429/460 Engine Componentry (Blocks Heads Cranks, etc.) - 460 Ford Forum
The Auction Block Buy, Sell, Trade your parts and pieces!!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 187 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)

429/460 Engine Componentry (Blocks Heads Cranks, etc.)

• D3VE Heads, bare, cleaned and passed mag check: $125 pr.
  • D0VE Heads, bare, cleaned and passed mag check: $275 pr.
  • D1VE blocks, pass car blocks never raced or abused, ready for degrease/machining: $195 ea.
  • 2Y cranks, internal balance, as pulled from cylinder blocks, needs polish or undersize, $85 ea.
  • 3Y cranks, external balance, as pulled from cylinder blocks, needs polish or undersize, $65 ea.

All prices plus shipping. Multiple purchase discounts available in most any combination. Local delivery available (SF Bay Area and beyond).

Call or PM if interested.

Paul

We're On The Web; Click Below:
High Flow Dynamics
Performance Components for the 429/460 Engine Family

Last edited by Paul Kane; 03-01-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 187 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

All components in stock and ready to ship.

Paul

High Flow Dynamics
post #3 of 187 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 11:13 PM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Send a message via MSN to fordsbyjay
Can you sonic test the blocks or are they already sonic tested? And how much $$$$$?

Thanks,

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid-in-sideways, totally worn out, shouting.."holy crap.... what a ride!"

post #4 of 187 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordsbyjay
Can you sonic test the blocks or are they already sonic tested? And how much $$$$$?

Thanks,
Jay, they are not sonic checked but are unassembled tear downs ready for degrease & machine. The important thing here is that they are standard bore.

I assume you are inquiring about sonic checking in hopes of finding a "big bore capable" cylinder block...I suppose it could be said that we are taking as much of a chance selling a non-sonic tested block (that may have big bore capability) as the person purchasing one.

None of these blocks have been sonic checked, but if we were to sonic check a block and it shows 4.500" bore capability, I garantee you that it won't be sold for $125. :mrgreen:

Paul

High Flow Dynamics

Last edited by Paul Kane; 01-16-2013 at 11:48 AM.
post #5 of 187 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 01:57 AM

Send a message via MSN to fordsbyjay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Kane
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordsbyjay

Thanks,
Jay, what we are offering is a standard bore block for a hundred bucks. They are not sonic checked but are unassembled tear downs ready for degrease & machine. The important thing here is that they are standard bore.

I assume you are inquiring about sonic checking in hopes of finding a "big bore capable" cylinder block...I suppose it could be said that we are taking as much of a chance selling a non-sonic tested block (that may have big bore capability) as the person purchasing one.

None of these blocks have been sonic checked, but if we were to sonic check a block and it shows 4.500" bore capability, I garantee you that it won't be sold for $100. :mrgreen:

Paul
LOL, well I wasn't planning on going that big, I was just curious. I was planning on getting a block from you but I spend all my cash on huge brakes (you know its a funny thing, when I was 16 brakes were the last thing I would spend money on). I still need to get wheels and stuff so it will be awhile yet. I am sure there will still be plenty of blocks around when the time comes.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid-in-sideways, totally worn out, shouting.."holy crap.... what a ride!"
post #6 of 187 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 07:51 AM

How much would shipping be to me at 31904? I guess these will be truck shipped and have to be picked up at the terminal.

Here is a newbie dumb question.. Which would be the better of the two on doing a stroker kit on.. truck or car?

I want one, just need to work the details out..
post #7 of 187 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted
How much would shipping be to me at 31904? I guess these will be truck shipped and have to be picked up at the terminal.

Here is a newbie dumb question.. Which would be the better of the two on doing a stroker kit on.. truck or car?

I want one, just need to work the details out..
Steve,

We've been shipping the blocks via Forward Air ( www.forwardair.com ), which is a ground freight company. Yes, it is from terminal-to-terminal and in this case wold be from San Francisco to the southern side of Atlanta (College Park). As of late, shipping across the country is about $46 per 100 lbs + 13% fuel surcharge...or about $150 +/-. Please check with Forward Air and ask about shipping from their San Francisco terminal to their Atlanta terminal; crated block would weigh about 240 pounds and dimensions would be only a little more than the bare block itself (perhaps 28x24x18).

Either the D1VE or the D9TE blocks are suitable for strokers. That being said, some people prefer the D9TE when it comes to the 4.5 stroke deal with the 6.700" connecting rod...but even that combination works in either block, technically.

Paul

High Flow Dynamics
post #8 of 187 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 11:17 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I bought a block and crank from Paul. Just wanted to tell you guys it was a pleasure doing business with him.
post #9 of 187 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Dave,

It was a pleasure meeting you. You have quite the collection of 385 Series projects! Good luck with the build using the newlypurchased block and crank and as always, any questions just ask.

Paul

High Flow Dynamics
post #10 of 187 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 02:40 PM

how much to ship a block and crank to 79606 in Abilene, TX?

bang'n price on a block. everywhere in this area is 300 bucks asking price.....on a standard bore bare block....crazy talk is what it is.
post #11 of 187 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhtStng
how much to ship a block and crank to 79606 in Abilene, TX?

bang'n price on a block. everywhere in this area is 300 bucks asking price.....on a standard bore bare block....crazy talk is what it is.
Thanks for the compliment on the pricing; sometimes there are great deals on engines out there, etc., but overall compared to typical retail pricing of these components, our prices are certainly reasonable. By the way, stay tuned for Stage 1 prepped blocks coming soon (cleaned, magged, and HFD block oiling mods already executed).

The closest Forward Air shipping dock to you is in Dallas, and I suspect that the fuel costs to pick up the block will eat your savings. I will look into other shipping options and PM if/when I find an alternate that works in your case.

Paul

High Flow Dynamics
post #12 of 187 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 03:38 PM

Shipping quote

How much would shipping a block to Huntsville, AL, 35758 be? Forward Air has a terminal here in Huntsville, AL. I have a 512 stroker kit that I need a block for.

Mike
post #13 of 187 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 07:48 AM

awesome man, apreciate it.....yeah dallas is about 2.5 hours from me.

let me know
post #14 of 187 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Re: Shipping quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbf80
How much would shipping a block to Huntsville, AL, 35758 be? Forward Air has a terminal here in Huntsville, AL. I have a 512 stroker kit that I need a block for.

Mike
Mike,

Via Forward Air ( www.forwardair.com ), terminal-to-terminal in this case would be from San Francisco to Huntsville, AL. As of late, shipping across the country is about $46 per 100 lbs + 13% fuel surcharge...or about $150 +/-. Please check with Forward Air and ask about shipping from their San Francisco terminal to their Huntsville terminal as it may be a little less; crated block would weigh about 240 pounds and dimensions would be only a little more than the bare block itself (perhaps 28x24x18).

Paul

High Flow Dynamics
post #15 of 187 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 06:44 PM

Timing Pointer

Hey Paul. Do you have a stock timing pointer? I have built an old OMC marine 460 to put in my 71 Ranchero and all I really need is the pointer. I am going to check the dealer next.
My baby..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in