Need fe motor parts, and a car - 460 Ford Forum
The Auction Block Buy, Sell, Trade your parts and pieces!!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Need fe motor parts, and a car

I'm looking for a 428 pi, cj, or a 410, or a stou 390. Also looking for a 6x2( thats 6 two barrel carbs) Edelbrock intake for an fe. I have some cash, and some ford parts to trade, depends on what you have and what you want for it. I'm also looking for a 60's Ford galaxie. A runner is what I want, doesnt have to be immaculate, or drag ready. I'm just looking for a plain jane, Galaxie, preferably a 500 but what have you got? Its gonna get turned into a moonshine tribute car. Brake light cut outs, black, 4 speed, fe with 6 deuces, black steelies with dog dish hub caps. Let me know. Thanks Lcpl Duncan USMC

Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S you know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 08:06 AM

Talking

not a galaxy but something to ponder, not mine by the way
only fe parts i have are some fe valve covers that say mercury on them

https://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127340

70 mercury cyclone gt, 429 4-speed
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Believe me I looked at it long and hard, but I'm not wanting a drag car. If your from the south, you have an idea of what I want. A moonshine car. Something that will take the tight *** turns on the back country roads, at speed, and will run out to 140+ mph on the straights.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S you know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

check with john verrmish total performance 1 810 560-3918 he is big time in to 60's fords
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 11:06 AM

Talking go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by purecountry View Post
I'm looking for a 428 pi, cj, or a 410, or a stou 390. Also looking for a 6x2( thats 6 two barrel carbs) Edelbrock intake for an fe. I have some cash, and some ford parts to trade, depends on what you have and what you want for it. I'm also looking for a 60's Ford galaxie. A runner is what I want, doesnt have to be immaculate, or drag ready. I'm just looking for a plain jane, Galaxie, preferably a 500 but what have you got? Its gonna get turned into a moonshine tribute car. Brake light cut outs, black, 4 speed, fe with 6 deuces, black steelies with dog dish hub caps. Let me know. Thanks Lcpl Duncan USMC
go to this link,you will find all you want.lots of fe for sale and good knowledge on how to build it.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/75943/
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 08:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

428 Short Block

I have a 428 industrial short block. It is basically the same as the later 428 CJ service blocks, with thick main webs, and the reinforcment ribs on the outside. There is a freshly turned 1UB SCJ crank .020 / .020, two sets of C7AE-B rods, and the rest of the small parts like timing cover, oil slinger, and balancer.

The block is standard bore but will need to go .030, and has been cleaned and magged with a good bill of heath.

I also have a very nice set of mercury Lightning Bolt pent roof valve covers that can go with it.

I would need to get $1400 for the short block, and another $75.00 for the valve covers.

Thanks, Mike H.

408 CID 10.0:1 CR Dynoed 581 HP @ 7000
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...gaCleve2-2.jpg
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 11:58 PM

galaxie

My uncle has a 63 post car with a 4 speed and floor plate for it he wants $1500 for the car .I know where a running 4 barrel 390 is witha performer intake for $600 too .Thanks Nick D

We have the 62 FORD Galaxie Drag car back home and getting it cleaned up and tuned up for some goodtimes !! 460 AR Cobra Jet heads Dominator , offy portasonic , 620 Solid cam 60 over , fiberglass fenders and hood , Won several times at Pageland S.C.from Recent owner and won many nostalgia dragraces ,grudge runs at Farmington and Mooresville and Old Shuffletown when My Dad and uncle raced it !!! No Electronics ,footbrake car with C6 , Runs 6:80s 1/8 th mile
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 08:36 AM

I've got a 63 Galaxie 2 door hardtop 390 4barrel 3 speed manual trans,I put disc brakes all the way around (lincoln on the back Granada brakes an spindles on the front) with a mustang 2 master cylinder and booster,it would be a great car to build,I started but changed progects.Its straight and all there except for a gas tank,black and red make a great shine runner.If interested email at [email protected]
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

email is sent. very intrested

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 09:21 AM

My uncle has a 428 police cruiser that he is trying to sell. Give him a call and tell him Joe Mayabb told you to call. His name is Wince Mayabb and his number is 606-668-3663.

Joe's Race Parts
From Mild to Wild...
And Everything In Between
www.joesraceparts.com
www.joemayabbracing.com
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purecountry View Post
Call Randy 740-682-3211 Call in morning or early afternoon 10 til 1. He has lots and lots of FE parts. Tell him Rick from 460ford told you

Rick Brown
(LIL TWEETY) BBF 62 Falcon Tube Chassis
Member of a BAND OF BROTHERS

Pro Motion Machining
Perfect Reflections Photography
Bronx Corner Automotive
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 12:59 PM

FE Parts

Have a 390 short block, .060. Good rods. 428 CJ crank. Can use 410 .060 pistons to make a 420 cubic inch FE, IIRC. Very inexpensive.

PM if interested.

Scott Walters
Woodbridge, VA

66 Fairlane GT Convt, built 428 with E-brock heads, Toploader 4 sp
68 GTO convt., 455, TH400
70 RAIV GTO, 400, M21, 4.33
71 Javelin road race project, 401, T10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in