1988 Big Block Mustang - 460 Ford Forum
The Auction Block Buy, Sell, Trade your parts and pieces!!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

1988 Big Block Mustang

Street Legal Big Block 1988 Mustang LX Hatchback: All metal body with a hinged fiberglass hood. 8 point roll cage, welded in subframe connectors. Autometer 5" tach with shift light, oil pressure and water temp gauges. Optima red top battery and outside shutoff installed in tire well. All lights headlights, tail lights and turn signal are operational. All windows are glass. Power windows and door locks are operational. 4 point seat harness mounted to the cage. Manuel rack and pinion steering, manuel Aerospace Components 4 wheel disc brakes. Tubular K member.

Suspension: Eibach springs at all four corners. Lakewood front struts and rear shocks. Southside Machine upper and lower rear differential lift bars. Subframe connectors. Pinion snubber. Individually adjustable Airbags mounted in rear springs with a super heavy duty one mounted in the right spring.

Brakes: An entire front and rear Aerospace Components disc brake system consisting of aluminum 4 piston calipers, aluminum hats and drilled rotors, a non vacuum master cylinder. Stainless steel braided brake hoses.

Engine: 1971 Ford 460 bored .30 over for 466 cubic inches. Forged SRP flattop pistons, 11.0 to 1 comp ratio. Cobra Jet rods with ARP bolts. ARP main studs. Balanced rotating assembly, Ford racing high volume pump and 6qt pan.. Lunati custom ground mechanical roller cam (BBC profile on a BBF blank), comp cams roller lifters and magnum roller rockers. Double roller timing chain with roller thrust bearings. Aluminum Trick Flow heads, with 60 hours of port and polish work. Intake and exhaust ports are gasket matched, valve bowls blended, all casting flashing removed and combustion chambers CCd and polished. Stainless 2.20 Intake, 1.76 exhaust Ferrea valves (port, flow, chamber specs will be provided to the winning bidder). Comp cams springs to match cam with 10 degree locks, studs and guide plates. There is over $2500 in the heads alone. Weiand 8021 CJ stealth intake, Demon 850 carb, MSD billet distributor with MSD blaster coil and MSD 6AL with cockpit adjustable rev limiter. Hooker super comp multi piece headers with 3 inch exhaust to Hooker mufflers. Electric water pump, Be Cool aluminum radiator. Mini Super starter. Holley black fuel pump and regulator, #10 steel braided line from tank to regulator. 100 amp alternator mounted low. Engine makes a solid 600 horsepower and tons of torque, power range is 3500-6500 rpm. This roller cam is the most streetable of any on the market.

Transmission: 1975 C6 built to hold 800 HP in case I wanted to try a little nitrous. Hardened input shafts, upgraded drums to hold double the stock clutches, All clutches and Band are Red Alto. All Steels are Kolene. Stage 2 pump. TCI valvebody with Cheetah shifter. Roller bearings, Billet servo and a TCI 10" 3500 stall convertor, Aluminum shield. I have not listed everything in the trans but I built it myself and have over $900 in parts alone in it not counting the converter.

Rear End: Ford 8.8 with Strange 33 spline axles, Strange Spool, Ford Racing 3.73 gears, a Summit girdle cover, and C clip elimators. Custom made heavy duty driveshaft.

Rims and tires: Centerline rims, rears are 15 by 8.5s, 4.5 BS with 275/60 15 Mickey Thompson ET streets. Fronts are 15 by 5 with Mickey Thompson front runners. Front and rear tires are in good condition. Rear wheel well could hold a 15 by 10 rim if the BS was increased to 5.5 inches.

Paint and Body: I would rate the paint as a 7 out of 10. It is presentable but definitely not show quality. The rear deck hatch had some rust repaired on the inside of the lower rear lip. There is also a small amount of jack damage by the lower left front fender, it is not noticeable unless you look for it. I purchased the car in this condition. If I were to keep the car I would replace the rear deck hatch with a fiberglass one to remove more weight. Other than the above the car is clean.

The car is a fairly new build as you can see from some of the pics while I was building it. A set of slicks and 150-200 shot of nitrous would make this a high 9 sec car. The drive train will last a longtime as well. I set it up to rev limit at 6200 rpm, shift at 6000 rpm and come through the traps at 5800 rpm. I built the engine, trans and rear end so there is no guessing what parts are in them. I will include an extra 460 short block, standard bore, standard crank and a set of Ford Racing 4.56 gears in case the car is used on an 1/8 mile track.
See pictures at http://s688.photobucket.com/albums/vv249/agnassi
Located in Richmond, va
$7500

Last edited by BigAl; 03-11-2009 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Following the rules
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in