1989 Mustang Pro Street & Drag Race Roller - 460 Ford Forum
The Auction Block Buy, Sell, Trade your parts and pieces!!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

1989 Mustang Pro Street & Drag Race Roller

The car is tag & registered to drive on the street , as I do in the hot summer but in spring & fall on cooler days I raced it for fun when I rented the tracks with other fast cars. I'm selling it due to my eye sight that is dimminishing. I don't want to but can't race it anymore & the last time I raced it in April 2007, it ran 8.48 @ 161 on the crappy track. But I manage to get it to run 8.46 @161. The car weighs 3000 lbs with me(225). It has all glass window & all steel body parts except the hood is fiberglass.The power mirror , power window ,power trunk release & rear defroster still works(also the horn works).The chassis was certified in 2004 for 7.50 or slower but for now you need the funny style cage to be for 7.50 or slower but as it stands it is good for 8.50 or slower. I didn't want to be climbing in & out when I was cruising.
The car has
-14 pt. chrome moly cage
-2x3 main frame rails
-single adj. front Strange struts
-single adj. rear Strange coil overs
-Fox body Flaming River racknpinion
-Chassis Eng. anti-sway bars
- front engine travel limiter
-motorplate for BBF & mid plate for glide
-Top Gun 4 links
-15x4 Centerline Convo pros with Moroso front runners
-15x12 Centerline Convo Pros with MickeyThompson ET Streets
-9" Mark William thru bolt aluminiun center section with 4.29 pro gears & Lenco spool with big bearings & 35 spline Pro race axle with 5/8 wheel studs
-2 row 1.5 tube Griffin radiator (Fox Body style)
-Racecraft wing & chute mount(Stroud chute)
-8 gallon fuel cell with fuel gauge sending unit(so I didn't run out of gas)
-MSD 7 al-2 & HVC coil with adj. limiter(burn out,stage & rev.)
-Autometer Ultra light gauges grey face(oil pres,eng tem,volt,fuel level,tran temp,vac,& CLOCK)
-2 Ceruillo seats
-carpets are removeable through out the interior
-trans tunnel panels are removeable
-Cheetah SCS shifter for glide & have shift pattern for t-350 or 400
-The front fenders are 1 piece removeable to gain better access to engine

The car was set up for BBF with A-460 heads that have Chevy exhaust ports but can be used for BBC but have to make the motorplate & mid mount that will bolt to the glide.
The car is very fast & runs straight as an arrow. The motor made 1030 hp & ran 1.20 60 ft , 5.40 @ 130 then 8.46 @ 161 The chassis is what made this car fast beside the HP. I set the chassis to be neutral because I didn't want to use wheelie bars. I know it could have 60 ft better but I don't want wheelie but it was neat to see it leave like a sling shot.
I have video of the car running , but if your serious , I'll send something or figure the You Tube

I'm asking $17,500 for it but if your serious please PM or call (440)622-9045.

Thanks Garry

The frame & cage was TIG welded & professionally done by Future Tech in Mentor,Ohio.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 290.jpg (90.2 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 289.jpg (88.2 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 284.jpg (81.8 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 288.jpg (83.4 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 285.jpg (88.8 KB, 128 views)

589 A-460 Head 14.5 Tunnel Ram
3000 lbs. Tube Chassis with Power window , lock , hatch , & rear defroster
8.40 @ 161 , 5.40 @ 130 , & 1.20 60 ft. no wheelie bars & DRIVES ON THE STREETS.

Last edited by garrysturbo; 05-14-2011 at 05:22 PM. Reason: forgot to add wheels & 4-links
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Must Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrysturbo View Post
The car is tag & registered to drive on the street , as I do in the hot summer but in spring & fall on cooler days I raced it for fun when I rented the tracks with other fast cars. I'm selling it due to my eye sight that is dimminishing. I don't want to but can't race it anymore & the last time I raced it in April 2007, it ran 8.48 @ 161 on the crappy track. But I manage to get it to run 8.46 @161. The car weighs 3000 lbs with me(225). It has all glass window & all steel body parts except the hood is fiberglass.The power mirror , power window ,power trunk release & rear defroster still works(also the horn works).The chassis was certified in 2004 for 7.50 or slower but for now you need the funny style cage to be for 7.50 or slower but as it stands it is good for 8.50 or slower. I didn't want to be climbing in & out when I was cruising.
The car has
-14 pt. chrome moly cage
-2x3 main frame rails
-single adj. front Strange struts
-single adj. rear Strange coil overs
-Fox body Flaming River racknpinion
-Chassis Eng. anti-sway bars
- front engine travel limiter
-motorplate for BBF & mid plate for glide
-Top Gun 4 links
-15x4 Centerline Convo pros with Moroso front runners
-15x12 Centerline Convo Pros with MickeyThompson ET Streets
-9" Mark William thru bolt aluminiun center section with 4.29 pro gears & Lenco spool with big bearings & 35 spline Pro race axle with 5/8 wheel studs
-2 row 1.5 tube Griffin radiator (Fox Body style)
-Racecraft wing & chute mount(Stroud chute)
-8 gallon fuel cell with fuel gauge sending unit(so I didn't run out of gas)
-MSD 7 al-2 & HVC coil with adj. limiter(burn out,stage & rev.)
-Autometer Ultra light gauges grey face(oil pres,eng tem,volt,fuel level,tran temp,vac,& CLOCK)
-2 Ceruillo seats
-carpets are removeable through out the interior
-trans tunnel panels are removeable
-Cheetah SCS shifter for glide & have shift pattern for t-350 or 400
-The front fenders are 1 piece removeable to gain better access to engine

The car was set up for BBF with A-460 heads that have Chevy exhaust ports but can be used for BBC but have to make the motorplate & mid mount that will bolt to the glide.
The car is very fast & runs straight as an arrow. The motor made 1030 hp & ran 1.20 60 ft , 5.40 @ 130 then 8.46 @ 161 The chassis is what made this car fast beside the HP. I set the chassis to be neutral because I didn't want to use wheelie bars. I know it could have 60 ft better but I don't want wheelie but it was neat to see it leave like a sling shot.
I have video of the car running , but if your serious , I'll send something or figure the You Tube

I'm asking $17,500 for it but if your serious please PM or call (440)622-9045.

Thanks Garry

The frame & cage was TIG welded & professionally done by Future Tech in Mentor,Ohio.

Must Go Please make Offers.

589 A-460 Head 14.5 Tunnel Ram
3000 lbs. Tube Chassis with Power window , lock , hatch , & rear defroster
8.40 @ 161 , 5.40 @ 130 , & 1.20 60 ft. no wheelie bars & DRIVES ON THE STREETS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in