Scam - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Scam

Can anyone tell me how this scam works??

Thanks for your mail,i am okay with the price which is ($1900).this is how i will want us to seal the transaction cos i dont want any delay at all.So all i am going to do is to contact my associate in the state to issue you a cheque of $5,000 which will be for both the shipping and your own money So all i will want you to do when you recieve the Money Order, is to deduct your own money and send the remaining shipping funds through VIA WESTERN UNION to my inetrnational shipping agent , once he recieves the balance will come over to your location the very next day for pick up, now the money wired to the shipper is his fees for his services, transportation to your location and back to me, also for all charges that may arise along this transaction cos i will want it to be delivered to me safe and sound without problems, i shall send you my shipper address as soon as i contact him So if this terms are okay by you i will need your contact address and phone number so that i can forward to my associ ate who will be issueing you the cheque.I look forward to your reply.Thanks and Regard.
N/B the shipping funds will be wired to my international shipping agent that will come for the pickup and he will be one to arrange the shipping from your location to u.k where i am living.now that we have an agreement I will like you to remove the advert you placed on the website so that you will recieve no more offers.the cheque will be sent to you via fedex. .info required to
send cheque:
NAME ......
FULL ADDRESS.........
CITY............ STATE.........
COUNTRY.....
ZIPCODE........
Phone number Office / cell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 04:56 PM

The check you get is a fake, a well done one with incorrect routing numbers or something like that. By the time your bank realizes it and tells you that you don't actually have the money, you've already wired real money to the "associate" who, in actuality is a dirt bag in some 3rd world country where the gov will not support cracking down on this sort of thing and likely makes money of their own off of each scam..

You could get a PO box, get the check, deposit it and sit on it for 30-60 days and see what the buyer does...(dunno if this opens you up to any other fraud, or not though..)

If you do an email search on the info from the supposed buyer, you'll most likely track it back to a service in some country other than the UK.

They tried it with us before when we sold the Lightning, and I replied asking for their location in the UK. I told them I have relatives in London (South) and Thornaby (North) that could come by and pick up the check in person.. Funny, I never got a response..

Ask this person where they live in the UK because you are actually travelling to London and Edinburgh for business in the next 10 days and you'd love to meet up for a pint..

Jim

1976 Gran Torino (Starsky and Hutch)
466/C6/4.33 = [email protected] and [email protected]
545/C6/4.00 = [email protected] and [email protected]
See it run at torinocobra.com
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Scam

Thanks Jim. I appreciate the advice. I did find out that it originates in the UK ( like you thought) I may wait and see what happens next. I like your ideas.

Thanks...
Denny

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 06:44 PM

A friend of mine just about got ripped off with the same scam a couple weeks ago,almost the exact same wording,the check they send you looks perfect but is a forgery,the serial number was bogus on my friends.It took quite a while for the bank to find out it was bad. Hope this helps,,,

Gregg Sheridan
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Yes, that helps. I havent replyed yet and am wondering how I can get them what they need!
Is there anyone that I can give there E-mail address to that can do something?

Thanks guys for the help. They won't get anything from me but greif!
Denny
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 09:40 PM

Yeah, I won 18 million dollars today on the Netherlands Lottery! Close to same scam, they send you questions requesting more info, then want you to send them $1800 to handle everything, then they will send you your cash prize. I won the U.K. Lottery in 2004, damn, I'm rich!

Bad Company Till the day I die!

Bob Carr
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 07:25 AM

My wife won the Mexican lottery yesterday! :lol:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
http://photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 07:24 PM

Hay I also won that $18,000,000 Glad to see another millionare on this site mine was in a random internet lottery :shock: Hell I still havent got my check :?

The internet is a strange place!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 12:07 AM

I got this one today: .saw the product, i want you to know that am highly interested in the product and i willing to have it,but more so i want you to know that the mode of payment which i will only offer you will be through CERTIFIED CASHIER CHECK, MONEY ORDER and if accepted Kindly get back to me if your item is still forsale.and also with the asking price but i will want you to e-mail me the picture and the conditon of the item rigth now.Am very busy at work but i will get back to you shortly... and note that i will be handling the shipping myself.. Regards,
Will...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in