this coming Friday and then load up Saturday to go to Milan for the Diamond Piston Shootout. Woodward is way to congested on Saturday.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave D View Post
Ain't that the truth. Car show guys usually dont go to the track and certainly dont street race. I should be at the Shell station this coming Friday and then load up Saturday to go to Milan for the Diamond Piston Shootout. Woodward is way to congested on Saturday.
What hours do you think you will be there and what car will you have? I would like to see your car and say hello.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanE View Post
What hours do you think you will be there and what car will you have? I would like to see your car and say hello.
If there is zero chance of rain I will be in a 69 Mustang yellow with purple flames. Should be in that area from 4 to 10. If rain is possible then my Brothers 2013 mustang
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave D View Post
If there is zero chance of rain I will be in a 69 Mustang yellow with purple flames. Should be in that area from 4 to 10. If rain is possible then my Brothers 2013 mustang
Thanks for replying. Hope to see you there.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Just got back from Woodward. Beautiful afternoon and evening. Hundreds of cars on the Ave and hundreds parked on the side. People everywhere. On Thursday the car count will be much higher, and Friday it will be 8 lanes packed with as many parked on the side. I'm talking hot rods here. Saturday is the official Woodward Dream Cruise and there willl probably be over a million spectors and thousands of hotrods. Makes you wonder where they all come from. I saw plates from California, Flordia and elsewhere. For a person that likes cars, it is a great place to be. The Cruise is 20 years old and counting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in