Scammed for $1,500 by: Jennifer Schine; [email]moparblock@gmail.com[/email] - 460 Ford Forum
The Auction Block Buy, Sell, Trade your parts and pieces!!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Scammed for $1,500 by: Jennifer Schine; [email protected]

On June 2, I was contacted regarding a WTB ad I've placed on forums around the internet. We exchanged several correspondances discussing the specifics of the transaction:

Strange 9" for a SN95, 3.73's, Detroit True Trac, 31 Splines, & SVO brakes-- all of it new, never used.

I also talked to him on the phone once to 'double check' everything verbally. After our phone conversation, I sent $1,500 via Paypal on June 5, 2006.

After two days (June 7, 2006), I sent a quick email asking if everything was received in good order. To which he replied, "Yeah, everything looks good. Just waiting for the transfer so I can cover the freight shipping."

I sent a quick email on June 11, 2006 to see if the transfer had gone through yet and to get an estimated shipping date-- No response.

Knowing that June 11 fell on the weekend, I waited until Monday (June 13, 2006) and tried to call him. I tried the two numbers that he called me from-- both phone numbers were disconnected.

Trying not to jump to conclusions, I sent an email voicing my concern with the 'circumstances' and requested that he contact me to ease my mind-- No response.

At this point, I'm getting the eerie feeling that I've been duped...but I held my composure.

Yesterday, June 14, I sent a third email. Within this third email, I cut and paste the previous two emails (so he knew I'd been trying to contact him) and left my phone number (he should have already had it). I asked that he call me no matter what time it was-- No response.

During our phone conversation, he said he found my ad through www.turbomustangs.com/forums. Since I have my ad up on a few sites, I have checked for his 'username' on all of them. This guy doesn't exist .

I've opened a claim with Paypal and notified my credit card about the situation (for when Paypal won't give my money back).

I sent the money to: [email protected]
The name under the Paypal account is: Jennifer Schine

One of the phone numbers I had is from Florida while the other is an 888 number. During our phone conversation, though, he mentioned living in New York.

If anybody is familiar with who this guy/girl is, please contact me.

Michael D.

2003 F150 Supercrew
BBF
Turbo

1996 Ford Mustang
2.3t w/ HE351VE turbo
12.10 @ 114 mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

go on to the fbi internet fraud report division and file a case, it took a while but i was ripped off for a 03 cobra engine and trans and they caught him. sorry to hear about that it is a pretty violating fealing.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

What's the username they used?

'83 Mustang GT - 552/C6 - 10.12 @ 136
'73 "F100" - EFI460/E4OD
Drag Week 2011 - 77th in Daily Driver
Drag Week 2012 - Street Race BB N/A runner-up
Drag Week 2014 - *kapooya*

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 10:56 AM
dfree383

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
That Sucks, you did use a credit card, so you should have some recourse.

Hope everything works out.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlockRanger
What's the username they used?
I have my email address listed in my profile on most sites. I 'think' he got my email address and emailed me through a random email address. I've searched all over the web for MoparBlock and have been unable to find it. I also emailed all the moderators and asked if the email address was on file with their forum. To date, i've received no additional information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfree383
That Sucks, you did use a credit card, so you should have some recourse.

Hope everything works out.
Ya, I've already contacted my credit card about the situation. In all honesty, I'm more angry that people actually do this stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicgator
go on to the fbi internet fraud report division and file a case...
I will certainly do that!

Have a good day!
Michael

2003 F150 Supercrew
BBF
Turbo

1996 Ford Mustang
2.3t w/ HE351VE turbo
12.10 @ 114 mph
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 04:53 PM

I sure hope you get your money back. People like this really piss me off. Some people work for there money others work to take it away from the ones that earn it the proper way. I hope they get this sob and you get your money back.

Sorry for ranting
Kyle
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

sorry to hear that happened to you.
hope your credit card gives you your money back,they should anyway.
paypal will deduct a percentage for returning your money to you. sorta like a fee that they woulda missed out on so you get shorted.
hope it all works out for you. john
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 11:30 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Track down that 888 number as well. See if it's for a business or at least who is paying the bill for it and what city it rings in. Then contact the local PD there and see if they can track down the guy.

I remember a case where a guy was using his employers numbers for ripping people off. The cops eventually figured out who it was.

Maybe someone on here is a LEO and can [cough] possibly lend Michael a hand in tracking the number if he can't.....[cough]

FWIW, I don't know if you surf the corral.net, but there is a massive manhunt on over there for a particular individual. One member over there has connections and has done a real good job of digging up all of the info on the guy and narrowing down his whereabouts........

Just a thought.

John

87 Mustang, 514, glide, etc...
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 10:49 AM

You should have options.

I have had good luck with Pay Pal and Ebay. They have returned my money twice.
I also was screwed on some Boss Hemi heads I purchased from a guy. I used my credit card ( Visa ) and got my money back. You should get good support thru your credit card company.
I think the reason Pay Pal isn't forking over your money is they were duped by this guy. They can go back into his account and retrieve the funds but if he closed it right after getting your cash, Pay Pal has no options. Looks like they are passing the buck onto you but your credit card should come into play and protect you.

With all that mumbo jumbo said........... Use your plastic if you have to, not Pay Pal.

Let us know what happens.

Good Luck

Tom
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 01:59 PM

Michael,

have you contacted the authorities yet. If not post up all of the contact info you have on the person. The internet has a funny way of making people cough up money or merchandise. Especially when they receive phone calls from tons of people knowing what they did.

John

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 01:46 AM

some info

hi,sorry to hear about your loss,i was scammed too,and i never recieved a penny back,i didnt like it when it happened to me,and i sure dont like it that it happened to you.its people like that,that makes us not trust other people when we do transactions over the internet.i am gonna try and help you get your money back,i found some schines in florida,mostly in tampa,there is a J S Schine in tampa,no address but i got a phone number.i havent tried to contact that person,because i dont want to jeprodize your case,but if you want the numbers,of the 3 i found n florida,please reply back,and i will get them to you.i looked in ny,there is a bunch of them there,but none that start with the letter j.the gmail account he used is from google,they have a free email service that reminds me of yahoo,i did a member search,and pulled the addy up,then somehow my screen closed,and i cant find it again,there was a profile with it,so as soon as i get more out of that ill post it here for you.again let me say im sorry for your loss,but with the help you have here and else where,im sure all of us can find out who ripped you offim also in the process of looking at all of the other email servers,maybe he used that name with some other email provider,sincerly odie241
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 02:20 AM

mikeyox

[email protected] october 19 1975
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

I'm pretty sure the name is not real. He has used a different name for each person he's scammed (apparently Paypal doesn't notice).

I have not been able to find anything whatsoever on the phone #'s either.

I was watching the news a couple months ago and seen something that caught my eye. You can go out and buy a 'calling card'. This calling card allows you to change the information the other person (me) sees on the caller ID display.

For example, they could make it say:

White House
457-555-5555

and that's what would show up on the caller id. The news was warning people of possible scams. I 'think' this may be what the guy is doing.

Michael D.

2003 F150 Supercrew
BBF
Turbo

1996 Ford Mustang
2.3t w/ HE351VE turbo
12.10 @ 114 mph
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 12:09 PM

Yeah, but didn't you say you called him at an 888 number? Only other thing would be him using prepaid cell service for you to call him, but I've never heard of a cell phone with an 888 number.

You should be able to search on the net for that 888 number. Maybe he screwed up and posted an 888 number to his place of employment.....

John

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 12:22 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in