solid lifter cam - 460 Ford Forum
Engine Build Archive A place to archive DYNO or 1/4mile VERIFIED engine builds. Please post any engine tech questions to the Engine Tech forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

solid lifter cam

do I need to restrict the oil to the top end when useing solid lifters?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 11:21 PM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

No,

and you get more response in the engine forum not the archive
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 07:54 PM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterbean View Post
do I need to restrict the oil to the top end when useing solid lifters?
I guess it depends who you asked and how the motor is set up,ie oil pump, bearing clearance, cap. of oil pan ect. On my friends 429Scj, he put in push rods with smalller holes, for excessive top end oil problems, but that was just one combination, and may not apply to all.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)

Anything rollerized doesn't 'require' as much oil supply because the isn't as much contact area that needs to be lubed. Hence the supply can be restricted allowing the oil supply to be better utilized else where. BBF's don't have an inherent problem with oil drain back in the top end so restricting the supply isn't necessarily for that reason. BB Oldsmibiles are are a whole different animal.
Rob

Rob Hawes-Anchorage Rod Works-Anchorage, Alaska
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Hello

hello old friend whats happening????? sorry about the roller cams, I got them out and they need to be polished before I send them, they are flashed over a little bit, but anyway how are things going? having fun this summer on the lakes? hows the boat running? anymore problems out of the engine? I will get them cleaned up and send them soon, I have no use for them anymore, I still got that Hyd roller cam its new and about .640ish lift and its a retro fit for the old blocks, still got no heads for the bird but I got the motor and trans in it and most of the thing wired up and plumbed up, I like the video you sent me, that thing looks fast as **** too and a lot of fun as well, pease out bro!!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterbean View Post
hello old friend whats happening????? sorry about the roller cams, I got them out and they need to be polished before I send them, they are flashed over a little bit, but anyway how are things going? having fun this summer on the lakes? hows the boat running? anymore problems out of the engine? I will get them cleaned up and send them soon, I have no use for them anymore, I still got that Hyd roller cam its new and about .640ish lift and its a retro fit for the old blocks, still got no heads for the bird but I got the motor and trans in it and most of the thing wired up and plumbed up, I like the video you sent me, that thing looks fast as **** too and a lot of fun as well, pease out bro!!
Hi 'ya Roy! I humbly apologize for not calling you but this summer has been one of those. The boat seems to be running pretty good although either the clearances need to be tightened up in the jet or I've got toooooo much horsepower....(is that even possible???? lolol) You can hear it bumping the 6,100 chip that I have in there in the vid on the hit. I might need to jet the primary side of the 750's a tad richer but otherwise than that it's running good. I have only had a chance to take it out twice though . Anywho, I still have to get that converter packaged up if you still want it...?
I'm thinking that I'm interested in that hydraulic roller for my motor home too....... EVERYBODY needs a motor home with a lumpy idle don't they?? lolol
Rob

Rob Hawes-Anchorage Rod Works-Anchorage, Alaska

Last edited by White Lightning; 08-31-2013 at 02:05 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

cam

I ran that same cam in one of my street cars, it was .030 454 with .250 dome piston and open chambers (119 cc's) about 9.5 to 1 compression and a 850 DP holley and it was not loapy, It almost sounded like a boat but made gobs of power, man the tq and hp off the hit was crazy and pulled all the way to 6400, thats why I ordered a second cam for another build but anyway I'm making small strives on the bird still have head issues but what ever, I'll get it soon I hope, I guess all came through to you ok? and yes I will take it (converter) I'm already collecting parts for a 460 build, got pistons and rods and a custom oil pan buy (rcasonbbf) thanks for the oil pan, I'm thinging about a big solid roller mine are mild (I have 2) they are less than .700 lift and I'm thinking like 740 to 760 lift and maybe the heads you have, get the one repaired, anyway let me know, later dude
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in