1971 lincoln continental mark III 460 DOVE HEADS & BLOCK,c6,9inch rear $1,600.00 - 460 Ford Forum
The Auction Block Buy, Sell, Trade your parts and pieces!!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Post 1971 lincoln continental mark III 460 DOVE HEADS & BLOCK,c6,9inch rear $1,650.00

UPDATE: VIDEO OF ENGINE RUNNING RIGHT BELOW
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=106_0188.mp4

vehicle comes stock with 365 horsepower. Car is complete has 460 dove engine, c6 trans and 9 inch rear end.

This big ole lincoln was bought from a fella who drove it from braselton, ga to winder, ga to grocery store. Well, bought off his kids when he died. He had a small radiator in it at the time, I was planning to put in a larger radiator but, gas got rather high and that car weighs around 5,000 pounds and Im betting a big car like that gets around 8-12 miles to a gallon and when it was 4.00 a gallon, that just wasnt going to work well for me.

Entire car is intact, the cons are that it aint been cranked in awhile, needs radiator, probably needs the carb rebuilt, engine needs to be turned over before cranking, which I might just go ahead and do, needs a battery; driver side window is off track, passenger side slide window is broken, all in all, its a fixer upper, or one helluva damn drive train to use as it wasnt driven hard by the previous owner and hardly driven by me due to the fuel prices. got a nice full length car tarp that goes with the car, technically, im selling the drivetrain for 1600 cash, the car body is just free, do what you will with the body, sell it on ebay in pieces or scrap it, Im just to damn old to fiddle around on the damn computer selling the car individually, given that this is a dove engine, c6 trans and 9inch rearend for 1600 you cant really go wrong and to pick up the body with it that was in less than 30,000 produced cant be a bad bargain for a freebie.

Live at 570 Panhandle circle Maysville, Ga 30558
roughly within a 200 mile radius of NC,AL,SC,LAKE PARK GA, Live 10 minutes from tanger outlets in Banks County
Live near Atlanta Dragstrip, close to Lanier Speedway and Gresham Motorsports park formely (peachstate speedway)
If your ever up here to drag, might be a good chance to pick up on this deal. gon turn the crank start it up tommorow
hopefully and get you a video on it running and some pics. I forgot to mention it'll probably need all the brakes redone
if you thinking of fixin her as a project, have to tow her home.

tell you what, if you want to, Give me a call at (706)534-9979 and well tlak some more about the car ask for Terry alright.

Last edited by brazin; 09-13-2010 at 03:55 PM. Reason: add where I live
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 10:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to psquare75
Pics? A local friend is looking for a MK3
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

UPDATE:Well, got it to turn over well, battery went dead on me. believe the gas is old, will give her a try tommorow, put up a video of it atleast turning over, will get it to crank tommorow and will delete this video below and put up one of it running.

http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=106_0167.mp4

Quote:
Originally Posted by psquare75 View Post
Pics? A local friend is looking for a MK3
psquare,

I got a few pics taken while I was pulling the tarp off, understand though there a few issuse with the body as in some light rust, the driverside window off tract and the passenside window busted, the interior now looks to have a some mildew on the seats. I keep two small tarps over the windows and the car tarp on the car, if your friend is looking for a mark III this one aint perfect by any means that is why im selling the entire whole at a drivetrain price.

here are some pics of the body, the defects with the body for your friend and some engine pics, the intake has dove on it aswell.

http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p235/BRAZINTRACER/

If he wants it tell him to give me a call. will work on cranking this haus today, if I get it crunk, I will make a small video of it running and add the link to this thread. might take a few hours to get everything ready to give it start, check back later, if I dont get the video up, I'll add a note why..

thanks for your time, any questions just ask

Last edited by brazin; 08-26-2010 at 08:05 PM. Reason: UPDATE:

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 01:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to psquare75
Car looks clean to me (Remember, I'm in MA, lol. I've seen 05's with more rust than that).

I'll let him know.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by psquare75 View Post
Car looks clean to me (Remember, I'm in MA, lol. I've seen 05's with more rust than that).

I'll let him know.
yeah, I bet.. got it crunk today heres the video. First time its been crunk since 2007.
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=106_0188.mp4

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

OPEN TO PARTIAL TRADE AND CASH

OPEN TO PARTIAL TRADE AND CASH, I'd do a partial trade of

1000 cash and a pistol or shotgun

will consider a trade for a decent running car

would like a mustang in trade, but will consider the car you got
to trade and let you know

thats as good as it gets on possibilities if you got something,
shoot me a p.m., email or call me.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

price went down, no one took advantage 9 days ago, aint hurtin for the extra cash like I was, just listed on ebay, price is back up and is at 1650.00 dollars,
still a steal on this bird, get it while its cotton picking good. My Initial price was 2000.00 dollars and that was after I accidently broke the passengerside small window.

Last edited by brazin; 09-13-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in