1973 Montego GT Parts: hood, fenders, quarter, ect.... $550 - 460 Ford Forum
The Auction Block Buy, Sell, Trade your parts and pieces!!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

1973 Montego GT Parts: hood, fenders, quarter, ect.... $550

Parts are in Michigan, click link for pictures and info. http://community.webtv.net/fordmuscle/montego
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 186 Post(s)

Garage
I don't know who taught you how to chop a quarter panal, but the one you're trying to sell is complete junk now. It's the fastback roof that's unique with these cars, not the lowers.

Should have tried to sell the body complete before cutting it up like that. Only 132 of these cars left now I guess. :roll:

Fastest street legal BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest AFR headed BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest street legal 2nd gen Montego GT on EARTH!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 08:39 PM

His name is quite fooling he is not a car guy posts all the time over at FM also with cut up junk not selling the right parts, he wanted 250$ for the grill from that car, whats sad is he has a 73 torino fastback not very rare, stripped down to no drivetrain and wanted over 2500 for it but didn't try to sell the montego, i wish he would just stop buying cars and let other people find them

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 09:06 PM

That is a shame !! I'd like to have gotten my hands on that car before he made scrap metal out of it

Dan Hobbs 2004 Super Pro Champion Windy Hollow 2002 NHRA National Dragster Challenge Super Pro Champion Beech Bend Raceway Best ET 5.290 @ 132.95 1.14 60 Ft. 575 injected alcohol 2008 & 2009 BBF Bash PRO Champion(The Guy With 2 BIG Checks)2010FunFord Super Pro Winner @Norwalk,Oh. 2011 NHRA National HotRod Reunion Gas Eliminator Champion..2012 Ford Thunder Q-16 Heads Up Champion

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Guys, come on.... The Montego was junk, no floor pans, frame and roof was rusted thru, passangers side quarter was home made, no drive train, you get the picture, NO way to save that car. The parts I have is all that was good, and as far as cutting the quarter, the car had a vinyl roof and the fastback roof line was rusted out. Also, on my 73 fastback to this other guy that keeps slamming my car, a rust free body shell in Michigan is worth alot more than other places, anyway, a guy's coming to buy it this weekend. Any body else want to slam me???????????????
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 08:36 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to RyanJ
I've been searching for YEARS for (mostly) rust-free patch panels that would fit my Elite... I might be interested in your stuff if it wasn't pick-up only and if you'd sell the parts separately.

1975 Ford Elite
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...lite_small.jpg
  • Factory 460, work-in-progress...
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Ya, the cost of shipping big sheet metal parts, is costly. Plus I have no way of boxing the stuff, so thta's why I put pick-up only. Sorry. [p.s.] for the other guys, why would you post negetive stuff on some ones "for sale" ad when you don't even know me. This isn't a discussion forum, it's the classifieds. Also, to the Montego GT guy, the car was for sale, for a month on the Montego GT board, so you had plenty of time to buy the rust hulk belore I parted it. I've been in the car hobby for 30 years, and have had 75 differant Ford's and Mercs for the 60's and 70's. If you want to complain, e-mail me direct [email protected] [thanx, E.J.] and my home page is www.mercurymuscle.net
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbu8554
His name is quite fooling he is not a car guy posts all the time over at FM also with cut up junk not selling the right parts, he wanted 250$ for the grill from that car, whats sad is he has a 73 torino fastback not very rare, stripped down to no drivetrain and wanted over 2500 for it but didn't try to sell the montego, i wish he would just stop buying cars and let other people find them
I'm not sure you have that much to complain to other people about when it comes to taking care of classic iron.

Aren't you the guy who abandonded a 73 Montego GT in a body shop parking lot and did not know it was gone until you saw it on ebay?

You know what they say about people in glass houses, right.

Mike Howard.

408 CID 10.0:1 CR Dynoed 581 HP @ 7000
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...gaCleve2-2.jpg
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 12:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to psquare75
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJ
I've been searching for YEARS for (mostly) rust-free patch panels that would fit my Elite... I might be interested in your stuff if it wasn't pick-up only and if you'd sell the parts separately.
*COUGH*

I've been sitting on stuff for you for years, :roll:
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 07:13 PM

Hey Mercury Muscle , do you have any 66 comet stuff or know where I might locate some? I thought your old merc looked better in the pics I saw of it? It's yours ,you can do as you choose anyway.

Dan Hobbs 2004 Super Pro Champion Windy Hollow 2002 NHRA National Dragster Challenge Super Pro Champion Beech Bend Raceway Best ET 5.290 @ 132.95 1.14 60 Ft. 575 injected alcohol 2008 & 2009 BBF Bash PRO Champion(The Guy With 2 BIG Checks)2010FunFord Super Pro Winner @Norwalk,Oh. 2011 NHRA National HotRod Reunion Gas Eliminator Champion..2012 Ford Thunder Q-16 Heads Up Champion

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Sorry Mr. 56tbird, but I don't have, or know of any 66 comet parts. I'm into the 72-79 mid size, full frame, Ford's and Merc's. E.J.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 07:31 PM

Sorry he didn't have the car for sale at least not anywhere I frequent, He has the parts listed for sale over at mercurymontegogt.com but not the whole car..

As far as my montego, no I didn't leave it at the body shop parking lot, I had it inside of my buddies shop, and had paid rent on it a year in advance, after about 6 months he started moving out of his shop and put the car outside, without telling me then I go down to work on it and found out that it had been towed, and auctioned off and sat around till someone bought it and decided to start fixing it up.

You should know this because you own this car and I talked to you about it over the phone, btw I found the title if you still want it.

My biggest problem is he sells things at much over inflated prices on parts that are not rare enough to warrant the prices, and I say something about it I am the dickhead?

I do know I did wrong this could be this guys living, and I could be messing with it, but its also our money that is being spent on parts I have yet to see this "ford guy" contribute to any posts on any forum anywhere its always sales stuff, and I may be a dick but that's what eBay and craigslist are for.

I know 460ford does not have any rules saying you must be a participating member to sell things and I don't think you should but, most of these forums are communities and mercurymuscle just reminds me of someone passing through selling stuff but of all the stuff he has sold I don't know anyone on any of the ford forums that has purchased from him.

Also just because you have owned over 75 fords doesn't make you a ford guy, my local junk yard guy has owned hundreds and he does the same thing you do he aint a ford guy either.

But in the end I am in the wrong this is your post, and I did not think about the fact I could be effecting your income and that is always wrong so I apologize for starting **** with you.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbu8554

My biggest problem is he sells things at much over inflated prices on parts that are not rare enough to warrant the prices, and I say something about it I am the dickhead?

I do know I did wrong this could be this guys living, and I could be messing with it, but its also our money that is being spent on parts I have yet to see this "ford guy" contribute to any posts on any forum anywhere its always sales stuff, and I may be a dick but that's what eBay and craigslist are for.

I know 460ford does not have any rules saying you must be a participating member to sell things and I don't think you should but, most of these forums are communities and mercurymuscle just reminds me of someone passing through selling stuff but of all the stuff he has sold I don't know anyone on any of the ford forums that has purchased from him.

Also just because you have owned over 75 fords doesn't make you a ford guy, my local junk yard guy has owned hundreds and he does the same thing you do he aint a ford guy either.

But in the end I am in the wrong this is your post, and I did not think about the fact I could be effecting your income and that is always wrong so I apologize for starting **** with you.
You apologize AFTER you blast him????? Your comments are your opinion and you certainly are entitled to them, but unless you have been ripped off by E.J. you should keep those comments to your self!!!
I purchased the '73 GTS fstbk off E.J. and not only did I get it for a fair price, I got tuns of extra parts. Heck, he even gave my son a remote control monster Ford F150 truck!!!!! E.J. is alright with me. And being at his shop I would believe he knows plenty about Fords, maybe more than you! I've been messing with Fords for 30 years too, Torinos mostly, and I can't see were you got your opinions from. If you don't like what he sells then avoid him, but if you didn't buy anything from him then don't be bad mouthing him. Just because you think his prices are too high doesn't mean everyone else thinks they are too. And by the way, he does post on the TORINO COBRA forum and sells to. Get all the facts before you start bashing someone!
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 07:05 PM

bashing

my god, you guys are terrible!! the guy junked out an old car to make a little money, still a free country last time I checked. it is his , he can haul it away to the scrap yard if he wants to. we have all done that at some time, haven't we? :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 07:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to psquare75
I'll chime in for E.J. as well, he's been more than helpful to me with my Cougar as well, he even has a board setup for the 77-79 cars.

He hasn't done anything wrong IMO. I know I always check what he has for sale.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in