514 For Sale - 460 Ford Forum
The Auction Block Buy, Sell, Trade your parts and pieces!!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

514 For Sale

514 "Fresh Never Fired"

Seasoned de-burred block, Cast Steel 4.140 Stroke Crank, Steel H-Beam 6.8Ē Rods, ARP rod bolts, Clevite 77 rod bearings, main bearing support kit, oil restrictor kit, reworked, chamfered oil passages, 10.8 :1 Speed Pro power forged pistons, Speed Pro Rings, screened and polished lifter valley.

New Super Cobra Jet Aluminum Heads, ARP head bolts, Manley 2.20 intake, 1.76 exhaust valves, molly push rods, Crane 647 lift/258 duration cam, Crane dual valve springs, 1.73 aluminum Milodon roller rockers, guide plates and lock downs, Offenhauser Port-o-Sonic Dominator Manifold, Cloyes double chain, Fluiddampr harmonic balancer, Milodon screened pan, Melling high volume oil pump. The engine also comes with a new Hays balanced aluminum flywheel, 6 bolt pressure plate and super connector clutch.

All parts are NEW, except for the block and crank, which are sound pieces in excellent condition. Will guarantee this engine is sound and will run hard after proper break-in.
Asking $6,000.00. Can arrange shipping.

If interested and would like more info and detail photos, please E-MAIL ME at [email protected].

Thanks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Premium Member

6k is cheap, i have that much in my iron headed 477, if you don't mind why are you selling? Just a little advise, you might also list it on eBay, cause with 12 posts on this board you're sure to get flamed for posting this motor for sell, IMHO. Bumpity bump for a "good" deal.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Premium Member

not to nit pick but i was looking at your previous posts aand noticed in your other listings for this motor you listed a different compression ratio and different cam specs, are you sure you know what you've got?

you really might try interacting with us before you try to sell a 7k+ motor to us, most times only posting in the "auction block" rubs folks the wrong way.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

You really might want to "ACTUALLY" read my previous posts before you stick your two cents in and your foot in your mouth! I know exactly what I have! And yes it is a good price for this engine, being that I have $7,500 into it! So before you go being Mr. Detective, please go read my other posts before judging, assuming and casting suspicion! I've gotten many e-mails on this engine from people who are interested and have actually seen the engine and like what they see! Problem is, money is tight right now for people, as any intelligent person would know!

I sold one of my other 514s on here, similar to this one! That is why the specs are slightly different! I also guarantee this engine is sound! Go read the posts dude!

And if you have over $6,000.00 in an iron head, you may be doing something wrong!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 06:31 AM

Smack down or what?.In any event if you can build an sell 514 s on here may be you shoulda be a contributor then chilly wouldnt have sold out. An you might not have had ya post smack talked

these set backs keep popping up I going to crush this an buy a Toyota
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 09:35 PM

Damn !!! Couldnt you guys just leave him alone ? I'm not sure if I even what in on this B.S. talk about hijackin a freaken thread !!!!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

First off, thank you Streatleathul for backing me up, or at least I think you did! LOL.
Kudos FORD BROTHER!

Now hereís the SMACK DOWN and the REAL WORLD!
I canít believe the idiots on here that continue to bash my post without reading my previous posts first, before jumping the gun with assumptions and suspicions!
Always remember, the first three letters in assumption are ***! You remind me of CHIVYLET & SLOPAR guys! The exact ones I clown on the street! Talk smack and have nothing to back it up! It did surprise me that the moderator on here allowed my post to be bashed, especially when my previous posts (NOTED) why I am selling this (OTHER 514) engine I have! Any normal person would read someoneís previous posts first or at least e-mail that person to ask questions before bashing their post! But I guess some arenít normal on here! Stick to playing with Kangaroos and go buy a CHIVY!

And what does being a contributor on here have anything to do with someone NOT bashing my post? Hmmm, I wonder? Not a G-Damn thing! There is no excuse for bashing my post, other than you morons not bothering to read my previous posts first!

Hereís some info for the wanna be detectives on here:

On 03/14/09 and again on 03/26/09, I (NOTED) in those posts the following:

(NOTE) Please do not confuse this 514 with the other 514 I listed on 460.com and sold. Although similar builds, this is not the same 514. I built this 514 for my Dads 46 Ford Coupe, but he has opted to go with the new Boss 302 instead, so we're
selling it.

Ahhhh, I see said the blind man! You Get It Now? You Comprehend?? Need some more time for your pea size brains to figure it out?

I didnít think I had to keep noting this in my postings! But for some idiots on here that are too frigen lazy to read my previous posts, and would rather talk out of what they sit on, maybe I should!

Some more info for the curious children on here that shouldnít be:

I built THREE 514s and bought all the parts at the same time, which kept the costs down and I was able to build them for roughly $7,500.00 EA. I had no intentions on selling any of these engines! I built two for myself and one for my Dad!
Two of the 514ís I built were identical to one another (One In Which I Sold On Here In Feb) and the third 514 (The One Iím Trying To Sell Now) is slightly different in compression and cam to the other two, I built for my Dad, as noted in my previous posts!

One of the 514ís is in my 78 Cobra II, and itís an *** kicking ďCHIVY THUMPERĒ that I run on the street!

The second 514 (Which Was Identical To The One In My 78 Cobra II) I built for a spare! I ran low on funds trying to finish my full molly tube chassis 66 Ranchero, so I sold that 514 on here! To a very happy buyer I might ad also! She loves it!
Yes, SHE! Pretty fine chick too from Fort Worth, TX. Has a salmon colored 68 Fastback she put the 514 in!

The third 514 (Which Is The One Iím Trying To Sell On Here Now) I built for my Dads 46 Coupe! But after riding in my 78, he decided to go with something a little less bone jarring! So he opted to go with the new Boss 302 Ford has out. This is basically his engine. I posted it on here for him! If I had an extra $6,000.00, Iíd buy it myself and keep it for a spare.

This is the reason weíre selling this engine! No other reason! Nothing is wrong with this engine whatsoever! Itís frigen new for Christís sake! Iíll say it again for the morons on here: This engine WILL run hard after proper break in! No reason it shouldnít!

Iím a TRUE FORD guy that is trying to sell a killer frigen engine for a good price to someone that needs or wants it! Iím not here to BS anybody or rip them off!

I find it to be absolutely ridiculous and sad that I have to write a NOVEL to the dreaming morons on here that have nothing better to do but to bash someoneís post! They obviously donít bother reading previous posts, cast assumptions and suspicions without anything to back their puking mouths up!

With all this being said, please keep your asinine comments to yourself! And try doing a little research first before puking your BS!

To all the other Normal People on 460Ford.com, I apologize for my rants! But some of the children they allow on here piss me off!

Thank You : )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in