Ford DOVE Blocks - 460 Ford Forum
The Auction Block Buy, Sell, Trade your parts and pieces!!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Smile Ford DOVE Blocks

I have 16 FORD DOVE Blocks. ALL have 2 Bolt Main Caps. I will never use all of these. I have 9 DOVE Blocks with the raised 'A' Boss 429 Bulkhead, and 7 regular DOVE passenger car blocks. All are either Std bore or 30 over....NO more. At one time, these were all Baked Clean and magnafluxed OK. The Magnaflux is still OK, but, as they have been stored in a locked Shed, they MAY need to be re-cleaned before use. I would LIKE to sell ALL of these to one buyer, but that probably won't happen, so it's first come, first served. These Blocks ALL have the desirable THICK MAIN SADDLES and are a snap to machine for Splayed Main Caps(you choose the brand from several makes), making a Block that is STRONGER by far than a factory SCJ 4 Bolt Block. I have ONE CJ 2 Bolt Block(CJ cast into the Lifter Valley) also. I would rather deliver Blocks to residents of So Cal, AZ and NV by meeting halfway somewhere than crating to ship via truck, BUT, if I have to crate, insure and ship I can. Price is $400.00 for a DOVE Block. $450.00 for a DOVE Block with raised 'A', and $600.00 for the 'CJ' 2 bolt block. Prices don't include crating, shipping or delivery. I can send you generic pictures of Blocks, but I would rather you tell me what you need and I pick one out and send it to you. If you need a picture, let me know. I prefer to deal in person, with Cash, or you can send a Check or Money Order. Deal with confidence as I have done TENS of THOUSANDS of transactions all over the world(with a 100% EBAY rating after THOUSANDS of transactions there alone), and have had a well known presence in the Ford performance arena for OVER 4 DECADES. Call me at 951-763-9765 or email me at [email protected] with questions 10 till 4 5 days a week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Hello, I'm new to the 385 series/460. Can you explain the differences between the numbers
and terms you wrote ?

Which are more desirable and why ?
Also what year's are a better block and why ?
Thank you.

Last edited by 427HISS; 07-17-2017 at 12:27 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 06:49 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427HISS View Post
Hello, I'm new to the 385 series/460. Can you explain the differences between the numbers
and terms you wrote ?

Which are more desirable and why ?
Also what year's are a better block and why ?
Thank you.
427hiss you need to go to Paul Kane's High Flow Dynamics web-site on there you can read and see about the blocks. It's very informative.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I appreciate it.
Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in