WTB Dipstick and tube for 460 engine and a C6 transmission - 460 Ford Forum
The Auction Block Buy, Sell, Trade your parts and pieces!!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WTB Dipstick and tube for 460 engine and a C6 transmission

I am installing a 460 and C6 I pulled from an 84 Van, into my short wheel base 66 F100 2 wheel drive. I need the screw in dipstick and tube from a truck 460 (the van deal is really long). And I need the shorter transmission dipstick and tube from any C6 that came behind a 460 in a car or truck. And while I'm at it I need the internal transmission shift lever for a truck with C6 (points straight ahead) and the matching kick down lever. The part number on the shift arm will be D3TE and some other numbers. I am using a tilt column from a 78 F250 and want to use the stock Ford shift linkage. Please call for clarification 435 628-2700 Thanks! I have done this install before using all ford parts. My 460 installations look like Ford did it. Last long too.
Thanks!
Bill

William-in-Saint-George
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 01:49 PM

the Van Oil pan has the dipstick hole in a different location then the truck pan meaning the truck dipstick and tube prolly give you a bogus reading

or you could do like ford did and just use a front sump oil pan and timing cover dipstick

prolly best to shorten your tube and cut down the stick and mark it where you want your oil level
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Dip Stick Issue

I did use a Van dipstick tube that I cut down and a regular front dipstick in another 460/F100 project. And that works fine. I just wanted or thought I wanted a screw in dipstick and tube from a pickup 460. The front sump pans put the drain plug over the crossmember and are a general PITA to work with. I guess I'll wait for an offer or relist my WTB just for the transmission parts I need. Thanks for the tip about the different locations for truck pans with screwin dipstick.

William-in-Saint-George

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 07:46 AM

the front sump in my 79 2wd dumps right behind the crossmember it is aimed towards the back of the engine

I have a bunch of transmission linkage only down side is that they are for the 4wd thus aimed wrong for your application
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in