my all aluminum profiler headed 518 build up - 460 Ford Forum
Engine Build Archive A place to archive DYNO or 1/4mile VERIFIED engine builds. Please post any engine tech questions to the Engine Tech forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my all aluminum profiler headed 518 build up

well its finally getting somewhere all the fitting is just about complete
and we are under way just got done plumbing the manifold thats the last thing that needs to be fit. being profiler doesn't make an intake for these heads and i have to run a single four cast manifold in my class we opted for a c-460 intake. on another note would you all believe that the extra head bolts didn't line up to my block! yup thats right, profiler guessed at the extra head bolt locations, thats right guessed! i can not believe they make a head for 18 bolts and never even checked their own head to an 18 bolt block! these heads were designed and casted on a standard 10 bolt block! now that the heads have been on and off the motor about 50-75 times already we are finally getting somewhere. my good friend mr. Charlie Evans perfomed his magic on my heads and we got killer #'s out of them this baby has all the bells and whistles and should be a little monster will keep everbody up to speed as the build continues.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 01:14 AM

Lou,Engine looks good are you going to race N.M.R.A SSO this year.I think your car is real sharp i like the fox body convertible's.I have a 89 Mustang coupe with a 466 BBF in it.If you make it to the N.M.R.A Columbus race i'll keep and eye out for you,Good Luck.

Later Mark.
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 09:12 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 11:12 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 11:13 PM

Lou, damn nice looking set up you got there.

Chris

VPRC 1998 Mustang
557 CJ :1.15 60', [email protected] mph @ 2600lbs
665 C&C Hemi : To Be Determined
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2158/ricksadql2.jpg
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 11:58 PM

Lou I see some room left I think you can put a couple more NOS setups on there it you try

Just Razzing you bud Looks good.

Randy
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 10:56 AM

That is sweet.
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Miller
Lou,Engine looks good are you going to race N.M.R.A SSO this year.I think your car is real sharp i like the fox body convertible's.I have a 89 Mustang coupe with a 466 BBF in it.If you make it to the N.M.R.A Columbus race i'll keep and eye out for you,Good Luck.

Later Mark.
thanks mark, the car is basically purpose built for SSO in NMRA, however we left a little room this time around when we 25.2'd the car to put some bigger sneakers on from time to time, to either do some local quick 8 10.5 stuff or some grudge racing alot of action around us at my local tracks atco and e-town, especially big money races! when the motor is complete we will be looking to lay the smack down hard in NMRA with this new combo i think we got what it takes this time around and i haven't been able to say that in a long time! me and my guys are very excited about getting back out there i had to take off almost 2 full seasons to do this whole deal mostly due to waiting for limited resources now i have more time than money with the economy being off so its unfortunately slowing my progress up a little at the moment but we are still plugging away every single piece on this motor had to be fabricated or custom fit in some way shape or form and we changed a couple of things along the way but it will be all on the table when we are done! i hope to be ready for the atco nmra race maybe before then hopefully, as for columbus if its ready i'll be there.

LP
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 11:38 PM

Lou,

I hope you have it at Columbus,that would be another BBF powered car in SSO besides Don Burton.

Later Mark.
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 01:51 PM

What are you going to put that 427 head on?
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 06:00 PM

The only thing better looking than a fox notch is a fox convert. That is going to be a very popular SSO.
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 01:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hey guys,

It's been a pleasure working with Lou and his engine builder Joey.

Just a little update on the Profiler heads. They were designed by Darin Morgan who was at Reher-Morrison at that time. Yes, they had some minor problems in the beginning. Since they came out, (and since Lou got his),Darin Morgan has gone to work at Profiler and has made some changes and updates. Lawes Mayfield and I have been to the plant and have spent the day there working with Darin, Dave, Ray & Mike. I appreciate the opportunity to work closely with the manufactuers. Some refinements for the 2008 Profiler #205 heads include;

1. More material in the exhaust venturi area. Darin wanted this for better flow.
2. They added material above the roof of the exhaust ports where it was thin.
3. They gave us an exhaust guide boss, in order to help conduct heat away and stop fracturing the exhaust guides due to a lean and mean tune-up.
4. Improved and corrected the bolt hole locations for the additional eight 7/16ths bolts.

In regards to flow, the Kentucky Krew is getting around 550/560 cfm out of the intakes, and around 360/370 cfm out of the exhausts, with the steep angle valve job, but without a test pipe. If anybody wants a set of them, I have an extra set of the 2008 heads in stock right now. I'll be glad to sell them to you.

Hope this helps,

Charlie Evans
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 09:51 PM

welcome

Lou,

It's good to see you on this forum. I remember reading about the convertible back in the 90's. I think I still have that issue of MM&FF.
Anyway keep us posted on the cars progress and good luck!!!
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 09:14 PM

Lou I remember you coming up to Epping a few times here and there if I remember right didn't you have some problems the last time there. Tha tcar of yours was always a great looking can mine was the one in gray primer I love primer a scuff pad and it looks like new.

If I remember you were in CT I hope to see the car up this way in some good air to lay down some numbers

Dan
1993 Mustang 514 all motor
1990 Mustang notch 460
1969 Mustang Mach1 351W
fast-machines.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in