NOS S Code Never Stamped Boss 429 Block & Parts - 460 Ford Forum
The Auction Block Buy, Sell, Trade your parts and pieces!!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

NOS S Code Never Stamped Boss 429 Block & Parts

Does anyone have an interest in a NOS Unstamped 1970 S Code Boss 429 Block. This block and other parts came from Holman Moody about 20 or 25 years ago. A guy in town used to restore old Stock Cars from the 60s and 70s and after he finished the cars he was working on, we put a couple of trade deals together. I just have never used the parts. I have a NOS Block that has never had a number stamped on it and it is not a replacement block. It is dated I believe Jan 8, 1970 and was sent to Holman Moody for Stock Car Racing. I have a great set of heads fresh and ready to assemble with New Valves, Rockers, Push Rods, Crank, Rods with 1/2 inch bolts and oil from journal to pin bushing, balancer, Like new pistons, a New set of Blue Thunder Valve Covers, and a New Blue Thunder 2x4 intake, an Original Bud Moore Stock Car Maxi Plenum Box Ram Intake, and some other pieces. I was just going to put the heads and an intake on a reg 460 block. Had not really thought of selling the other parts till recently. It would be cool to find a 1970 Boss Body that needed an engine. I am not interested in selling the heads with the other parts but I guess I could if someone needed original parts for a project. I can always buy a set from Kaase. I have lots of pictures on my computer but am not familiar with how to put them on this site. If someone can tell me I would be happy to do so. Otherwise, email me at, [email protected] and I will gladly send them to you. I am just outside of Charlotte, NC. Wouldn't it look great in a Cyclone. That is one of my dream cars. Grabber Green Boss 429 Cyclone. I guess the big thing now is How much? With the cost of After Market Blocks and Heads and otehr parts and this stuff being Factory Original. It has to be worth, $20K for all the Boss Engine Parts. If not we will just have to start Haggling and Trading. Thanks, Mike. [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)

Garage
you may want to selling your stuff on the boss exchange website. The block may generate some interest to a restorer.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I just have never been on any of those sites.

I have not been to any of those sites. Don't know what the keyword is. Is it just bossexhange?

By the way, I have an injured back right now so I can't sleep well. I was up at about 4 or 5 this morning and put a lot of stuff on racingjunk.com ad number 2694896 if you might be interested in some of the parts. I don't think I could put this much on here. It took a while as it was, 24 pictures and lots of description. Plus with no posted prices I could not put it on here and I am just wanting to work a deal on whatever someone wants if it is reasonable. Just need to move a lot of old parts and old new inventory. Thanks, Mike.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 07:14 PM

Quoted: 187 Post(s)

STILL HAVE THE BLOCK? you can call or pm me the price,thanks

RICH
CIRCLE (R) 815 712 8738
--------------------------------
BUY,SELL, or TRADE BBF parts
Dynoed or Test STAND RAN
CYLINDER HEAD PORTING
HEAD FLOWING
COMPLETE ENGINES avb
From STOCK to NOT
PRO SYSTEMS CARBS
BOSS 302 351 429 800CI+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in