Sheet Metal Intakes - 460 Ford Forum
The Auction Block Buy, Sell, Trade your parts and pieces!!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Lt1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sheet Metal Intakes

Welding prices start at $100.00 per hour, set up charges also included. Progressive Welding & Fab. ask for Larry 630.649.1543.

Free markets keep us all working, unless you work & live in a third world country.

Last edited by Lt1; 03-01-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 11:27 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

3rd world country

thats where were headed because of the free markets,,,aint nobody gonna be able to afford to pay 100 bucks an hour
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 05:59 AM

Thats Just what I was going to ask ..and how many hours do you think it would take to weld up one of those kit intakes ?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 06:30 AM

You know the other day I was watching one of those Jay Leno video's and it was on the Lincon Welders. Jay was saying you "Should" know a welder because someday your going to need him to put something that broke back together for ya. And then this spokesman for lincon welders comes on and say yes a Highly trained welder can make up to $100,000.00 a year if not more using his trade. Good welders are coming hard to find these days. Well I been a welder for over 30 years now, When I left the trade I was making $13.50 hr as a production welder, Now I hear there making $18.50 hr. in this area.

So lets see 18.50 x 5405 hr per year = 100,000.00 Normal work year is 2080 hrs. so he'd only be working 104 hr a week. but at $100.00 per hour then he's only need to 1000 hours. That's only 19.2 hours a week .. ya that's sound like my kinda work week.

www.shazampulling.com

The older I get the less I seem to know.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 08:02 AM

My doctor doesn't charge $100.00 per hour!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Lt1

Sheet Metal Intakes

Call around, get some prices. You may be surprised at the cost, these things aren't done for free. Check with 96Mustang460cid, he has someone that is welding for him they may be cheaper.

Good luck.

Last edited by Lt1; 03-01-2009 at 08:31 AM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

i would pay 100 per hour ---but those welds better be flawless ...... you pay for what you get guys ...attention to detail . Im not sticking u for anybody here or trying to put a value on his service but in my eyes iwould pay around 500 - 750 to get those intakes welded up ....just my percieved value........ so that would give him around 5-7 hours to do the job ------ ??? could it be done in that amout of time ?? i dont know ..... but like i said quality of work and customer service ----- price doesnt matter to me

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUKPULR View Post
You know the other day I was watching one of those Jay Leno video's and it was on the Lincon Welders. Jay was saying you "Should" know a welder because someday your going to need him to put something that broke back together for ya. And then this spokesman for lincon welders comes on and say yes a Highly trained welder can make up to $100,000.00 a year if not more using his trade. Good welders are coming hard to find these days. Well I been a welder for over 30 years now, When I left the trade I was making $13.50 hr as a production welder, Now I hear there making $18.50 hr. in this area.

So lets see 18.50 x 5405 hr per year = 100,000.00 Normal work year is 2080 hrs. so he'd only be working 104 hr a week. but at $100.00 per hour then he's only need to 1000 hours. That's only 19.2 hours a week .. ya that's sound like my kinda work week.
The rate you make is different then what the company or a private company will charge.....

you $18.50 rate is probably charged at $55-$65 depending on Insurance and Tax Rates Used.

I work In Construction and it is not unheard of to see $100 per Hour Rates, or even higher for specilty stuff. Its not just Labor Your paying for.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfree383 View Post
The rate you make is different then what the company or a private company will charge.....

I work In Construction and it is not unheard of to see $100 per Hour Rates, or even higher for specilty stuff. Its not just Labor Your paying for.
It all depends on what the market will bear and what your employer values your skill at. I am a welder / machinist with 29 years experience. When I left the Cat dealer in TN 5 yrs ago I was at the top of their pay scale making $19.50 for work they were charging $100 for. In contrast, I now live in TX doing exactly the same job making $27 for work this company is charging $95.00 for. And up until we got slow after the first of this year, I was allowed to work as many hours of overtime as I wanted.
The differences being here we have more competition and a larger employee turnover. Also a more diverse pay scale. I work with guys making $10.00 less per hour than me, vs in TN everybody was within a couple dollars per hour of each other, and upper management there felt that a trained monkey could do my job. Thus my decision to move back to Texas and work for folks who appreciate skilled labor and are willing to pay to keep experienced help from going elsewhere.

Bob Meyer
www.BIGBLOCKFOX.com
'69 Mach1 390 4-spd, '64 Falcon Futura

Last edited by BBBob_M; 03-01-2009 at 11:37 AM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 11:33 AM

Welding

Do you have the specialized tooling needed to weld down inside a port of a aluminum head?

"The more hair I lose, the more head I get"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in