Upcoming 460 build. Number guesses? - 460 Ford Forum
Engine Build Archive A place to archive DYNO or 1/4mile VERIFIED engine builds. Please post any engine tech questions to the Engine Tech forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Upcoming 460 build. Number guesses?

Building a bb for the first time to put in my 02 gt. Heres the specs of the build..

469 d1ve block bored .30 over (466)
Diamond 25cc dish pistons
Stock stroke hbeam rods
Mechanical/hydraulic roller cam..not sure which.(prob around .600 lift?)
9:7:1 CR
Kasse p51 heads

Paired up with a c6.
Any thoughts on maybe what hp/torque I could make? Hoping for mid 600's..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Revised^...460 block. Dive-6015-a2b

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 05:03 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

530 horsepower

As the world turns...I get more dizzy!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 01:39 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Maybe it's just me, but why do people keep asking for HP estimates, without camshaft specs., much less head flow numbers if they are worked over? Not gripping at you in paticiular, you are just one of many. The good Lord above is all Knowing, but most people on this forum, are mere mortals, and not too many psysic's, here I believe either. P51's in a 460-472 should crack 600hp all day when cammed properly, but you will have to twist it to 6k or more to get there. The old SVO 514 made 600 (actually more in the article on the test dyno)with CJ's and a mild hyd. cam, from a 514 anyway. When they went to the SCJ head and a tad larger, and I mean tad, Comp cam they made 700hp with a 514 svo crate engine. If I remember correctly they may have done a couple of other minor tricks also, like 1.8 rockers, but can't remember fore sure. Check in the achrives here, under old articles, and you can find it. Pretty good read, and worth the search. Try these specs also from a 1995 SVO catalog for some compairison. 460 Corba JET M-6007-C460 560 HP Cam specs.Hyd. Roller 244I 254E at .050" with a.614 lift. Victor Intake, 850 Holley, and 11.5 compression. [email protected] 535ft./[email protected] You will probably need a litttle higher compression than you have, and go to a bigger cam, pref. a mech. roller, backcut valves if the p51's don't allready have them, and you should crack 600 eaisly. The p51's are supposed to be a liitle better than the SVO SCJ's, so you should be close, with the SVO cam or equivelent cam, to the 600hp mark. Stoker 514 or larger might be better if you want to keep the low compression. Hope this helps you some. The article is on page three(3) of the archives, halfway down the page, posted by member KBR in 2008. If it where me I would look for a SVO mech. roller like they took out of that 514, I bet it would get you 460 real close to 600hp, esp. with some 1.8 ratio rockers.

Last edited by supervel45; 09-04-2013 at 02:33 AM. Reason: add
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in