1974 Gran Torino "Q" code - 460 Ford Forum
The Auction Block Buy, Sell, Trade your parts and pieces!!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

1974 Gran Torino "Q" code

Well it's time for me to get this one out of the way, with the projects I have I'll never really get around to doing anything with it. It was a Q code 351 with a c6 and 3.25:1 rear. Don't have a title, because the previous owner is dead I was told, but may not be worth fixing up, I'll let the pics do the talking there. The drive train is gone, but the 3.25:1 rear is still there. I know were the motor is. If anyone is interested I can get the guys number. He wouldn't sale me the motor with the car when I got it, because he put it in his pos 76' Ford wrecker. Anyways he may have the tranny also. It's been awhile so he may part now. Last time I looked at it though it was all there carb to oil pan, correct numbers and all. Also the hood is missing, but the hindges are there. The car has the Gran Torino Sport badges on the fenders, but has the opera windows with Brogham stamped in them. The vin says it's a Brougham, so I'm not sure what was going on there, but the car is all original, from what I can tell and have been told. It has the sport gauges with the tach, oil, volt,water,and clock. The interior is in really good shape, except the headliner is coming down in the back. The carpet still has the part number tag under it. Everything inside is there including the original AM radio, and cruise control. It was an A/C car so it has the tinted glass, but none of it is damaged, it cleaned up nice. The windows work flawless, but doors have rust in them. I do believe the build sheet is in it also, I felt it under the front seat in the springs, but don't feel like trying to get it. Floors feel soft so Im going to assume it needs pans. The trunk has pin holes in it also. Crossmember and drive shaft go with it, plus the power steering. The grille is in excellent shape. It's been hit in the passenger side quarter, and the drivers fender down low in front of the wheel. It was a vinyl top car, but the roof is in great shape minus surface rust. Car also has power disc brakes and mag wheels, but Im keeping the wheels for another project. Most of the trim is there except the peice that was on the quarter that got hit. And some wheel well moulding.

Here's the technical stuff:

VIN : 4A32Q*******
Data Plate:
Body: 65K
Color: 6N
Trim: FY
Trans: U
Axle: 9
DSO: 22

I'm asking $600.00 for it. I'm located in NC . I don't want to have to part it out, because I'm sure I can get more that way, but rather not fool with it right now. Also needs to be picked up, I have a way to load it, just needs 4 wheels to go back on it.
Here's the link to the pics.
http://www.putfile.com/thunderguns71/images/151679

Thanks for looking,
Sean

The Disfunctional Family Tree :P
1971 Mustang 429
1968 Fairlane 390
1961 Falcon 144
1969.5 SuperBee 440 SixPack
1971 Torino 351C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in