FYI - New vendors coming on board... - 460 Ford Forum
The Auction Block Buy, Sell, Trade your parts and pieces!!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

FYI - New vendors coming on board...

Guys,
Just hooked up with a few new supplier agreements that will broaden the range of parts available from my fledgling warehouse operation. Haven't yet loaded them out to the website - - but I'll get them in soon. If you need anything in the meantime just call or e-mail - - I always answer.

We now have Scat cranks, rods, and rotating assemblies!
We now have Stef's oil pans, tanks, and fabbed aluminum tidbits
We now have B&B misc. race car stuff - - valvetrain, trinkets

I've been adding more data for Blue Thunder
I redid Probe pistons to take a few clicks out of the search.
And I am actively selling camshafts from inventory.

I just spent several hours installing a new lockset, washing windows and sweeping floors in preparation for the new shelf racks that should arrive tomorrow. My little corner warehouse is gonna start looking pretty official...

Barry R.
#1 Horsepower FE Ford - Engine Masters Challenge - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
Warehouse Distributor for:
Scat, Probe, Blue Thunder, Diamond,
Clevite, Holley, Federal-Mogul, Comp Cams, more.
www.survivalmotorsports.com
(248) 931-0358 or (248) 366-3309 shop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 02:49 PM

A little heads up on the Stefs pans. Although they are really pretty, you hafta goop the crap out of the front & back or it'll leak oil & they don't clear 1 tube on Hooker #6201's. I also had a problem with the scraper hitting an Eagle rod on a stock stroke crank.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 12:59 PM

Rick,
Thanks for the compliment on looks, lets address your other issues;

We recommend a 3/8" bead of silicone. Apply to block and let is start to set up a little. Then put the pan on. Torquing with an even load.

OEM pans have alot of give in the stamping. With our aluminum or steel pans we have found the silicone is the best way to go.

On the header clearance. If you can send me a photo of where that Hooker number hits the pan we will make note of it for future builds for customers using this combination.

Thanks,

Chris Straub
Manufacturer of Valvetrain Parts
Custom Cams
www.straubtechnologies.com

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 02:27 PM

I'll get one for you as soon as I get the header back on. On a side note, it's uncommon for a company to ask for input & I for one take it as a compliment. You are now the second company I can say actually cares. Kudos
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 03:41 PM

If you don't listen you don't learn. With pride I say "we build custom oil pans" and they should fit your application. Dealers like Lem Evans and Barry R trust us to make them look good when it comes to oil systems. Nothing more frustrating then to try and install an engine and it won't fit because of the pan.

Thanks for your support of Stef's Performance and good luck in '06.

Chris Straub
Manufacturer of Valvetrain Parts
Custom Cams
www.straubtechnologies.com
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstraub
Rick,
Thanks for the compliment on looks, lets address your other issues;

We recommend a 3/8" bead of silicone. Apply to block and let is start to set up a little. Then put the pan on. Torquing with an even load.

OEM pans have alot of give in the stamping. With our aluminum or steel pans we have found the silicone is the best way to go.

On the header clearance. If you can send me a photo of where that Hooker number hits the pan we will make note of it for future builds for customers using this combination.

Thanks,
Chris,

We had the same trouble with our pan - it leaked like a seive front and back. We added a 1/4" high bead of weld front and back then used a die grinder to make the pan profile match a cardboard template we made. The leaks are solved without the use of any silicone except for a little dab at the normal location - the transition from the rail gasket to the rubber end seals.

Why not just make the pans fit? Using a large quantity of silicone seems like a poor solution to seal the pan. That's what the gaskets/seals are for.

Other than the front and rear sealing issue - the pan is a nice piece of work and seems to control oil very well.

Brock G.

Team GTR
125" Spitzer Bantam
4.84 @140.5
7.68 @ 176.4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in