NASCAR - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Send a message via AIM to crittersf1 Send a message via MSN to crittersf1 Send a message via Yahoo to crittersf1
NASCAR

Looks like the FORD camps might have their stuff together this year.

If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much space!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Smile

Don't care for Nascar at all...except when a FORD wins!

'64 Galaxie 500 XL 499/C6, '06 Mustang GT
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to crittersf1 Send a message via MSN to crittersf1 Send a message via Yahoo to crittersf1
FORD won all three races this weekend.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Don't know if I will watch it now since we have Marcos Ambrose back home.

Probably will though.

Kevin
"I'm just going to swap the motor." What the! A rotisserie?
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-26-2015, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 175 Post(s)

I thought it was a good race for Ford. I did see in the highlights that one Ford car blew up. Carl Edwards maybe? I can't remember. Either way it was a good day for Ford.

First On Race Day!!!

Last edited by MrScharfenberger; 02-26-2015 at 04:09 PM.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-26-2015, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Carl Edwards drives a Toyota for JGR nowadays. The 6 of Trevor Bayne and the 2 of Brad K. had engine failures.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-26-2015, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I've noticed this strong 'out of the gate' charge by Ford, as well as the 'fast hard charging' finish of the season by Ford year after year, Only to lose the GD championship in the end.
Having said all that, in the NASCAR arena cheby has walked all over FORD time and time again since around 1970. Back in the 60s when NASCAR'S ran modified factory type big blocks, FORD dominated the championship. In those days racing was between the mopars and the Fords, cheby wasnt even close. Ever since, the rules have been manipulated and modifyed to promote and propel the cheby 'small block' into the history books as the over all winningest performance brand of all times. Rules can be made and enforced to favor one manufacturer over another to the point of being possible that even a rice burner might smoke a Ford.
Bottom line is this. If FMC don't get its head out of its *** ,Stand firm and Demand the rules Not favor either manufacture over the other, FORD will continue this NASCAR championship losing streek and cheby will continue to dominate NASCAR---period.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 175 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenW View Post
Carl Edwards drives a Toyota for JGR nowadays. The 6 of Trevor Bayne and the 2 of Brad K. had engine failures.
Your right. It was Brad Keselowski that I heard about. I didn't watch the whole race. Just the last 25 laps or so and he was already out by then. I caught that tidbit on the news that evening and saw it was a Ford that blew up.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 10:21 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by raland View Post
I've noticed this strong 'out of the gate' charge by Ford, as well as the 'fast hard charging' finish of the season by Ford year after year, Only to lose the GD championship in the end.
Having said all that, in the NASCAR arena cheby has walked all over FORD time and time again since around 1970. Back in the 60s when NASCAR'S ran modified factory type big blocks, FORD dominated the championship. In those days racing was between the mopars and the Fords, cheby wasnt even close. Ever since, the rules have been manipulated and modifyed to promote and propel the cheby 'small block' into the history books as the over all winningest performance brand of all times. Rules can be made and enforced to favor one manufacturer over another to the point of being possible that even a rice burner might smoke a Ford.
Bottom line is this. If FMC don't get its head out of its *** ,Stand firm and Demand the rules Not favor either manufacture over the other, FORD will continue this NASCAR championship losing streek and cheby will continue to dominate NASCAR---period.
Please explain what you mean by how the rules favor one manufacturer. I dont follow NASCAR so I may need a little education here. I thought they were all just restricting CFM and CI displacement etc....

572CI 1978 Mustang Cobra II-Ron's Terminator-Alky Injection
532CI 1972 Maverick-Ron's Terminator-Alky Injection
2000 Excursion 7.3 Powerstroke "TS-6 position chip"
2001 F250 7.3 Powerstroke "TS-6 position chip"
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 04:14 AM Thread Starter

Logano has secured the pole for Sunday's race.

post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 04:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am gonna miss watching Marcos on the twisty tracks. Always seemed like a nice fella.

http://s640.photobucket.com/albums/uu123/Ron95gt1961/

523, P51's, 10.9 CR, FB performance 4STB trans, 1050, Mafia intake, Precision Industries 3800 lockup converter
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 05:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by away View Post
Please explain what you mean by how the rules favor one manufacturer. I dont follow NASCAR so I may need a little education here. I thought they were all just restricting CFM and CI displacement etc....
If FORD or TOYOTA start winning on a regular basis, NASCAR will find a way to slow them down or they will change the rule package to favor Chevy.

Last edited by crittersf1; 02-28-2015 at 07:03 AM.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 05:39 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Dont mean to hijack this thread or diss anyone here. Not trying to be a wise *** either but I'm not writing a novel. If you wish to know more about NASCAR rules do you're own research and educate yourself.
The proof is in the stats for most NASCAR events, from your local dirt track all the way up to the top. What else do you think would explain the gm dominance of the sport? Could it be that the cheby engine is just a better package for power and performance as opposed to the FORD version of the same size, etc ? I think Not. Even so, if the cheby was a better performance piece, isn't that what the NASCAR rules are for? To balance out the good and bad of ALL manufactures to the point of making the sport fair and competitive for All who participate? I would think so. How bout that for proof?
And if not the brand (FORD/cheby/yota) one being a better package than the other year after year, what else would or could explain the gm dominance? Could it be the powers that be (NASCAR) has been favoring one brand over the other since the cid limit became a rule, giving a slight advantage to the gm, bending the rules as they see fit? JUST A THOUGHT.
Next would be that all NASCAR FORD drivers suck so bad that they can't compete with drivers of opposing brands. I THINK NOT. In fact it appears to me that the FORD drivers are constantly busting their *** far more, trying and driving harder than drivers of opposing brands to gain what little ground they do.
The only place the FORD drivers are screwing themselves on the track is by not being more loyal to fellow FORD drivers, as the blow-tie teams do for each other. Stick with the FORD guys and hang the others out to dry.
Personally I think the championship has been up for sale to the highest bidder for many years now and gm has constantly been the highest bidder ever since.
I think the Men In Black are at my door now, ones in official NASCAR approved duds, one looks like Stewart, one like dani****patrick and Jr is pounding his self in the forehead with a full can of bud. Looks Scarry. LOL
OOOPPS, A NOVEL!
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raland View Post
Dont mean to hijack this thread or diss anyone here. Not trying to be a wise *** either but I'm not writing a novel. If you wish to know more about NASCAR rules do you're own research and educate yourself.
The proof is in the stats for most NASCAR events, from your local dirt track all the way up to the top. What else do you think would explain the gm dominance of the sport? Could it be that the cheby engine is just a better package for power and performance as opposed to the FORD version of the same size, etc ? I think Not. Even so, if the cheby was a better performance piece, isn't that what the NASCAR rules are for? To balance out the good and bad of ALL manufactures to the point of making the sport fair and competitive for All who participate? I would think so. How bout that for proof?
And if not the brand (FORD/cheby/yota) one being a better package than the other year after year, what else would or could explain the gm dominance? Could it be the powers that be (NASCAR) has been favoring one brand over the other since the cid limit became a rule, giving a slight advantage to the gm, bending the rules as they see fit? JUST A THOUGHT.
Next would be that all NASCAR FORD drivers suck so bad that they can't compete with drivers of opposing brands. I THINK NOT. In fact it appears to me that the FORD drivers are constantly busting their *** far more, trying and driving harder than drivers of opposing brands to gain what little ground they do.
The only place the FORD drivers are screwing themselves on the track is by not being more loyal to fellow FORD drivers, as the blow-tie teams do for each other. Stick with the FORD guys and hang the others out to dry.
Personally I think the championship has been up for sale to the highest bidder for many years now and gm has constantly been the highest bidder ever since.
I think the Men In Black are at my door now, ones in official NASCAR approved duds, one looks like Stewart, one like dani****patrick and Jr is pounding his self in the forehead with a full can of bud. Looks Scarry. LOL
OOOPPS, A NOVEL!
Unlike the local weekend local tracks, NASCAR rules don't favor any brand or team.

How it really works to win, be the best Team.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slow View Post
Unlike the local weekend local tracks, NASCAR rules don't favor any brand or team.

How it really works to win, be the best Team.
If that were true, we wouldn't have a Toyota motor or a COT.

NASCAR couldn't figure out how to enforce rules that made the field competitive, so they made them all the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in