Too distressed to be livid... - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Too distressed to be livid...

On Sunday my car was crunched by some bimbo kid driving daddy's new BMW X5. Behind her at a stop sign and she throws it into reverse and slams into the front of my Gal.

Very distressing... I just got the whole front clip back on the car and lined up nice. I hit a deer alst year and had finally got it back to looking decent, just in time for Carlisle. Was all psyched for this week to put my 460 in and have that ready to go for Carlisle as well. Doubt that'll happen now. I'm no longer motivated to put the engine in, and now I have to find another parts car (I know where one is, just gotta convince them to sell it) and do the whole job I just did all over again.

I'm thoroughly disgusted with this. I have so little motivation to get this car to where I want it to be. Maybe I'll just finish my truck and drive that for a while. Take the Galaxie to Carlisle like it is and sometime over the summer when I'm more motivated I'll fix the damage and put the 460 in.

Here is the damage:

[img]http://cadunkle.kicks-***.net/pics/Galaxie/68/Ouch.2006.05.15/P1000147.JPG[/img]

[img]http://cadunkle.kicks-***.net/pics/Galaxie/68/Ouch.2006.05.15/P1000153.JPG[/img]

[img]http://cadunkle.kicks-***.net/pics/Galaxie/68/Ouch.2006.05.15/P10001556.JPG[/img]

[img]http://cadunkle.kicks-***.net/pics/Galaxie/68/Ouch.2006.05.15/P1000181.JPG[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 12:28 AM

You could fix it the California way...

1-800-slimey-lawyer

By the time he's done calculating the damage of your one of a kind sweat-equity classic, as well as the obvious cost of the therapy you'll need due to the psychological damage sustained during the tramatic event, and your loss of wages from not being able to work due to your fear of driving, you'll have Foose rebuilding your classic car just the way you want it.

OK, maybe not quite that grand...but you get the point.

I don't condone frivilous lawsuits, but seriously...around here if you so much as door-ding someone, you better brace yourself. I was slapped with one. It's hard to resist.

www.RaceSystems.com
Home of Project Ludicrous Speed
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 02:00 AM

want me to flux that up for ya? :twisted:

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:32 AM

Dude that SUCKS :!:

I'm assuming that the BMW driver has insurance? I'd have THEM pay to get it fixed!

Good Luck and keep your head up. Fall down, get back up AGAIN! When I get discouraged I just walk away for a short while and then back at it!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
http://photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:47 AM

YA, I have a friend with a temper, he doesn't walk away, just throw's things, :lol: the up side,,,, he never loses his tools, there stuck in the walls, :lol:

''If you didn't Build-It'' It ain't Racing!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Kinnard
YA, I have a friend with a temper, he doesn't walk away, just throw's things, :lol: the up side,,,, he never loses his tools, there stuck in the walls, :lol:
:lol:

I've been known to throw a few things :shock:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
http://photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 12:15 PM

In 62 or 63 we were in high school, he had a 56 crown vic, two tone blue/white, blue int, nice, he was replacing the carb, could not get it quite write, got mad, took a hammer beat the carb off the eng, intake, valve covers, the exh, dist, I could go on, wile in his fit, I bought the car for 50.00 bucks, Wish I had it today. took a motor from a 58 wagon 352. put in it. :lol:

''If you didn't Build-It'' It ain't Racing!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 04:15 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for teh encouraging words guys. I haven't even been on the site here since starting this thread. Been working on my friends cars and neglecting mine as I've been so down about it.

Don't wanna do the 460 until I finish my truck so I have that to drive in the mean-time. So for now I slapped ona pair of fresh '69 302 heads to repalce the 289 heads I had on there. The 289 heads pulled to over 6 grand which was nice. The compression was higher too so it was nice and snappy even with the small block. Screwed up an intake valve and seat when I buzzed it to over 8 grand (missed 3rd gear and went to neutral with my foot to the floor... Oops). Didn't wanna put any more money into the small block or those heads, so I beend riving on 7 cylidners for a few weeks... Miserable.

So after I got these 302 heads on an hour or so ago I couldn't resist going for a spin around town. I was grinning ear to ear the whole time. Car runs so smooth now and pulls strong, though not as snappy as the 289 heads were. Went onto the empty highway with the pedal to the floor in 1st gear. Pulled nicely then hit 5000 and felt like I hit a brick wall. 2nd and we're moving again. Okay, so they don't rev as high as the 289 heads did but they run so nice and smooth and put a smile on my face. Good enough. I'm kinda glad to not have crazy compression too... It was nice whe good quality 93 octane was available but NJ switched to ethanol blend gas a few weeks ago and my car has run like crap ever since and I been fighting predetonation. Premium is now 91 octane, no more 93 octane MTBE in NJ. Sucks.

Anyhow, the other day I got a call from the girls dad (girl who backed into my Gal). He said he wants to settle outside of insurance. I'm gonna get some estimates tomorrow and if he'll write a check I'll be thrilled. These people must be rich as they live in a rich neighborhood, let their kids drive BMW SUV, and send their kids to other countries for 6+ months.

Oh, another humorous note... Was spending some quality time with my ex and she said this girl sounded familiar... Turns out they went to the same high school and my ex hates this girl... Says she's stuck up and rich or something. :lol: :twisted:

So yeah, I'm feeling a lot more upbeat about the car now that I can get into it every day and not think "I want to sell this piece of junk." Looking forward to Carlisle next weekend, then the week after that my vacation to Maine, and after that the 460 swap!! 8)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in