Picture Signatures - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Picture Signatures

Chilly, Would you consider placing a limit on the size of the pictures some people use as a signature. I appreciate them but I and probably many others are restricted to dial up access and if a person has a picture imbedded in their posts as part of there signatures it adds a TREMENDOUS time to downloading of the page....it is one thing if it is a picture on the subject matter but as part of the signature it has to be downloaded for every post they make within the thread...I.e. (and this is not to disparage or criticise the owners at all because I am sure many of them don't even realize the impact it has...the below example just illustrates the situation well)
https://www.460ford.com/viewtopic.php?t=2353
466bbfox GM picture is 94.99k which has to be downloaded 4 times
PatFromJersey Double picture signature is only 10.88k but still adds up

Again I am not picking on them just using this to illustrate the situation. There already is a picture for the author. I would go to dsl/satellite if I could but most of my browsing is done from the boat which is in an area that has no highspeed available unless I do direct satellite at an "intake manifold" a month cost. It just occurred to me that there might be a text only mode which I have not discovered yet but then I would have to go to the other mode to see the subject matter pictures anyway. Or maybe I am the ONLY one who is so restricted and you shouldn't consider changing for one person... Anyway give it a thought and if you or anyone else can suggest a viable workaround I would appreciate it. Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 04:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I think there might be a way for you to turn off the the pics you see in the signatures in your browser settings, but i'm not sure. Hopefuly someone with more 'puter brains than me will chime in. Either way you get a bump TTT.

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.S. Dave::
460 street '66 Ranchero.......................finished someday.
460 race '70 Maverick..........................finished someday.
All 'glass Top Sportsman '69 Mustang......ummm, check back when I win big playing the Texas Lotto, or online poker.
My youtube page. Some ancient & newer local race video.

Join the Poker Players Alliance (theppa.org). US online poker should NOT be turned into a crime.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Send a message via AIM to psquare75
My v6z24.com forum has a 500 x 150 limit on sig pics, which I find reasonable.

Also... when people are posting pics in a post... it's usually customary to go "56K No Way" or "56K go home" or something else amusing along those lines, as a warning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in