DOVE a 4 bolt block + stuff - 460 Ford Forum
The Auction Block Buy, Sell, Trade your parts and pieces!!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DOVE a 4 bolt block + stuff

I have a 4bolt dove block that had to short a deck for my 501 stroker .it is currently std bore but will definately need to be bored .no rust in cylinders ,just tore it down had forged trw pistons 429 flattops on cj rods .this was bought as a running motor .

block $800 prefer local pickup on the block

8pistons and 7 cj rods and1dove non football rod on 1piston plus 1 new ford trw piston $150 shipped .

also have a 429 crank $100

We have the 62 FORD Galaxie Drag car back home and getting it cleaned up and tuned up for some goodtimes !! 460 AR Cobra Jet heads Dominator , offy portasonic , 620 Solid cam 60 over , fiberglass fenders and hood , Won several times at Pageland S.C.from Recent owner and won many nostalgia dragraces ,grudge runs at Farmington and Mooresville and Old Shuffletown when My Dad and uncle raced it !!! No Electronics ,footbrake car with C6 , Runs 6:80s 1/8 th mile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 03:48 PM

Send a message via MSN to powerstrokeace
SO? How short is the block. It must have been milled at some point.
Ace
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 05:56 PM

some stroker kits put the piston out of the early blocks

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

block

it hasnt been milled that I know ,I have a d9 block and the piston still sticks out 5 thousandths .it is a 4.14 stroke 6.8 rods 1.45 compression height I believe from memory lol!But it is one wild child with that 671 on it !! I believe it is a 10.3 early block ,the d1's 10.31 and d9 10.32 that is by memory too so someone can correct me if I am wrong there.

We have the 62 FORD Galaxie Drag car back home and getting it cleaned up and tuned up for some goodtimes !! 460 AR Cobra Jet heads Dominator , offy portasonic , 620 Solid cam 60 over , fiberglass fenders and hood , Won several times at Pageland S.C.from Recent owner and won many nostalgia dragraces ,grudge runs at Farmington and Mooresville and Old Shuffletown when My Dad and uncle raced it !!! No Electronics ,footbrake car with C6 , Runs 6:80s 1/8 th mile

Last edited by mustangsrus803; 01-05-2010 at 06:04 PM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 06:28 PM

With the info you provided by my calculations it adds up to 10.32, in the newer block it should be 0 deck unless the block has been milled IMO.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Smile blower motor

Whats the specs on your blower motor? Looks real nice! Any dyno #'s? I'm running a 871 blown 460 and I'm building a stroker short block to move my top end over eventually. These 385 series really love to be supercharged! Good luck this coming year with your ride. Greg blown473
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 12:22 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to mudbogtom
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangsrus803 View Post
I have a 4bolt dove block that had to short a deck for my 501 stroker .it is currently std bore but will definately need to be bored .no rust in cylinders ,just tore it down had forged trw pistons 429 flattops on cj rods .this was bought as a running motor .

block $800 prefer local pickup on the block
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangsrus803 View Post
it hasnt been milled that I know ,I have a d9 block and the piston still sticks out 5 thousandths .it is a 4.14 stroke 6.8 rods 1.45 compression height I believe from memory lol!But it is one wild child with that 671 on it !! I believe it is a 10.3 early block ,the d1's 10.31 and d9 10.32 that is by memory too so someone can correct me if I am wrong there.
I might be thinking wrong, but is .005" out too much to discard a 4 bolt block over? If not, have you considered a thicker head gasket to make the difference?

Edit: oops... I see the .005 was on a different block... and a D9 block at that.
Tom

Soon to be powered by...
www.carsbycarl.com

Last edited by mudbogtom; 01-06-2010 at 12:25 AM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 07:42 AM

Quoted: 186 Post(s)

Garage
Pistons above deck is no big deal. Just run a thicker gasket. Even if they're +.020 you can run a .060 gasket.

Fastest street legal BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest AFR headed BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest street legal 2nd gen Montego GT on EARTH!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

block

Thanks for all the help on that guys!,I already have the engine together I was building .I was trying to hang on to this block but don't have any plans for it and need the cash.The deck on it is 10.3 and it is std bore.I will take a reasonable offer on it .please PM with offers!! I have the thick gaskets on my engine and they work fantastic with the blower and I was able to get the compression where I wanted it without any hassle !!

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 03:32 PM

will your pistons fit my std 460 block and stock length rods and give me 10 - 10'5:1 CR?

Running late 80's block with ported DOVE heads
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

pistons

It all depends on your deck height ,with dove c heads easily ,with d3 head and a good deck it should be close anyway.the machinest said it would be a possibility that the pistons would have a slap from being used ,have done it before myself and it had a little piston noise but it ran strong on that engine .this is 429 pistons and you can use your rods but you have to have a 429 crank .These are Trw forged pistons and they are heavier than the cast pistons but a lot stronger .hope this helps ,Nick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in