street outlaws - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

 5Likes
  • 1 Post By bajarick
  • 2 Post By CarsByCarl
  • 1 Post By QUICKSHIFT
  • 1 Post By cparksjr
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ftworth,tx
Posts: 412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
 
street outlaws

Big chief and Chucky with a mustang wrecks big time, tore the crow up about as bad or more than Daddy Daves Nova.........out
bigblockfairlane is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 07:07 PM
Senior Member
 
QUICKSHIFT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ontario canada
Posts: 374
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
 
THANKS! ....I recorded it but haven't watched it yet! LOL.

What channel do you get it on in the US? We get it on "Velocity" in CAN which replaced "speed"

71 Comet 289/Liberty TL/11.9Xs
84 Cougar HO/T5
77 F250 4x4/466
78 F350 CC hauler/460

Never shoot your mouth off unless your brain is loaded!
If you're not laughing....you're not living!
QUICKSHIFT is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 09:27 PM
Senior Member
 
CarsByCarl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Colorado Springs, CO.
Posts: 5,481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSHIFT View Post
THANKS! ....I recorded it but haven't watched it yet! LOL.

What channel do you get it on in the US? We get it on "Velocity" in CAN which replaced "speed"
Not on TV...yet. The accident that tore up Chief's car and put him in the hospital happened this past weekend, with the cameras rolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Chief
l
Bruised lungs, and on oxygen right now. Crushed my L2 and L3 in my back, broken collarbone, and pretty beat up, but so thankful to be alive right now. The trauma doc just said he doesn’t think they are going to have to transfer me to OU med center anymore which is good. He said I can probably go home tonight.
.

Fastest street legal BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest AFR headed BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest street legal 2nd gen Montego GT on EARTH!
CarsByCarl is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 09:34 PM
Senior Member
 
CarsByCarl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Colorado Springs, CO.
Posts: 5,481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
 
Garage
Here' a couple of pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12238467_1150061085004107_1671836296829662400_o.jpg (94.8 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg image2.jpg (16.7 KB, 48 views)
CarsByCarl is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 08:08 AM
Senior Member
 
bajarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
 
Garage
Dang - first I heard about this one.

Like Chief says on TV, "dont try try this at home"!!!!
CarsByCarl likes this.
bajarick is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 07:00 PM
Senior Member
 
QUICKSHIFT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ontario canada
Posts: 374
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
 
Where can it be downloaded if not on TV yet?

71 Comet 289/Liberty TL/11.9Xs
84 Cougar HO/T5
77 F250 4x4/466
78 F350 CC hauler/460

Never shoot your mouth off unless your brain is loaded!
If you're not laughing....you're not living!
QUICKSHIFT is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 09:06 PM
Senior Member
 
spoiler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: hardy va.
Posts: 401
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
seen boosted gt put his ford in the wall last week also,testing at a strip somewhere
spoiler is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 11:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: High Level,Alberta,Canada
Posts: 282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsByCarl View Post
Not on TV...yet. The accident that tore up Chief's car and put him in the hospital happened this past weekend, with the cameras rolling.



.

Carl, I understand your very strict about abusing the streets with fast cars and endangering people.

What is your opinion on the show being that it portrays cars drag racing on public roads to the viewers.

I mean we know it's on a shut down road and they have all the proper safety equipment,etc

But what kind of message do you think this show is sending people that don't know any better?

Myself I do enjoy the show and the cars and the fact they do say don't try this at home, but there is always that one person that will.
CK&Sons is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 09:26 AM
Senior Member
 
CarsByCarl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Colorado Springs, CO.
Posts: 5,481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK&Sons View Post
Carl, I understand your very strict about abusing the streets with fast cars and endangering people.

What is your opinion on the show being that it portrays cars drag racing on public roads to the viewers.

I mean we know it's on a shut down road and they have all the proper safety equipment,etc

But what kind of message do you think this show is sending people that don't know any better?

Myself I do enjoy the show and the cars and the fact they do say don't try this at home, but there is always that one person that will.
Street racers were racing on the streets before the show, and they will after it's gone. I don't know that the show has really even had any influence on street racing.

What the show has done is increase the popularity of "no-prep" racing at tracks, and other facilities. There has also been an explosion in the use of power adders and 1000+HP cars since this show came along. There was a real drop in sportsman racing after Pinks was killed, but this show at least got people motivated again. Rumor has it Outlaws is going away, and Pinks is coming back, and that'll be better for the sport in my opinion.

As for racing on public roads, I could care less if people want to set up at a remote location, secure it, and have some fun. It's putting the public at large at risk on a crowded highway that's the problem, and this show doesn't promote that at all. If anything, they show people the right way to do it.


.
bajarick and CK&Sons like this.

Fastest street legal BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest AFR headed BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest street legal 2nd gen Montego GT on EARTH!
CarsByCarl is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 11:45 AM
Senior Member
 
QUICKSHIFT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ontario canada
Posts: 374
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
 
......if not for street racing years ago, I wouldn't have made the money to build the engine that's in my car now...LOL.

Seriously though, street racing is way too dangerous now with the power and speed you can buy off the show room floor let alone a modified ride. We worked our way up in power and learned how to control each mod. These guys today, just put their coin down and then go stab and steer their way into trouble with no respect for the power that's available to them.
CK&Sons likes this.

71 Comet 289/Liberty TL/11.9Xs
84 Cougar HO/T5
77 F250 4x4/466
78 F350 CC hauler/460

Never shoot your mouth off unless your brain is loaded!
If you're not laughing....you're not living!
QUICKSHIFT is offline  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 07:36 PM
Senior Member
 
cparksjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsByCarl View Post
Street racers were racing on the streets before the show, and they will after it's gone. I don't know that the show has really even had any influence on street racing.

What the show has done is increase the popularity of "no-prep" racing at tracks, and other facilities. There has also been an explosion in the use of power adders and 1000+HP cars since this show came along. There was a real drop in sportsman racing after Pinks was killed, but this show at least got people motivated again. Rumor has it Outlaws is going away, and Pinks is coming back, and that'll be better for the sport in my opinion.

As for racing on public roads, I could care less if people want to set up at a remote location, secure it, and have some fun. It's putting the public at large at risk on a crowded highway that's the problem, and this show doesn't promote that at all. If anything, they show people the right way to do it.


.
I agree 100%.
CarsByCarl likes this.

Clayton Parks

2014 Ford Explorer 4x4
2014 CanAm Maverick Max 4x4
2012 Ford F150 Raptor 4x4 supercharged 6.2l
1960 Ford F250 4x4 project 521
1957 Ford Ranchero 4x4 project 428
cparksjr is offline  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ftworth,tx
Posts: 412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
 
boosted

Yea down here in Tx Yellowbelly Dallas he`s already got it fixed,,,,,,,,
bigblockfairlane is offline  
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 10:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lancaster, Ohio
Posts: 636
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsByCarl View Post
Street racers were racing on the streets before the show, and they will after it's gone. I don't know that the show has really even had any influence on street racing.

What the show has done is increase the popularity of "no-prep" racing at tracks, and other facilities. There has also been an explosion in the use of power adders and 1000+HP cars since this show came along. There was a real drop in sportsman racing after Pinks was killed, but this show at least got people motivated again. Rumor has it Outlaws is going away, and Pinks is coming back, and that'll be better for the sport in my opinion.

As for racing on public roads, I could care less if people want to set up at a remote location, secure it, and have some fun. It's putting the public at large at risk on a crowded highway that's the problem, and this show doesn't promote that at all. If anything, they show people the right way to do it.


.


IMO Pinks did it right, glad to hear they might be coming back! I watch SO and enjoy it but I don't think the show sends the right message. Street racing was a whole lot different "back in the day", a lot less power and a lot fewer cars on the road.

'64 Galaxie 500 XL 499/C6, '06 Mustang GT
GT300TD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome