Forgive me but I have to ask - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Forgive me but I have to ask

Next to all my ford big block stuff are a few amc's. I grew up with these just like the ford trucks that got me into the 460's so you know the childhood memories of the stuff you grew up around. Anyway I am trying to get some info on know good engine builds for amc and I don't want to read about the builds from the guys from how to paint your camero. Any one know of anyone who knows amc's? I have a pretty good idea of what I want, but someones else's input may be good. It usually is.

The car that this engine for was my dad's first car so it really has some value to me and could use some help.

74 javelin
4 speed
4.10 posi

The plan for the engine is a 360 with 9.9 compression, roller rockers, balanced, arp rod bolts. I have a torker intake, a cam that is an older blue racer 300/310, 234/244 @ .050, 520/544 lift on a 112 lda. Headers and some port work. I'm not to sure about anything else here sort of flying blind. Car will be used as a street strip deal.

Thanks
Kyle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in