Lincoln Mark IV 460 motor mounts? - 460 Ford Forum
General Tech A place to discuss general tech regarding chassis, transmission, tires, suspension, non-460, etc

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Lincoln Mark IV 460 motor mounts?

Hello

I have a problem with motor mounts.I tried to mount my engine with new Pioneer motor mounts. After I swiched back original mounts, the engine went smoothly to it's place with no problems. Only problem is original ones are broken.

Original type is two part motor mount. I can unbolt the "rubber part" from the part what bolts to engine block. New ones also would mount engine too low and oil pan wouldn't fit where it should. They seem to have wrong dimensions. They look like quite similar but are one part type and have some differences if I inspect them carefully. One big difference is that old motor mounts have even surface where it bolts to the block. New mounts have one bolt hole and it's surroundings higher than the other surface.

I haven't even succeeded finding any photos from the internet of the old type motor mounts I have. My car is built september 1971. Rockauto sells same motor mounts for lincoln mk3 and 4 so I don't know if that makes any difference when my car is built.

Where I could find original types motormounts or is there something I don't understand with the new types motormounts?

Thanks in advance for responses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 12:14 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)

FWIW, you are not alone. I have yet to find a set of aftermarket 429/460 engine mounts that correctly fit a FLM intermediate chassis. Crites has a set that are fairly close, but still not spot on and they typically look like they have manufacturing quality issues(from pics buyers of them have posted). I believe you are in need of Ford part numbers D4SA-6038-AA or D5OA-6038-AB for one side and D4SA-6B032-AA or D5OA-6B032-AB for the other side, these attach to the chassis and to the engine mount shell(there is also a sheet metal heat shield between the chassis/engine insulator and engine shell)fit a 429/460 to a '72-'79 FLM intermediate chassis. They are getting extremely hard to find in good shape. I do have an extra complete set if you need pics including the above part numbers. Hope this helps.

www.supermotors.net/22468

Yeah, it's a hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks somebody, somewhere is tired of her sh#t.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

engine mount options

If you don't mind walking through a bone yard here are some cars that are a direct bolt in for the ford/Mercury midsize with the 460 option. I am using a set from a T-bird on my 74 ranchero and they bolted right up!

72 76 ranchero/Torino/Montego
74 76 elite/cougar
72-76 Thunderbird (all of these where 429 or 460 powered and have same engine bay mounting)
72-77 Lincoln mark series (some 77's may have a 400 but most where 460)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in