460 Ford Forum banner

C&C Motorsports ALuminum BBF Block (10.32 dh)

14K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Brian Brown 
#1 ·
C&C Motorsposrts 10.32 big block ford aluminum block. Block has 61 runs on it. Only reason for selling it is that I'm going with a billet block for weight savings purposes. Block was setup for a 4.75 stroke crank in it, Torrington Thrust bearing conversion ($1k additonal price), setup for .937 dogbone lifters, BBF roller cam bearing kit, 4.600 bore. This is the block that qualfied #1 in outlaw 10.5 at NHRA Unleashed in Indy and #2 at NHRA Unleashed in Columbus, OH. We did kick a rod out at the last ORSCA race. Fortunately, the rod went straight out the bottom of the oil pan. Block needs two sleeves, which is being done at Proline. Block will be ready for assemble when bought. I paid $9320 for this block (Block, all machining, torrington thrust bearing conversion, dog bone lifter setup, boring, honing, torque plate, machined deck surface, etc.) when new. $6250 obo.

Block went 4.33 at 179mph at 3235lbs in outlaw 10.5 trim.

Thanks,
Brian

#3 ·
We have the standard thrust bearing, but we also have a torrington bearing with races and shims on the front of the crank behind the #1 main cap. This helps take the load off of the thrust bearing in high hp applications. We currently run a twin turbo outlaw 10.5 auto car, which puts a ton of force on the converter. As a safety factor, this torrington bearing conversion keeps us from have thrust bearing issues.

Thanks,
Brian

#5 ·
I have not know a billet block to be lighter then a water block? whos billet?

#7 ·
Attached are the pics. I'm lowering the price one more time to try and move it, but this is the absolute best I can do guys. If I can't sell it for this, I'll hold on to it for our other project. I'll take $6,250 for the block and the lifters (Jesel .937 with .850 rollers), or $6,000 for the block. You'll need the studs and the dogbone plates to make the lifters work. Both block and lifters have 61 1/8th mile runs. Buyer pays shipping. Thanks again, Brian.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.