Trade: 2003 Yamaha Raptor - 460 Ford Forum
The Auction Block Buy, Sell, Trade your parts and pieces!!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Trade: 2003 Yamaha Raptor

This is a cut and paste from my Craig's List ad. Some of the machinery may not be an easy swap unless you live close.

I have a 2003 Yamaha Raptor 660R. It starts up easily, idles smoothly, and rides great. It has a new battery, new one-way clutch, rebuilt carbs, fresh oil change and filter, and new drive clutch.

Mechanically, this Raptor is in great condition. This Raptor is ready for heavy trail use. I ride it almost every day for atleast 30 minutes. It never gives me any problems. This may not be the prettiest Raptor on the trails, but it runs trouble-free all day long and won't leave you stranded.

As far as I know, this Raptor has no performance mods except for a K&N air filter. It's factory stock outside of normal wear and tear items.

I'd be interested full or partial trades with:
-- Plasma Cutter with at least 1/2" rough cut capacity
-- Sheetmetal brake, mill, lathe, ect. (Not the import stuff)
-- Magnetic Drill
-- Radial Drill Press
-- 200+ amp 220 volt (single phase) mig welder in good condition
-- Assortment of broaches.
-- Vertical or horizontal band saw
-- Other shop/metal working equipment
-- Dirt track race car (entry level)
-- Turbo (at least 88mm and in good condition)
-- Hardcore BBF parts: 4.5" forged or billet crank (Scat, Eagle, Crower, Bryant, ect), High quality 6.7" rods (Scat, Crower, Lunati, ect), A460, C460, ect. I don't need any stock or mild performance (under 700 hp) parts.
-- Mustang or Ranger with a 2.3t.
-- Cash

The fair market value on the Raptor is ~$3,000. If you're asking for a straight-across trade, please offer something of similar value or be ready to come to the table with some cash .

Call me with questions. 918-760-8450

Have a good day!
Michael

2003 F150 Supercrew
BBF
Turbo

1996 Ford Mustang
2.3t w/ HE351VE turbo
12.10 @ 114 mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Run Forest run.

I'm 58 & a young man would have to run real fast to catch me just to give me that thang.
Neil
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Then you don't know what you are talking about. I just went out and bought my son, daughter and myself 3 raptors and they are the most fun you can have outdoors. Although I respect you not wanting one, cause a man should know his limitations.

Joe

But it's a dry heat!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

C-Leigh:
lol, that's what my wife thought when I brought it home from this years BBF Tech Seminar . I rode a little when in my early twenties (I'm late twenties now), but this thing is definately faster than the ATV I used to have. It took me a bit to get used to it, but it is a ton of fun! Honestly, I can't imagine riding one that had major mods done to it. I am only selling it because I am getting bored riding it in my backyard over and over and over and...

I figure I can take the money from it and get something that is more useful to my car or garage.

Have a good day!
Michael

2003 F150 Supercrew
BBF
Turbo

1996 Ford Mustang
2.3t w/ HE351VE turbo
12.10 @ 114 mph
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 11:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZFairlane View Post
Then you don't know what you are talking about. I just went out and bought my son, daughter and myself 3 raptors and they are the most fun you can have outdoors. Although I respect you not wanting one, cause a man should know his limitations.
Limitations, yeah I guess your right. I might not can ride them like I youst to could, but I can sure build a hot engine, 2 stroke that is.

Just got done with a 88 TRX250R, 310cc cylinder kit ported by me, a + 6 stroker crank & boy that owns it spanked a turbo charged Raptor the other weekend at the local outlaw dirt drag. Talk like that ol boy with the Raptor has dropped a wad in that thing pumping it up.

My daughter races national level Extreme Dirt Track, & placed 4th in the open class on a 330R 2 stroke & 4th in the ladys on a Honda 450R.
I do the wrenching on the 2 smoker & Venom Performance out of M.I. takes care of the wrenching on her 4 poker.

I'll do this, I'll let the guys know about the Raptor for sale on the ATV sites I go to.
atvriders.com trx250r.net atvnc.com
Neil

Last edited by C-Leigh Racing; 05-01-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in