Ford NP 205 s and NP 203, $150, KY, can twin stick - 460 Ford Forum
The Auction Block Buy, Sell, Trade your parts and pieces!!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Cool Ford NP 205 s and NP 203, $150, KY, can twin stick

I'm in Leitchfield, KY 42754 . About 30 minutes west of Elizabethtown, KY.
All of the transfer cases have a transmission adapter with corresponding shifter, and good crossmember mount / isolators. The 203 is the only one with the shorter version transmission adapter.

205's are $150 each, $50 more for twin stick modification. First buyer gets the cleaned and painted one.

203 range box is $75, and I think I can ship it anywhere in US for $50, maybe a little less. Let me know if you know how long and what spline you might need the shaft for the rear transfer case, and I can get it cut, splined.

I also have a few dual cardan driveshafts $60 shipped to 48 US states

And I've got 4 dual cardan joints $30 shipped to 48 US states

[email protected]
call or text 270 230 7015

[email protected]
270 287 8663--Jake's cell
Leitchfield, KY 42754
www.BehemothDrivetrain.com Strong Box - Planetary Underdrive Gearbox

Last edited by Behemoth DT; 12-25-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 09:52 PM

I have no idea what my truck has, but I need one real soon. I am hoping there is a bolt on up-graded unit. My truck is a '91 F250 with the E40D. Let me know.

Thanks
Jim

Jim Rich
Code Blue Racing CJ 72
"Testing"

JR Performance Motorsports
Jet Drive Service & Repair

Proud Father of the J 53 C Driver "Lil Miss Dynamite" Amanda Rich
2010 Comp Jet Sponsors;
Foxwell Motorsports, High Flow Dynamics, CP Performance, Finney's Plastic & Powdercoating, IntakeElbows.com, Vintage Rod Components, ABBOTTCRAFT, TourHavasuHomes.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlueRacing View Post
I have no idea what my truck has, but I need one real soon. I am hoping there is a bolt on up-graded unit. My truck is a '91 F250 with the E40D. Let me know.

Thanks
Jim
You will have a BW 1356, unless someone has pulled a switcharoo on you. Is yours manual shift, or push button 4x4?

I've got a good stock replacement BW 1356 manual shift right now. Even if you have a push button 4x4, it would be a good idea to swap it out for a manual. The electric motors are bad about taking a dump when you need them the most.

If you want to upgrade, that is a different story. I have some NP205's that would bolt right up, but you'd have to modify your E4OD shifter a little to make it work, and you'd need new F/R driveshafts. 78/79 driveshafts off the same wheelbase w/NP205 should work.
I've got 4 or 5 front driveshafts with the dual cardan joints and a bucket full of spare dual cardan joints that might help you out.

If you really want to upgrade, you could put one of my Strong Boxes in front of the 205 and nearly triple your torque, and give you lots of off road gearing options.

It really all depends on what you use your truck for.

[email protected]
Leitchfield, KY 42754

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79f250 View Post
You will have a BW 1356, unless someone has pulled a switcharoo on you. Is yours manual shift, or push button 4x4?

I've got a good stock replacement BW 1356 manual shift right now. Even if you have a push button 4x4, it would be a good idea to swap it out for a manual. The electric motors are bad about taking a dump when you need them the most.

If you want to upgrade, that is a different story. I have some NP205's that would bolt right up, but you'd have to modify your E4OD shifter a little to make it work, and you'd need new F/R driveshafts. 78/79 driveshafts off the same wheelbase w/NP205 should work.
I've got 4 or 5 front driveshafts with the dual cardan joints and a bucket full of spare dual cardan joints that might help you out.

If you really want to upgrade, you could put one of my Strong Boxes in front of the 205 and nearly triple your torque, and give you lots of off road gearing options.

It really all depends on what you use your truck for.
The unit has almost 800K on it now, I don't abuse it or the truck. Yes it is 100% original, manual shift. There is a long story that goes along with the manual shifter, but I will make it very short, it took 3 trucks for Ford or Fleet manager to get what we wanted. The truck has had 3:55 gears in it from day one, I am switching it here in the near future to 4:10s so that should help out a bunch. I am pulling the rear end out of my 2wd 4dr 100% street truck and putting the 3:55 unit in. It should make a huge highway milage differance. I mainly use it for pulling heavy loads. I don't do any crazy rock crawling. I do however do some rescues in the Black Mountains. I have yet to get stuck except for sugar sand, but duellies don't like super soft ground. I am also putting 36" tires on the truck, four 12.5s in the rear and two 15.5s up front. The truck has a 6" suspension lift. I don't want to go crazy with it. Are your units rebuilt or used ? Do they make an up-graded chain ? I also have to rebuild the whole front end as it is getting sloppy and a few of the U-joints are worn out as well as a set of 4:10 gears.

Jim Rich
Code Blue Racing CJ 72
"Testing"

2010 Comp Jet Sponsors;
Foxwell Motorsports, High Flow Dynamics, CP Performance, Finney's Plastic & Powdercoating, IntakeElbows.com, Vintage Rod Components, ABBOTTCRAFT, TourHavasuHomes.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

I have a good, used, manual shift replacement for you. It is slip yoke rear. If you have a long wheel base, yours could be fixed yoke with a carrier bearing and 2 piece rear driveshaft. I can rebuild it if you want, but if it were mine, I would just open it up, inspect it, and replace any of the usual suspects. There is no upgraded chain as far as I know. Have you had chain troubles? I've got 2 good ones. I've seen cases busted before chains failed.
What I build out of them would be similar to having another 2 speed transmission behind your existing transmission, and in front of your transfer case. It is a selectable alternative to changing your axle gears when you need more torque / larger tires. It allows you to keep the fuel economy advantage of the 3.55 gears, and have the option to dig deep for gearing when needed.

[email protected]
Leitchfield, KY 42754
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-25-2010, 01:01 AM

Mine is a Super Cab LongBed, so yes it does have a fixed yoke. I have just put Lucas Gear oil in it as it was getting very noisy. I am sure there are some chewed up parts inside. I would like to just replace it for now. Let me know if you can put something together.

Thanks, Merry Christmas
Jim

Jim Rich
Code Blue Racing CJ 72
"Testing"

2010 Comp Jet Sponsors;
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-25-2010, 01:29 AM Thread Starter

I can convert the one I have to fixed yoke. The parts interchange. If you wanted to pay for shipping from 42754, I can get you set up pretty quick. I'm getting to be a whiz at breaking these things down, especially since I got my new set of snap ring tools. The snap ring that holds the front input / planetary gear in place is in a deep hole, and is very tricky. Many guys who rebuild them will skip this bearing, but I've learned a few tricks with them.

Merry Christmas!

[email protected]
Leitchfield, KY 42754
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 06:20 PM

Ok then how much to do a rebuilt stock unit with slip in shaft. Yep my '91 F250, has a 2 piece rear shaft with carier and slip in shaft at the case.

Thanks
Jim
928-219-4929

Jim Rich
Code Blue Racing CJ 72
"Testing"

2010 Comp Jet Sponsors;
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlueRacing View Post
Ok then how much to do a rebuilt stock unit with slip in shaft. Yep my '91 F250, has a 2 piece rear shaft with carier and slip in shaft at the case.

Thanks
Jim
928-219-4929
It just depends on what all you want rebuilt.
parts cost is:

$75 for bearing / gasket / seal kit
$45 for fluid pump kit
$85 for new chain
$? new fluid

I'll charge parts cost for labor / packaging. No labor charge on a new chain, as it does not add any trouble over a used chain. You will need to fill with fluid before you install it.

$200 core charge for your old one

Personally the one I have, I think would be good with just a new fluid pump kit, shift fork inserts, and gasket / seal kit.
Bronco Graveyard's got the best deal on that. http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/c-937

That would make it $75 for parts + $75 for labor + about $65 shipping.
$200 core charge; when you get your rebuilt unit, use the same packaging to ship the core back to me. When I recieve it I will inspect it. Basically all I need to be good is the input / output shafts, planetary gears, hi/ lo shift fork, and the front case halve (minus front output section). These are near indesructable. Chains and rear case halves are the only weak links that I know of. If your case is functioning / shifting properly in hi/ lo ranges, your shift fork should be good. If not, I can buy them new for like $35.

Let me know how you want to go.
Thanks

[email protected]
Leitchfield, KY 42754
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-11-2011, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

bump

[email protected]
Leitchfield, KY 42754
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79f250 View Post
It just depends on what all you want rebuilt.
parts cost is:

$75 for bearing / gasket / seal kit
$45 for fluid pump kit
$85 for new chain
$? new fluid

I'll charge parts cost for labor / packaging. No labor charge on a new chain, as it does not add any trouble over a used chain. You will need to fill with fluid before you install it.

$200 core charge for your old one

Personally the one I have, I think would be good with just a new fluid pump kit, shift fork inserts, and gasket / seal kit.
Bronco Graveyard's got the best deal on that. http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/c-937

That would make it $75 for parts + $75 for labor + about $65 shipping.
$200 core charge; when you get your rebuilt unit, use the same packaging to ship the core back to me. When I recieve it I will inspect it. Basically all I need to be good is the input / output shafts, planetary gears, hi/ lo shift fork, and the front case halve (minus front output section). These are near indesructable. Chains and rear case halves are the only weak links that I know of. If your case is functioning / shifting properly in hi/ lo ranges, your shift fork should be good. If not, I can buy them new for like $35.

Let me know how you want to go.
Thanks
I am all set to do this.

Thanks
Jim
928-219-4929

Jim Rich
Code Blue Racing CJ 72
"Testing"

2010 Comp Jet Sponsors;
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

PM sent to CodeBlueRacing.
The cleaned and painted 205 has been sold. I shipped it Freight with SAIA from Central, Kentucky to Huston, Texas for $158.07. Crated weight was 165 lbs. without transmission to transfer case adapter.
So, If anyone is interested, I can ship it to a nearby business.

[email protected]mothdrivetrain.com
Leitchfield, KY 42754
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Will one of the rear driveshafts fit on my 90 Ford Bronco with a 5 speed manual transmission in it?
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

If you measure, I can let you know for sure. I could try to guess that it would, but measuring is the best way.

[email protected]
Leitchfield, KY 42754
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

The long part of the driveshaft measures 1' and the lower part below the rubber boot that is short measures 5" or so to the part where the u-joint starts.

I'm tired of these CV joint crap. Wish it was like the old ones with only two u joints.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in