onebaddnotch you are a scammer re sheetmetal intake - 460 Ford Forum
The Auction Block Buy, Sell, Trade your parts and pieces!!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

onebaddnotch you are a scammer re sheetmetal intake

i bought your your intake,, after 3 conversations on the phone this ready 2 weld intake is a piece of sh**.its 1/4 to 3/8 warped and wont sit flat on a brand new block.. three of the bungs {that of course are not shown in the picture}are burned off from the welds.this intake per our conversation was ready to weld in fact its not.you told me you bought this and could not use it when in fact you bought it and seen what a piece of junk you got so you passed the trash..now i was told bye you to take it apart and redo it ,and then after all said and done i have to have it remachined no thanks.my money was very prompt and cleared your bank so at anytime you feel the need to send me a refund i will gladly pay to ship this trash right back to you. if anybody has any questions or comments feelfree to call me anytime dave 314 703 2298
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 07:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

if its onebad55notch ive dealt with him and everything was good..
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

well i guess my luck wasnt as good im sure people have had good deals but i didnt unless he makes good on this deal if not i learned a lesson

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 08:07 PM

69 Grande'
P51 headed 563
3070#'s
5.15 @ 134.89
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycotic1 View Post
well i guess my luck wasnt as good im sure people have had good deals but i didnt unless he makes good on this deal if not i learned a lesson
well have to hear both sides . maybe hell post up or etc.. ive sold him parts and he sold me parts. matter of fact he sent me parts without paying to make sure they would work.. they worked so i paid him..
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 12:01 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
i bought your your intake,, after 3 conversations on the phone this ready 2 weld intake is a piece of sh**.its 1/4 to 3/8 warped and wont sit flat on a brand new block.. three of the bungs {that of course are not shown in the picture}are burned off from the welds.this intake per our conversation was ready to weld in fact its not.you told me you bought this and could not use it when in fact you bought it and seen what a piece of junk you got so you passed the trash..now i was told bye you to take it apart and redo it ,and then after all said and done i have to have it remachined no thanks.my money was very prompt and cleared your bank so at anytime you feel the need to send me a refund i will gladly pay to ship this trash right back to you. if anybody has any questions or comments feelfree to call me anytime dave 314 703 2298
From the pics, it looks like it is just tack welded. So why not just break the tacks and bolt the pieces to your block and start welding? If you have to make a couple of bungs, do it. What are you exactly expecting for $275?

Call Hogan, and get a quote for $2750 for a complete welded up nicely finished sheet metal manifold.

I have no experience with badnotch, and I'm not on his side, but I do find it funny when someone goes ballistic, and it's for something cheap. You'll find you would spend a lot more than $275 if you purchased the aluminum and had it milled and laser cut, without welding or anything else. Stop whining, and get to work.

Dave
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richter69 View Post

That's classic Jon.

Doug...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] '86 F150... 521 w/ FRPP SCJ Heads, Glide...
Best ET: 1/8---6.17 @ 112 mph N/A @ 1200'
6.34 @ 112 mph N/A @ 5000'
1/4---9.73 @ 136 mph N/A @ 1200'
9.97 @ 135 mph N/A @ 5000'
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 06:30 AM

Garage
Quote:
Just a quick question, did you talk back with Gerry before making this post, maybe try to work some thing out?

BBF IDT SHORT BLOCK
18bolt TFS A460 heads
CNC'D by SVRE
TFS Intake ported (SVRE)
COMPCAM by BLAKE
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...ps5280b9cf.jpg
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 06:36 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOHAGIN View Post
From the pics, it looks like it is just tack welded. So why not just break the tacks and bolt the pieces to your block and start welding? If you have to make a couple of bungs, do it. What are you exactly expecting for $275?

Call Hogan, and get a quote for $2750 for a complete welded up nicely finished sheet metal manifold.

I have no experience with badnotch, and I'm not on his side, but I do find it funny when someone goes ballistic, and it's for something cheap. You'll find you would spend a lot more than $275 if you purchased the aluminum and had it milled and laser cut, without welding or anything else. Stop whining, and get to work.

Dave
I'm not taking any sides either, but I find it funny when some one else trys to count whats in my pockets. What may be cheap to you may be alot of money to some one else.

No matter what the cost is, when I buy some thing I expect it to be exactly in the condition the person who sold it to to be in. Just cause I spend 300 on some thing that costs 1000 dollars doesn't mean I want to spend another 200 to make it right when the seller tells me its good to go! just my 2 cents. I'm sure if he call Gerry it'll get resolved.

BBF IDT SHORT BLOCK
18bolt TFS A460 heads
CNC'D by SVRE
TFS Intake ported (SVRE)
COMPCAM by BLAKE
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...ps5280b9cf.jpg
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 07:03 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Send a message via AIM to crittersf1 Send a message via MSN to crittersf1 Send a message via Yahoo to crittersf1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOHAGIN View Post

Dave
X2!

If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much space!
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

actually Gerry is "crooked" as phuck !!!!

oh **** i meant his car !!!!!!! lmfao ...Gerry is a stand up guy just give him a call

sorry Gerry i had too !!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno View Post
actually Gerry is "crooked" as phuck !!!!

oh **** i meant his car !!!!!!! lmfao ...Gerry is a stand up guy just give him a call

sorry Gerry i had too !!!
Actually you meant his "crooked" manifold, LOL.

Dave
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 08:21 PM

What picture? I don't see any picture of his sheet metal manifold.

Charlie Evans
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 08:37 PM

https://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142675

If anyone has had any experience with aluminum and welding it you know its gonna warp like hell. If it was a fully welded unit and warped like that I'd be pisssed too, but in this case its not finished, so i wouldn't be so quick to label it as a piece of shyt.

Not sure why anyone would even buy one of these kits in the first place and expect it to function like a Hogan's unit..............

Not taking sides either way, just stating some general facts.

69 Grande'
P51 headed 563
3070#'s
5.15 @ 134.89
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 07:04 AM

Intake

From the pics & quality of welds, the person that started to fab this intake was possibly doing the best they could, but was never going to be able to finish weld the bottom of the runners any way. They painted thier self into a corner at the start. Take it to a good fabricator & have it looked at to see if it can be salvaged, then you will have something to talk about with the seller.

Just my opinion - good luck!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in