First Time Out For This Season - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 06:20 PM
TopSportsman916

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
First Time Out For This Season

Well, I just got my brand new oil pan back on this past weekend. Builder didn't give enough clearance on the kick out for starter. But they made good on fixing it. Fired the car up today & got the transmission topped off,phased the distributer, & checked lash. Going to race at Northeast dragway for the first time. So hopefully , I can get some good runs in & go a few rounds. Very curious to see how the new cam is going to work. But as long as I don't hurt anything or anybody, it will be a good day at the races. I will post how the car does tomorrow. Best last year at OuterBanks was a 5.38. So I will see what Northeast can do tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 11:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Let s ous know how you do. We went a few weeks ago, found some items that was mess up and fix them. we will go next weekend and see if we can get in the fast 8 show. Have a good time!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 06:44 PM
TopSportsman916

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Initial results from Northeast Dragway

Well I missed Rick(Fordtek1) Friday night getting ready for Saturday. Well all went well,no hurt parts but the new cam definitely wanted more fuel. The engine was running leaner than it ever had but eliminations started & I didn't want to change. I ran a best of [email protected] 122mph compared to my worst run last year [email protected] 126mph. My normal dial in was a 5.41 with a best of 5.38 Also the car was spinning of the line. I was wadding the slicks excessively. Talking it over, probably a little more air pressure would have helped. But then again didn't want to change once eliminations started.I did make it it to the third round where I had a double breakout. I was .005 under & the other car went .003 under. Oh well at least I didn't have to buy back to get there. I will say for Vanishing Point Race Cars, even when you spin , the car does it consistantly. I want to go back to Outer Banks & test in a couple of weeks. I plan on putting bigger jets in the nozzles & go from there. I also plan on raising my shift point. The new cam has a higher power band & I was shifting at 6800 & it would drop to 5700 on the change. It's amazing how you make one small change(slightly larger cam) & it changes your whole set up. But if drag racing was easy, everybody would do it. And Rick, I looked for you buddy but I figured you got tied up. We'll eventually meet up.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

glad to hear ya made it down the track ok. My yard-pass got revoked at the last minute. :lol: I plan on going back Fri night again for more t&t, providing the forecast for 30% rain is wrong. I will get a 6.xx time slip this time. When ya planning to go to outer banks? I want to run 1/8 mile a few more times getting it sorted out and then it's time to head to Richmond or VMP for a full 1/4 pass. I'll call you later this week

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2158/ricksadql2.jpg
www.rickscarcare.net
Big Thanks to Chris Corey
aka TopSportsman916
[email protected] ALL MOTOR - NO KOOLAID
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in