My god I never thought I'd do this - selling the BEAST - 460 Ford Forum
The Auction Block Buy, Sell, Trade your parts and pieces!!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Send a message via Yahoo to Greenbroncoguy
My god I never thought I'd do this - selling the BEAST

I always thought I would be burried in this truck - but since I am leaving for the ARMY in January, it looks like I will not have the pleasure. It breaks my heart (and that of my father's, I'm sure...) to have to do this, but I guess its for the best right now...

Rather than type out everything, I have included a link to my Cardomain page below so you can see most everything I've done to the truck from the FRAME UP. If anyone has any questions or concerns for me, please feel free to contact me by email at [email protected], or call me on my cell anytime at 863-670-5119.

I have receipts for the $28,000+ that I have put into this truck in the past few years, and while I know its still not complete, there's no way you could build this truck again for that much. With the engine, I am asking $15,500, and without I need to get somewhere close to $12,500. I have a few offers around town, and people coming to look at it are keeping me busy, but mostly people think becasue its an "old truck", I'll get rid of it for $5k - sorry, that's not going to happen. I'll keep it and let it sit and rot first while I'm gone and rebuild when I get out.

I also wanted to add that I may be willing to trade for a streetbike (crotch-rocket) in good condition...I've been thinking about selling my car and just getting a bike to ride until I leave. Actually, I may be looking for a truck w/ a diesel too - I guess if anyone has any trades to offer, let me know. Just thought I'd throw that out there...

Any questions, please let me know. The above pic is not current - the body still looks like that, but the front coil sprung D44 has since been swapped out for a leaf-sprung D60. You'll have the check out the Cardomain page for everything, don't go by the pic alone. Also, you will need to go to the last few pages on the cardomain site to see the latest updates to what I have done...

Link to Car Domain page:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2107243

-Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 05:28 PM

just hang on to it and take it to where ever you get stationed, store it with someone for the period of boot camp and tech scool

rick

63 galaxie, solid roller 557, c-6, 9" 4.30 gears
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63boxtop
just hang on to it and take it to where ever you get stationed, store it with someone for the period of boot camp and tech scool

rick
Storing it is not really a problem right now - I just don't think I am going to have the time to work on it once I get it, plus I won't be able to use it. Also, I'll have to keep taking it with me every time I get stationed somewhere. It's just too much of a hassle. Plus, I racked up a substantial amount of debt when building it, so selling it off would be nice so I could get out from under that.

-Matt

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Upity
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

to tha tops
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Up again
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 03:54 PM

The great thing about basic and AIT is don't have time to spend money. If you love this thing and have invested that much into it. You are always going to resent getting rid of it. In the army you can eat 'till your fat for less that $10 a day if you go to the chow hall for all your meals. Thats IF your getting paid BAS (food $ about $200 for a PFC). If not its free. On top of that you'll most likely be deploying within a year after AIT, so thats a years worth of saving you can do. The Army will store your vehicle for free wihile your gone

Besides you WILL want to build something else down the road. So your going to take a $15000 hit on this project just to spend another $20K later on something else. Doesn't make much sense to me. If you can store it, keep it.

Besides, I really hope your getting a bonus to sign up. Most of my troops coming in now days are getting $20K signing bonuses. What ever you do GET PAID FIRST!

I've been in for almost 12 yrs so if you have questions please ask.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 06:01 PM

man keep it

I kept my 70 cyclone all thru 5 years. I brought it with me when I was stationed state side. you wouldn't believe all the great four wheeling you can do "in the back 40". a great friend and I wheeled his 78 all the time at ft Campbell. even went down I on three wheels once( long story) ft Stewart GA is also great for wheeling. good luck. " air assault"
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replys everyone. It looks like I'll be keeping the Bronco for a while, as the money situation has been fixed for nopw and I have a place to store the truck.

I appreciate all the interest - and the engine is still for sale. I just don't think I can stand to get rid of my truck knowing what all I put into it since I was 14.

Again, I appreciate all the interest and please keep me in mind in case anyone you know is in need of a bad a$$ 466 :twisted:

-Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in