Another 514 question - 460 Ford Forum
Engine Build Archive A place to archive DYNO or 1/4mile VERIFIED engine builds. Please post any engine tech questions to the Engine Tech forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Another 514 question

I have a 514 stroker just wondering what I need to do to make my motor hold up and be reliable putting this alcohol injection and blower on it. Trying to figure out what it would cost to build this or if I'd be better off selling my motor and starting over.

I have a buddy selling Enderle bird injection got alcohol,K-Valve,End.80A Fuel Pump,Filter fuel shut off cable,ETC...
He also has a BDS 8-71 blower and intake for bbf
This whole setup I can get from him for a little over 3000 it's all barley used.

This is my motor :here are all specs
http://www.fordracingparts.com/m/part.asp?p=6188

I don't want to throw this on and grenade everything so what is a realistic number what my cost will be to make this motor support a blower and will I break 1000 hp with this combo?

2003 f150 mud truck-tube chassis-fiberglass prerunner body-f106 front h172 rear axles-514 stroker backed by powerglide-49" high trac tractor tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

SPECS;
Has Eagle® H-beam connecting rods M-6200-C514
625 HP @ 6250 RPM
600 ft./lbs. of torque @ 4800 RPM
9.8:1 compression ratio
Sturdy 460 2-bolt main short block M-6009-D514
Cast nodular iron 4.300" stroker crank
Ford Racing forged aluminum dished pistons with full floating pins
Mechanical roller lifter camshaft with .647" lift, 254° intake and 258° exhaust duration @ .050" lobe lift
M-6049-SCJB “Super Cobra Jet” aluminum cylinder heads
M-9424-H429 “Victor Jr.” single plane intake manifold
1.73:1 ratio aluminum roller rocker arms

2003 f150 mud truck-tube chassis-fiberglass prerunner body-f106 front h172 rear axles-514 stroker backed by powerglide-49" high trac tractor tires
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 10:18 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

your engine

I've kinda read over your other post and I guess I've got the picture on what you wanna do. First I don't know about the blower stuff on your motor on if it can take the blower boost with having a cast crank??? second, I would take your engine apart and sell the crank, rods, pistons, cam and lifters, then buy a stroker kit that has a forged crank better rods and pistons (flat tops) for more compression, (I like aluminum rods) and so do most serious truck puller guy's and drag race guy's, then send your heads and intake to a reputable porting person (there are several on this stie) and pick out a cam and lifters for your need, I see no problem with your engine making 850 to 900 hp with this done to it, then you can run E-85 or E-98 so you don't have to buy 12.00 dollar a gallon fuel to run it on, I think you have the basic foundation to do a really nice build and if thats not enough HP then add a shot of NOS on top of the new build and get as much HP as you need and it will hold up better than the OG version. good luck with your build

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 01:23 PM

Paul Kane does a 4-bolt kit to std for blocks I'd suggest that and a good tune up and I think a blown injected alcohol could easily make 1000hp and live at 6500ish rpm, you'll probably have to go with a small base distributor and I'd lock the timing out too. That being said if you decide to do all this I'm needing the intake manifold you have and be interested in buying it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in